Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are currently looking to developing a calendar app for WebOS. Hopefully, this will be available in the BETA channel soon.

Please post any feature request here.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    Ubercalendar is a great place for you to start.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #3  
    We plan to incorporate some of the features. This is more than a patch. We are writing the calendar from scratch.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  4.    #4  
    Are icons for events really important? There's very little space to put them. I noticed in uberCalendar it doesn't line up very well.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    ICON for events, especially in the month view is a MUST have feature for me.
  6.    #6  
    would the need for icons still be needed if you could categorize the events?
    Last edited by merphie; 04/27/2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Look at the old Palm PIM Calendar, or Datebook5/6, and add in every feature.

Make sure you can send/accept via email.

For locations, allow gps co-ordinates, and addresses from contacts, and previously used locations.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  8.    #8  
    Please list features specifically instead of naming apps.

Send/Receive events from email may not be possible because of WebOS limitations.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  9.    #9  
    We have submitted the first version of this App in the BETA channel. This includes a list view, day, week, and month. Also has templates and categories. Please post suggestions or bugs here or email to support@digikatsoftware.com

Keep in mind this is a BETA application and maynot be fully functional and contain bugs. The link to download the application is below.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...gicalendarbeta
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    One feature I sorely miss from datebk6 are floating events. This means you can set events to appear in advance of their due date with a countdown timer (useful for birthdays for example). Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    One feature I sorely miss from datebk6 are floating events. This means you can set events to appear in advance of their due date with a countdown timer (useful for birthdays for example). Thanks

To make sure I understand you, Basically you set an event for May 1. But the event shows on 4/28 saying "Joe's Birthday in 3 days"?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Yep, that' exactly what I mean. In datebk6 you just had a number in brackets next to the event text showing you the number of days left.

Another great feature of datebk6 was the possibility to show todo's on the upper third of the one day view, but I have no idea if it is possible to implement this in webos.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Yep, that' exactly what I mean. In datebk6 you just had a number in brackets next to the event text showing you the number of days left.

Another great feature of datebk6 was the possibility to show todo's on the upper third of the one day view, but I have no idea if it is possible to implement this in webos.
    Ok, I wrote it down. I'm still working on the basics. Palm's beta channel appears to be having problems.

We can show task on the calendar. We plan to integrate this app with our DigiTask and DigiNotes. The only limitation we will have is you can't see events from other synergy accounts.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    would the need for icons still be needed if you could categorize the events?
    YES. I dont care for categories. I like to be able to look at a month view and see when I am traveling for business, meeting with friends or going out to see a show.

Can you filter the list view? This was another handy feature of Datebk6 which allowed filtering by keyword or icon. I often would look at the location changes for a monthly meeting that I attend.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    YES. I dont care for categories. I like to be able to look at a month view and see when I am traveling for business, meeting with friends or going out to see a show.

Can you filter the list view? This was another handy feature of Datebk6 which allowed filtering by keyword or icon. I often would look at the location changes for a monthly meeting that I attend.
    OK, got icons written down. Just want to make sure I don't include duplicate features.

Yes, it's possible to filter the list by anything you want. Right now, the list view has a filter box. Just start typing and it will filter the events based on a partial match of the event subject. (however, this is broken in 1.0.0)
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    i put in an event on May 1st.(business) it was for 6am-12 noon. when i looked it shows up on 4-30-11 with a yellow bar. i also put one in for July 12 and there is a yellow bar on 5-2-11. i go to the mothly calendar and it only shows the month of May. is there a way to scroll through the different months?

in the month view could you put a corresponding color bar on the date of any appointment?

how do you scroll thru weekly and monthly views?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    i put in an event on May 1st.(business) it was for 6am-12 noon. when i looked it shows up on 4-30-11 with a yellow bar. i also put one in for July 12 and there is a yellow bar on 5-2-11. i go to the mothly calendar and it only shows the month of May. is there a way to scroll through the different months?
    Version 1.0.0 was mainly to show the general design of the app. It's not functional.

We plan to publish version 1.0.1 today which will be more functional. The scrolling and filtering is working.

We haven't added the color coding of the events yet. Everything defaults to yellow. We're trying to get the basic app working before we add all the bells and whistles.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I am SO happy I came across this posting. I loathe the Pre calendar and it's the feature I use the most. I'm actually online this morning looking at the iPhone as an option.

I am not a developer or someone who can figure out the homebrew apps so I'm wondering if this will be an app available for purchase through the app catalog?

In terms of features the thing I miss most is being able to see what types of appointments I have (medical, work, school, etc) in month view. I don't care if it's an icon or color categorization, I just want to be able to visually identify what type of event it is. I also like advance alarms, and I would like to be able to search the calendar for specific events. I think any improvement will be wonderful.

Please post a reply to my question regarding where (and when!) this app will be available. I would totally be willing to pay for a decent calendar.

Many thanks, this is long over due!
    I found the 1.0 download in the Beta feed in Preware. I am holding off from downloading it for fear of the app corrupting my local calendar database.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie913 View Post
    In terms of features the thing I miss most is being able to see what types of appointments I have (medical, work, school, etc) in month view. I don't care if it's an icon or color categorization, I just want to be able to visually identify what type of event it is. I also like advance alarms, and I would like to be able to search the calendar for specific events. I think any improvement will be wonderful.

Please post a reply to my question regarding where (and when!) this app will be available. I would totally be willing to pay for a decent calendar.
    Thank you for your comments. DigiCalendar will be available in the public Palm App store as soon as the application is stable. We haven't determined a price, but we will offer a discount to anyone who helps BETA test the application. Currently the application is in the BETA channel on Palm. On your phone in a web browser, navigate to this link:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...gicalendarbeta

This will allow you to play around with the app as we make improvements. Keep in mind this application is in BETA. The data will not transfer from the BETA to the paid app.

What do you mean by advance alarms?

In the meantime, please suggest any additional features you want to see.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast