webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Digikat Software > DigiCalendar
DigiCalendar

Old 06/06/2011, 10:22 AM   #121 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
So if I have a 1.4.5 device, DigiCalendar won't pull in the Palm, Google, and Exchange calendar data that I have set up? If so, I guess that will give me another reason to hack my phone to 2.x or get a new one. (BTW, I enjoy the DigiScanner app very much!)
The 1.4.5 was more restrictive in sharing. WebOS 2 is better but it requires permission to be granted. DigiCalendar could show all the events but each application would have to grant us permission and we would have to implement it. Palm doesn't share with anyone.

So for the most part DigiCalendar can only show it's own information. However if you sync google (etc) to MS outlook then we can import it.
merphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2011, 02:34 PM   #122 (permalink)

Last month it was posted that Digicalendar Pro was going to be released in a few days. Whats up?

ET
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2011, 06:15 PM   #123 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
Last month it was posted that Digicalendar Pro was going to be released in a few days. Whats up?

ET
Good question, DigiCalendar Pro and several others have been pending for some time. I guess Palm is behind on their review processing.
Old 07/05/2011, 02:42 PM   #124 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Palm has published all versions of DigiCalendar. We also have submitted new version which includes various bug fixes that should be available early next week.
Old 07/05/2011, 09:24 PM   #125 (permalink)

Good news. Thanks. I hate WebOS calendar and really want this one to take off. Keep up the good work.

ET
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: merphie
Old 07/05/2011, 09:29 PM   #126 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
Good news. Thanks. I hate WebOS calendar and really want this one to take off. Keep up the good work.

ET
Thanks for your patience. We're still playing catch up. Palm's long delays in approving apps isn't helping either.

This next update corrects a lot of issues that were reported to us and even adds a few new features.
  • Search is now available from any view
  • Sound/Vibrate notification alerts
Old 07/06/2011, 02:04 AM   #127 (permalink)

I like some of the ideas in DigiCalendar, but I thought the Pro version was going to be able to access Synergy accounts. The Touchpad catalog still says no Synergy.

While DigiCalendar has some nice features, why would I use a calendar that doesn't utilize one of the main webOS differentiators? My life isn't in a sandbox, why should my calendar?

I think you've done some great work, but as long as this handicap exists, I don't see any reason for me to spend money on this.

Will DigiCalendar ever access Synergy accounts?
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2011, 03:09 AM   #128 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
I like some of the ideas in DigiCalendar, but I thought the Pro version was going to be able to access Synergy accounts. The Touchpad catalog still says no Synergy.

While DigiCalendar has some nice features, why would I use a calendar that doesn't utilize one of the main webOS differentiators? My life isn't in a sandbox, why should my calendar?

I think you've done some great work, but as long as this handicap exists, I don't see any reason for me to spend money on this.

Will DigiCalendar ever access Synergy accounts?
DigiCalendar Pad can't access Synergy because of a bug in webOs. Palm is aware of the problem. However, they have not given us any indication when this will be fixed.

The pro version does work with Synergy. However, if you are actually asking can DigiCalendar edit and read events on another calendar like Google then the answer is no. This is a limitation of webOs and out of our hands.

Palm has set up permissions so that one application may not access records from another application without specific permissions being granted. This means if DigiCalendar creates an event then xyz Calendar can't touch it. We would have to specifically grant create, read, update, and delete permissions to each application or grant all permissions to everyone.

The only exception is the Palm calendar. It can access everything on the device because they have given it root access. In fact, we have seen where an even created by our application can be edited by the Palm default apps which their app then takes ownership of that record and we can no longer touch it. This is another bug that Palm is aware of.

This problem has a couple of solutions. The first one is for Palm to grant access to our application. They've basically told us this would never happen. In webOs 2 it is possible to create events but that's it. Palm has really made the synergy data inaccessible. I can point to the documentation that shows the limitations.

The second, is DigiCalendar could be distributed as a homebrew app and with some modifications directly to the Os it could access the information. However, we could never publish it in the app catalog.

The last solution which is what we are working toward is to provide an application, DigiSync, that accomplished the synchronization or it is also possible to create our own connectors where we could synchronize DigiCalendar with Google for example.

our goal is to provide as many features in our applications as posisble. For example, all our apps can (or will) be able to share information between them. We will be integrating Calendar with DigiTask soon. (Pro versions only)

People have been asking for access to the IM messages, call log, etc since version 1. Palm still hasn't provided any method to access this information. Remember, access to the mic just became available in version 2.1 (and later) Bluetooth abilities were just introduced in 2.0!

I understand if the inability to fully modify all the information on the device would be a deal breaker for you. We would love to have that functionality, but it just won't happen until Palm makes those abilities available in webOs.
Thanked By: PrinceAlbert
Old 07/06/2011, 06:18 AM   #129 (permalink)

I understand, it's just a situation that sucks
Old 07/06/2011, 07:35 AM   #130 (permalink)

I just purchased DigiCalendar for my Palm Pre 2 on Verizon running webOS 2.01.
It does not read the stock webOS calendar. It is useless to me until there is a fix.
Another program, Agenda, is able to read and import the calendar info.
If they can do it I don't understand why DigiCalendar cannot.
PreDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2011, 07:45 AM   #131 (permalink)

merphie-thanks for doing this. I don't know if it's been mentioned since it's a long thread, but all of us would like to be able to add invitees to an event. It is a basic necessity of a calendar function for us working people. Naturally, the ability to add invitees from an exchange account would truly be amazing.

thank you
nabril1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2011, 04:37 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
I just purchased DigiCalendar for my Palm Pre 2 on Verizon running webOS 2.01.
It does not read the stock webOS calendar. It is useless to me until there is a fix.
Another program, Agenda, is able to read and import the calendar info.
If they can do it I don't understand why DigiCalendar cannot.
The App Catalog clearly states it can't access Synergy accounts. If you can't be bothered to read the description before buying, that's your problem, nobody else's.

Agenda uses a hack that the author clearly says will be closed. Since webOS 2.x that's happened. Neither Agenda or anything else can access calendar data.
Old 07/07/2011, 06:59 AM   #133 (permalink)

can digitasks sync between TouchPad and Pre?

are you working on or plan to have Google calendar sync (via PC or other method)?

thanks!
Old 07/07/2011, 10:11 AM   #134 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
can digitasks sync between TouchPad and Pre?

are you working on or plan to have Google calendar sync (via PC or other method)?

thanks!
There currently isn't a method to sync between the TouchPad and Pre. Palm has not provided a way to do this.

We are currently working on a sync for MS outlook. We plan to offer a google Calendar synchronization.
Thanked By: PrinceAlbert
Old 07/07/2011, 10:14 AM   #135 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
merphie-thanks for doing this. I don't know if it's been mentioned since it's a long thread, but all of us would like to be able to add invitees to an event. It is a basic necessity of a calendar function for us working people. Naturally, the ability to add invitees from an exchange account would truly be amazing.

thank you
DigiCalendar current supports event invites. They are located at the bottom of the event details.

I have notifications on our request. The invites wouldn't work from webOs because there isn't a way to send automated messages. Basically, if you had 10 invites to an event, 10 emails would pop up and you would have to tap send on each one.

However, It is possible to automate these on the MS outlook side.

Last edited by merphie; 07/07/2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: content
Old 07/07/2011, 10:16 AM   #136 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

All updates of DigiCalendar have been published.
Old 07/16/2011, 12:53 PM   #137 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

We've been getting reports from users that the currently published version for the touchpad is locking up on the welcome screen. We believe this error has been caused by Palm publishing a old version of the application.

We've resubmitted the application and asked Palm to push the update through as quickly as possible
Old 03/05/2012, 02:28 PM   #138 (permalink)

If I have purchased Digicalendar Pro and Digicalendar Pad, can the two sync?
Indydoc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 07:50 PM   #139 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No, there's no sync for the touchpad.

Tags
calendar

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0