Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 139
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    Well, if categories are there they just weren't obvious on how to use it. The only drop down I noticed was which synergy account it's showing which isn't the same thing. I digress.

    The whole intention of this thread is to better DigiCalendar. If fact, version 1.0.7 was submitted today adding the default view in preferences and a few bug fixes.
    To use categories in UC, in the events detail view, to the right of the reminder field you'll see a square button labeled with a lower case 'I' on it. Tap that & the list of categories appear. Select one & you're done. You create / edit / delete categories there.

    These categories are total independent of your Synergy accounts. For example: You create an event in the business calendar. You can also add a category to the event. Tap the 'I' button & a list of categories appear for you to select one. Depending on the category chosen, you will see a color change, an icon appears on the calendar or. Both.
  2. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #102  
    Wow... how did I miss out on this thread? Just noticed this listed as a new App available in the catalogue: great to see!

    A few questions (I skimmed the forum posts, but, am not 100% clear on these / apologize if they were already covered)

    - Is the suite of products (DigiCalendar, Digisync, etc..) available now for both WebOS 1.4.5 and 2.x?
    -Have the Google Synergy issues been resolved, or, would I be required to import my data via Digisync, etc..?
    -Does Digisync work for multiple Calendars (currently I have an Outlook calendar & a Google calendar)?
    -Does Digisync cover the other PIM apps (Tasks, Notes & Contacts)?

    A quick background on how I currently use PIM in WebOS (v. 1.4.5, Pre+):

    PIM Set 1 (Business): Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Memos -- Currently handled by Chapura in the following configuration: WebOS <--> Outlook <--> Exchange

    PIM Set 2 (Personal): Calendar, Contacts -- Currently handled in the following configuration: WebOS <--> Google (via Synergy) / Google <--> Outlook via Google Sync (Calendar) and manually handled for contacts.

    Ideally, I would like to use DigiCalendar in the above configuration -- ie: keeping my existing conduits (Chapura & Google Synergy) in-place as-is. From reading this forum, I'm assuming this isn't possible yet.
    Last edited by cmahy; 05/18/2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  3. #103  
    @merphie I think we've hashed this out enough. I think DigiCalendar & UberCalendar are both good products. The only words I'll say about UberCalendar again here is if it comes up in discussion and I have a constructive answer. Fair enough?

    Please keep it coming with the DigiWorld of apps. I'm looking forward to buying DigiOffice for webOS 2.x.
  4.    #104  
    Originally we posted on this forum that all the applications including DigiCalendar have an upgrade to bring them in to WebOS 2.X. We tried this approach with DigiTask.

    A new version of DigiTask was posted to the Application store that was for WebOS 2.X only. We believed that WebOs 1.4.X users would not get this upgrade. Saddly, this wasn't the case. The new version doesn't work on the previous versions of WebOS and data loss occurred.

    With this experience in mind, the current version of DigiCalendar was written for WebOS 1.4.5. The new version of DigiCalendar for WebOS 2.X will be released as DigiCalendar Pro and will be a seperate purchase.

    The current version of DigiCalendar 1.0.7 will work on WebOS 2.X but won't offer the new features available on WebOS 2.X.

    When the new version becomes available and If you are using WebOS 2.x and have already purchased DigiCalendar we will provide a promo code so you may upgrade at no charge.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Wow... how did I miss out on this thread? Just noticed this listed as a new App available in the catalogue: great to see!

    A few questions (I skimmed the forum posts, but, am not 100% clear on these / apologize if they were already covered)

    - Is the suite of products (DigiCalendar, Digisync, etc..) available now for both WebOS 1.4.5 and 2.x?
    -Have the Google Synergy issues been resolved, or, would I be required to import my data via Digisync, etc..?
    -Does Digisync work for multiple Calendars (currently I have an Outlook calendar & a Google calendar)?
    -Does Digisync cover the other PIM apps (Tasks, Notes & Contacts)?

    A quick background on how I currently use PIM in WebOS (v. 1.4.5, Pre+):

    PIM Set 1 (Business): Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Memos -- Currently handled by Chapura in the following configuration: WebOS <--> Outlook <--> Exchange

    PIM Set 2 (Personal): Calendar, Contacts -- Currently handled in the following configuration: WebOS <--> Google (via Synergy) / Google <--> Outlook via Google Sync (Calendar) and manually handled for contacts.

    Ideally, I would like to use DigiCalendar in the above configuration -- ie: keeping my existing conduits (Chapura & Google Synergy) in-place as-is. From reading this forum, I'm assuming this isn't possible yet.
    As of today, DigiNotes and DigiTask are the only applications that have a WebOs 2.X version. They are called DigiNote Pro and DigiTask Pro. We are working to convert the other apps to WebOS 2.X. We will post in their thread when the update becomes available.

    In DigiTask Pro and DigiNote Pro their data does show in the Palm apps (tasks and Memo) However there seems to be a problem in this area. For example, if I create a note in DigiNote then open Palm's memo and modify the note. Palm's application takes ownership of the note and it will no longer be available in DigiNote. We have opened a bug report with Palm over this issue.

    It was decided with the release of DigiCalendar not to integrate into synergy because the synergy system in WebOS 2.X is drastically different than in previous version. The upcoming release of DigiCalendar Pro will integrate with Synergy.

    DigiSync (WebOS 2.X) will synchronize our suite of applications. It's not possible to synchronize someone else's data unless they specifically grant permission to us.

    I'm not 100% familar with Chapura's applications or conduit. The problem of permissions will still be an issue. For example, when Chapura creates a calendar account in Synergy to put their data they don't grant permissions to our applications to read their data. So anything changed by Chapura (or any other application) will not be visible to DigiCalendar.

    The Palm Calendar is the only application that has permission to everything on the device.

    If anything changes we will post an update.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  6. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #106  
    Thanks. I suppose the thing I would be most interested in for now is a Calendar stand-in (ie: sort of how Universe can be a stand-in for the default browser) / using the standard Calendar data. All the same, I'll keep a close eye on this as it might cover what I want/need in the future.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Thanks. I suppose the thing I would be most interested in for now is a Calendar stand-in (ie: sort of how Universe can be a stand-in for the default browser) / using the standard Calendar data. All the same, I'll keep a close eye on this as it might cover what I want/need in the future.
    We appreciate the interest. The problem with any stand in is WebOs 2.X has permissions set on everything. In order to see the events from Chapura they would have to specifically grant permission to our application. I don't know if they would be willing since we have a lot of apps that compete with their products.

    Palm is the only one who can see everything.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  8. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    We appreciate the interest. The problem with any stand in is WebOs 2.X has permissions set on everything. In order to see the events from Chapura they would have to specifically grant permission to our application. I don't know if they would be willing since we have a lot of apps that compete with their products.

    Palm is the only one who can see everything.
    In the end, this is good all around:

    1. Palm adding more security / permissions for PIM data = Good for Enterprise support

    2. Merphie & team dedicating time & attention to a terribly-neglected side of the smartphone industry (PIM) = Good for those frustrated with the fact that PalmOS > WebOS from a PIM perspective.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  9. #109  
    The thread kind of died. lol

    I had two problems after purchasing digicalendar and the 1.07 update corrected both. However, now the alarms don't work. I normally set an alarm to go off 30 minutes prior to the event. The alarm went off 5 minutes before the event. Then I tried the 60 minute prior to the event alarm and it didn't go off until the event time. Anyone else having these problems?

    ET
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I had two problems after purchasing digicalendar and the 1.07 update corrected both. However, now the alarms don't work. I normally set an alarm to go off 30 minutes prior to the event. The alarm went off 5 minutes before the event. Then I tried the 60 minute prior to the event alarm and it didn't go off until the event time. Anyone else having these problems?
    This is a known bug. We will submit a release next week that will correct this problem.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    would the need for icons still be needed if you could categorize the events?
    Yes, colors are great.
  12. #112  
    BTW will the suite be "enyo-ized" in time for TouchPad launch? I'm not holding my breath for any decent PIM improvements from HP. Although, come to think of it, if they're serious about enterprise penetration it SHOULD be near the top of the to do list.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    BTW will the suite be "enyo-ized" in time for TouchPad launch? I'm not holding my breath for any decent PIM improvements from HP. Although, come to think of it, if they're serious about enterprise penetration it SHOULD be near the top of the to do list.
    We're working on it. They haven't given a release date so we don't even know how much time we have.

    Right now, trying to get DigiSync converted.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  14.    #114  
    Version 1.0.8 has been submitted to the Palm catalog which fixes a bug in the reminder. It should be available in a couple of days.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  15. #115  
    Everytime i tried to set attendees and the app crashed..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Everytime i tried to set attendees and the app crashed..
    OK, I will check on this.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  17. #117  
    Okay, downloaded the update today and the alarm issue was fixed. Perfect. Just waiting for the sync thing is done. Thanks so much.

    ET
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Okay, downloaded the update today and the alarm issue was fixed. Perfect. Just waiting for the sync thing is done. Thanks so much.
    Excellent. We posted DigiSync Today. It only includes DigiNotes Pro and DigiTask Pro right now.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  19.    #119  
    DigiCalendar Pro for WebOs 2.0 has been submitted and should be available in a few days.

    If you have WebOS 2.0 and have purchased DigiCalendar you can upgrade for free by emailing sshipman@digikatsoftware.com with your registered email address. We will then send you a promo code so you can download DigiCalendar Pro.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    It was decided with the release of DigiCalendar not to integrate into synergy because the synergy system in WebOS 2.X is drastically different than in previous version. The upcoming release of DigiCalendar Pro will integrate with Synergy.
    So if I have a 1.4.5 device, DigiCalendar won't pull in the Palm, Google, and Exchange calendar data that I have set up? If so, I guess that will give me another reason to hack my phone to 2.x or get a new one. (BTW, I enjoy the DigiScanner app very much!)
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions