Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I found the 1.0 download in the Beta feed in Preware. I am holding off from downloading it for fear of the app corrupting my local calendar database.
    It won't corrupt your calendar database. Applications can't share databases on WebOS. So your events in the pre calendar are perfectly safe.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  2.    #22  
    DigiCalendar Version 1.0.1 has been submitted and should be available in the BETA channel within 24 hours. This version improves the interface and the basic functionality is working.

If you downloaded version 1.0.0, you may want to delete the app and install version 1.0.1.

The updates include:

• GPS/Contact address integration for Event location
    • filtering, the views now only show the correct events
    • Floating events added to details
    • Date Navigation implemented
    • Save/list event templates
    • Jump to a date implemented
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I am so excited about this calendar, I can't wait to use it!

By advance alarm I'm talking about the floating events or countdown that were discussed earlier in the thread.

I also saw that this calendar will not see events from "other synergy accounts". Keeping in mind that I am not a developer or techie, will this mean having to populate this calendar separately, or will there be a way to import or sync with a calendar (Outlook, Google, etc) that is part of a synergy account?

I appreciate your responses and your patience with my questions.
    C
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie913 View Post
    I also saw that this calendar will not see events from "other synergy accounts". Keeping in mind that I am not a developer or techie, will this mean having to populate this calendar separately, or will there be a way to import or sync with a calendar (Outlook, Google, etc) that is part of a synergy account?
    OK, floating events will be implemented.

We will put the events that you enter in the app in Palm Synergy. So the pre calendar will show the DigiCalendar events.

In the pre calendar you can see all the events (color coded by the account) from google, palm, or what ever account you have added. The problem is that WebOS doesn't allow one application to even see events from other accounts. In otherwords, your google account can't see the events from the yahoo account althought the pre calendar shows both.

So the only events DigiCalendar will show is those that you enter into DigiCalendar. We currently have another application called DigiSync which is also in BETA that synchronizes your phone to MS outlook. DigiCalendar will work with DigiSync.

Does that make sense?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Yes! If I understand correctly, DigiCalendar will sync to Outlook via DigiSync (also beta) so if I keep my Outlook calendar up to date (it syncs with Google) then all of my appointments will show up in DigiCalendar. Sorry you have to explain it like I'm two, I'm just a regular old user.

Thank you! I'm going to download the Beta version from the link you posted earlier. I can't tell you how awesome this is. I rely so heavily on my calendar because I track everyone in the house plus I travel for work and I'm in grad school. I NEED a calendar that works!
  6.    #26  
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I just want to make sure I don't talk too techie. Been doing this stuff for too long.

Just remember with the BETA there probably will be bugs so don't rely on it yet. If you do find any problems you can post here or send an email to us.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    What do you mean by not being able to sync with other synergy accounts? Does this mean that I can't sync my google calendar?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    What do you mean by not being able to sync with other synergy accounts? Does this mean that I can't sync my google calendar?
    An application can not read information owed by other accounts. This is a webos limitation. I think this may be fixed in WebOS 2.X
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I've downloaded the Beta calendar and am playing around with it. Later tonight or tomorrow morning after I've had some time to try "breaking" it I'll have additional feedback.

So far it's wonderful!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    C
    I've been playing with the calendar this weekend and I have some feedback and questions.

Knowing this is a Beta version, there are a few buggy type things I found. I can add categories (Hallelujah!) but I do not see colors/icons to identify the type of category, currently everything shows up yellow. On occasion I see a thin yellow line between two dates and I'm not able to select it to see if it's an event. In the agenda view (which I love!!) the past heading shows future events and vice versa. In month view I can't see which days have events scheduled. I attempted to schedule a recurring appointment but the event only showed up on the first day at midnight.

A few suggestions: being able to set business hours so the calendar starts at, say, 8am rather than midnight. Holidays. Gestures - I find myself swiping to move from day to day (this is really minor). Some people might like to have the calendar open in a certain view each time.

Will a full version of DigiSync be available when the calendar is released?
    Will the calendar show tasks, provided the DigiTask app is being used?
    Will it be possible to email an event to someone?

I really like that it links to my contacts to make adding a location easy. The agenda view is terrific, I like seeing what's upcoming, and I like being able to set the alarm well in advance.

I've tried other calendars and haven't found one that I like. This calendar is awesome. I've been a Palm user for years solely because of the calendar function and since I moved to the Pre I've been so unhappy. I rely heavily on my calendar to keep myself and all of my family members organized - and it was originally marketed as a tool for mothers!

I'll spend more time playing with it and will check back on Monday to see what's going on.

Great job so far!
    C
  11.    #31  
    Yes, the category colors haven't been implemented yet and only show as yellow. I'm trying to figure out the best way for the user to select the color for category (and then figure out how to implement it) This will be added in a future version.

The recurring events haven't been implemented yet either. The information is stored but that's it.

The calendar will open in the last view you used with the exception of the agenda.

I've completed the "all day" events. They appear at the top of the calendar like the regular one. I've also been working on getting the reminders to work.

I plan to implement a work hours feature. I'm just not sure because the built in calendar just grays out the hours outside business hours which I personally don't find useful.

I made a note of the other things you mentioned and will check on them.

DigiSync is still in testing and as far as I know I am the only one testing it. Part of the problem is the app has been stuck in Palm's website. I've been talking to Palm trying to get it fixed but movement has been slow. The calendar's sync will probably come later because this is a major thing to do.

I will integrate our other apps in this one once the calendar is fully functional. I haven't figured out a good way to display task on the calendar yet. I'm open to suggestions for this. To answer your question, yes if the user has DigiTask, there will be an option in the calendar preferences to access it.

Emailing events is tricky. I don't believe WebOS supports attachments. For most calendars, like OutLook, to recognize the event it would have to be a file attachment. In short, I don't think it will be possible due to WebOS limitations. I will look more into this as we move forward.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  12.    #32  
    Version 1.0.2 has been submitted and should be available in 24 hours.

• Category Color Coding
    • Reminder Notification
    • All Day Events are displayed seperately
    • Snooze/Dismissed
    • Color coding on Agenda and Calendar Views
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I understand that Digicalendar is a standalone applications with its own database and synchronization with Outlook.

Can you give us a feature comparison versus Ubercalendar?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Can you give us a feature comparison versus Ubercalendar?
    I can try to give a comparison. One problem is that we made a BETA release of DigiCalendar very early in it's life. There are a lot of standard features that are not implemented yet. So I will try to speak from my notes on what we intend to implement. Of course, I encourage anyone to post feature request for the calendar.

First, I would start that a comparison of DigiCalendar and UberCalender really is no contest. UberCalender is a patch and not an application. This means that ubercalendar simply makes adjustments to the calendar already present in WebOs. This alone is subject to problems because any changes Palm makes to the OS could blow up the patch or vice versus. (I tried to install ubercalendar and it messed up my calendar) This also means that UberCalendar has some limitation because it depends on data already available in the default calendar. For example, it isn't possible for uberCalendar to have categories without some heavy modification of the default calendar which may not even be possible. As a patch UberCalendar would never be in the Palm application store and Palm will not provide for your device if you use a patch. Patches are usually outside the realm of non-technical users anyway.

As discussed earlier an application can only modify it's own data. So if there is a problem with the application your Yahoo and Google calendars are safe. Nothing is safe if there's a problem with the patch.

That being said, I am not saying the patch is a bad thing nor am i trashing the work done by the author. They did a good job on it. I am merely speaking of the limitations of a patch.

The main advantage of the uberCalendar patch is that in WebOs 1.4.X it can access all the synergy account information which an application can not do. From my understanding Palm has fixed this in WebOs 2.X so it won't be an advantage for long.

In addition, the patch is free for those who know how to install it. DigiCalendar will not be free because of the extra time it takes to develop it and support it. A patch author is not required to support their work where we are required to support our applications.

From what I've seen, the patch mainly implements shortcuts and a few display refinements but doesn't really add new features to the calendar.

Already, DigiCalendar (1.0.3) has color coded categories, GPS integration, contact integration, floating events, meeting participants, and Agenda list. These are all features that the uberCalendar patch doesn't implement and probably can't.

We are working on additional features which should be posted soon in later BETA versions such as Archive History, Alarm List, Task/Notes Integration, outlook integration, and detailed search capability. This is the short list and we have been getting a ton of feature request daily.

I know I mentioned meeting participants which the uberCalendar patch implements to some extent. However, I didn't see in UberCalendar where you could modify this list. So meeting participants in uberCalendar is only partially implemented. Although, this maybe because the patch didn't seem to install correctly. I had missing icons and events misaligned as well.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    This calendar is really getting better and better! It would be great to see some icon implementation especially for week and month view in order to see in a glance what lies ahead. Keep up the great work!

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    This calendar is really getting better and better! It would be great to see some icon implementation especially for week and month view in order to see in a glance what lies ahead. Keep up the great work!
    Thank you. I will work on the icons next after I finish implementing the recurring appointments.

What would you suggest on the month view? The boxes for each day are obviously too small for a true representation of the events for that day. Perhaps just a small line for each event until the box is full?

Adding icons would mean we could only fit 1-3 events per day on a month view. This is because an icon less than 5 pixels in height would be hard for someone with 20/20 vision to see.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Hi. I am a devoted WebOS user and been rockin a VZW Pre+ since launch day. I follow the forums daily, however this is my first post so be gentle. I'm excited about this calendar and I would be happy to beta test it. My platform is Pre+ 2.1 Meta @ 1ghz Uber. I will report back soon. Peace.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoMamma View Post
    I'm excited about this calendar and I would be happy to beta test it. My platform is Pre+ 2.1 Meta @ 1ghz Uber. I will report back soon. Peace.
    Welcome! The more people who test, the better the calendar will be. You can report issues or feature request here or send them to support@digikatsoftware.com
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    Welcome! The more people who test, the better the calendar will be. You can report issues or feature request here or send them to support@digikatsoftware.com
    is the latest version 1.02 or .03 ?
    if .03 , where can I dwnload I have .02

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    is the latest version 1.02 or .03 ?
    if .03 , where can I dwnload I have .02
    Version 1.0.2 is the current published version.

1.0.3 will probably be published tomorrow. I will post a message in this thread when the new version is submitted.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast