Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    Thank you. I will work on the icons next after I finish implementing the recurring appointments.

What would you suggest on the month view? The boxes for each day are obviously too small for a true representation of the events for that day. Perhaps just a small line for each event until the box is full?

Adding icons would mean we could only fit 1-3 events per day on a month view. This is because an icon less than 5 pixels in height would be hard for someone with 20/20 vision to see.
    Well, for the month view you could maybe use some kind of colored boxes representing the different categories. Back in the datebk days the month view boxes were filled with the icons till there was no more space (I think 3 icons max). Have you checked the datebk or the agendus (the second very popular palm agenda prog) site to get some inspiration? Cheerio

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Well, for the month view you could maybe use some kind of colored boxes representing the different categories. Back in the datebk days the month view boxes were filled with the icons till there was no more space (I think 3 icons max). Have you checked the datebk or the agendus (the second very popular palm agenda prog) site to get some inspiration?
    Yes, I've tried to look at other programs but the information from those programs is usually pretty limited. I'll see if I can get something working by the next version.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    Can it accept/reject an Outlook meeting request?
    Will it send an Outlook meeting request?
    Can it track meeting request answers from email?
    Can it change time zones (for example, I am in California but want to use my calendar as though I am in London)?
    How can we import a Google calendar so we can see how it handles live data?
    Can it enter repeating dates (the first Monday of each month or Quarter, for example?)
    Can we search for meetings, attendees, topics?
    Can it list meetings/appointment (name, date, time, completed y/n): either past or near future? That eliminates the blank times.
    Can it function as a tickler - remind me of past events if I have not marked them as "Done"?
    If you allowed the user to choose whether the calendar entry was an Appointment, Call or Task, you could begin to have both a functional schedule to-do list or project manager plus a regular calendar.
    If you can access the telephone call log, calls which were meetings or tasks could swerve as the "completed" check-off. Or a call might be linked to a calendar as a later to-do (ie, a call was not answered so it needs to be made again.)
    Can it import/export or link to a Memo? Tasks? etc?
    Can the data be imported from or exported to MS Outlook or CSV format?
    Can a user set preferences: default metings are 60 mins, 30 mins, 15 mins...?

It might be useful to look at the Agendus calendar that ran on Palm O/S or the Ecco Pro (Windows) calendar which would sync to the Palm O/S calendar. Both provided great functionality. See iambic software for Agendus. Ecco can be found via Ecco Pro forums on Yahoo: ecco_pro : Ecco Pro Software :: support & extension and eccopro : Ecco Pro
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1palmclapping View Post
    Can it accept/reject an Outlook meeting request?

Will it send an Outlook meeting request?
    Accepting meeting request is a function of Outlook. In WebOS (1.4.X) you can compose an email but not automatically send one.

This type of automation isn't really possible right now. The only way it might would be to include a email client in the application as well.

Can it track meeting request answers from email?
    No, an application does not have access to received emails on WebOs. This is more of a function of Outlook.

Can it change time zones (for example, I am in California but want to use my calendar as though I am in London)?
    We will implement timezones per start date and end date. So it could begin in California time and end in London time. This will probably not be in the first release.

How can we import a Google calendar so we can see how it handles live data?
    An interface to Google Calendar has not been planned yet. We've focused more on basic functionality. Synchronizing data is very complicated. All the Synchronization functionality is planned for DigiSync.

Can it enter repeating dates (the first Monday of each month or Quarter, for example?)
    Custom repeating is a planned feature but will probably not be included in the first release

Can we search for meetings, attendees, topics?
    A detailed search is planned

Can it list meetings/appointment (name, date, time, completed y/n): either past or near future? That eliminates the blank times.
    There is a meeting status that can be set. If you are referring to a search functionality then historical events can be included in the search.

Can it function as a tickler - remind me of past events if I have not marked them as "Done"?
    Marking something complete is more of a task, but events in the past will not be deleted unless archived by the user.

If you allowed the user to choose whether the calendar entry was an Appointment, Call or Task, you could begin to have both a functional schedule to-do list or project manager plus a regular calendar.
    There are categories available for each event, you could set them as meeting, call, etc You can enter as many categories as you want.

If you can access the telephone call log, calls which were meetings or tasks could swerve as the "completed" check-off. Or a call might be linked to a calendar as a later to-do (ie, a call was not answered so it needs to be made again.)
    Access to the call log is not possible in WebOS (1.4.X).

Can it import/export or link to a Memo? Tasks? etc?
    We plan to implemented import/export to DigiTask and DigiNotes.

Can the data be imported from or exported to MS Outlook or CSV format?
    We plan to synchronize to MS Outlook using DigiSync.

Can a user set preferences: default metings are 60 mins, 30 mins, 15 mins...?
    This is planned but has not been implemented.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    The calendar is wonderful!

It would be helpful to have additional color choices for categories, I generally have 12 categories because I manage schedules for four people and one dog.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in the week view there's a line that divides the screen and I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's minor.

I still don't see any sign of events on the month view.

Thanks for explaining the email/appt issue. Not a big deal if it will sync with Outlook or Google.

At this point I know that I will purchase this calendar when it's available and will use it as my primary calendar, provided there's a way to sync it with either Outlook or Google (this is how I add my work calendar, which includes a lot of meetings and a lot of travel). I will happily purchase DigiSync if that's what it takes.

This is a tremendous improvement over what's currently out there. Thank you for allowing feedback and input - if Palm paid attention to the forums out there this would have been rectified some time ago. I so appreciate the opportunity to at least ask for functions that are useful to me.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie913 View Post
    The calendar is wonderful!

It would be helpful to have additional color choices for categories, I generally have 12 categories because I manage schedules for four people and one dog.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in the week view there's a line that divides the screen and I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's minor.

I still don't see any sign of events on the month view.

Thanks for explaining the email/appt issue. Not a big deal if it will sync with Outlook or Google.

At this point I know that I will purchase this calendar when it's available and will use it as my primary calendar, provided there's a way to sync it with either Outlook or Google (this is how I add my work calendar, which includes a lot of meetings and a lot of travel). I will happily purchase DigiSync if that's what it takes.

This is a tremendous improvement over what's currently out there. Thank you for allowing feedback and input - if Palm paid attention to the forums out there this would have been rectified some time ago. I so appreciate the opportunity to at least ask for functions that are useful to me.
    Thank you.

We will add more colors for the categories probably closer to the release.

I think I know what you mean on the week. I discovered it today. If you had two appointments on the same time, but on different days the appointments get smaller. This will be corrected on the next release.

The events on the month have not been implemented yet. We're still trying to determine the best way to do it. There's a lot of information for very little space. I will try to have something in the next version. I've spent most of my time implementing the recurring events today.

DigiCalendar probably won't synchronize on the first release. Synchronization of the data is a complicated process. Another problem is that everything has changed in WebOS 2.X so the current version of DigiSync will not work with WebOs 2.X.

It would help us out if you would be willing to test DigiSync as well. There's been very few people testing it or they just haven't reported any problems. It currently works with the WebOs calendar. It creates it's own account so if you already have a Synchronization method it might duplicate the events. However, deleting the DigiSync app will remove the duplicates.

The beta link is

http://developer.palm.com/webChannel...t.digisyncbeta

The windows software is at

DigiBackup - Keep it Together

We appreciate the testing you've done with the application. We always listen to our users and try to implement the features they request. Most of the applications we have available are largely from user request.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I'm traveling for work this week but I will download DigiSync tonight and play around with it.

If I may make one gender biased request regarding the colors for the calendar...is it possible to have...prettier choices? Not that retina damaging yellow isn't pretty ;-)

I had a thought about the month view. Rather than icons, would it be easier to have a block of categorized color? So when I look at May 4th I see that I have a work appointment, a medical appointment and an assignment due for school, based on the blocks or lines of color. Make sense?

I realize this is a big undertaking and it may be awhile before everything plays well together. It will be worth the wait!
    The "Help" menu takes me to Digi Tasks, not DigiCalendar. Is there any other source for help, feature lsiting, etc?

I entered an event for today, May 3. It shows up in the Wekly View, the Daily View, but no indication of anything on the monthly view. Nor does it show up in what I assume is a List view - the first of the 4 views.
  9.    #49  
    The "Help" menu takes me to Digi Tasks, not DigiCalendar. Is there any other source for help, feature lsiting, etc?

I entered an event for today, May 3. It shows up in the Wekly View, the Daily View, but no indication of anything on the monthly view. Nor does it show up in what I assume is a List view - the first of the 4 views.
    No, the website for DigiCalendar has not been completed. This application is in BETA and is very fluid.

The monthly view doesn't diplay events in version 1.0.2. Version 1.0.3 will be posted soon.

I can walk you through some of the features or answer any questions you have.
    Last edited by merphie; 05/03/2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Content
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  10.    #50  
    Version 1.0.3 has been published and should be available in 24 hours.

If you were using a previous version, It maybe necessary to delete the app and reinstall it.

In this version:

• Adds floating events
    • event Icons
    • event Search
    • recurring events
    • events on month view
    • bug fixes
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Version 1.0.3 has been published and should be available in 24 hours.

If you were using a previous version, It maybe necessary to delete the app and reinstall it.

In this version:

• Adds floating events
    • event Icons
    • event Search
    • recurring events
    • events on month view
    • bug fixes
    Do you support user-generated icons? For example I use the ying/yang symbol to represent events for my kids.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Do you support user-generated icons? For example I use the ying/yang symbol to represent events for my kids.
    We could put that feature in but it probably won't be in the first release. I will write it down for a future version.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I just downloaded 1.0.3 and it will only open to the help page. I'm excited about this app and I feel it has been a long time coming, however this app is so raw that there just isn't anything to beta test. I am happy to continue to support this endever and confident that it will be a success, we just need more to work with. Peace.
    Hey Merphie,

As promised I installed DigiSync and DigiBackup to my phone and computer. When I tried to open the apps neither would open. DigiBackup popped up a window with tech info to send to DigiKat. I deleted the apps from the phone and laptop and reinstalled with the same result, I am not able to open either application. DigiBackup on the laptop says there's a serious error and the app can't open and allows me to send an email, DigiSync on the Pre just won't open, the circle that shows the app working just keeps running.

Aside from that, looking forward to the next version of the calendar!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoMamma View Post
    I just downloaded 1.0.3 and it will only open to the help page. I'm excited about this app and I feel it has been a long time coming, however this app is so raw that there just isn't anything to beta test. I am happy to continue to support this endever and confident that it will be a success, we just need more to work with. Peace.
    Send me a PM with the email address you used on the preferences.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie913 View Post
    Hey Merphie,

As promised I installed DigiSync and DigiBackup to my phone and computer. When I tried to open the apps neither would open. DigiBackup popped up a window with tech info to send to DigiKat. I deleted the apps from the phone and laptop and reinstalled with the same result, I am not able to open either application. DigiBackup on the laptop says there's a serious error and the app can't open and allows me to send an email, DigiSync on the Pre just won't open, the circle that shows the app working just keeps running.

Aside from that, looking forward to the next version of the calendar!
    What version of WebOS are you using on the Pre? What operating system are you using on your laptop/pc?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Please list features specifically instead of naming apps.

Send/Receive events from email may not be possible because of WebOS limitations.
    More ways to view my calendar: In addition to the normal daily, weekly, and monthly views I want three month, six month, and yearly views (If I could see an one-year calendar on Palm TX five years ago, I better be able to see a similar view on any modern smartphone with a largish screen.)

An agenda view which integrates Calendar and To Do items (Tasks).

A feature similar to Datebk5's floating events, tasks without a specific due date which "roll over" from one day to the next and act as reminders.

Ability to link appointments to contacts and memos (similar to way you can do in Datebk5).

Integration with cloud task managers like Remember the Milk.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    More ways to view my calendar: In addition to the normal daily, weekly, and monthly views I want three month, six month, and yearly views (If I could see an one-year calendar on Palm TX five years ago, I better be able to see a similar view on any modern smartphone with a largish screen.)

An agenda view which integrates Calendar and To Do items (Tasks).

A feature similar to Datebk5's floating events, tasks without a specific due date which "roll over" from one day to the next and act as reminders.

Ability to link appointments to contacts and memos (similar to way you can do in Datebk5).

Integration with cloud task managers like Remember the Milk.
    The multi year view would be hard to do because the screens aren't big enough. Right now a day on the month view is 48X40 pixels. Each month would divide that. Just showing 2 months would make the text hard to read.

The agenda in DigiCalendar will integrate with DigiTask and DigiNotes.

Version 1.0.3 of DigiCalendar has floating events. The event shows on each day before the event by the number you specify. They have a number in brackets as a count down clock.

I'm not sure what you mean by linking contacts. Importing their email?

Integration with 3rd party services will come later. We've had about 10 different request for everyone's favorite online service.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Hello merphie. What works for me in a calendar is simplicity. Color coded events in month view would be the bomb. I feel that trying to cram 10lbs of p--p into a 1lb sack just doesn't work.I like Cassie913 idea of colors instead of icons. I'm thinking keep it simple, then go from there. Peace.
    Sorry merphie. Still no-go with the calendar. I only get the Preferences and Help screens, no more. I'm rockin a Pre+ 2.1 vzw build. I'll keep at it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast