Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a loyal duke fan since I used to play it on my windows 3.11 system. As we wait for Duke Nukem Forever (which is what 10 years in the making :/), we needed some Duke on our WebOS Device!

Duke Nukem Soundboard

ENJOY!

P.S. - Make sure to click on an ad from time to time .

3D Realms Website : http://3drealms.com/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This app may cause big headedness, total bad ***-ness and possibly start fights. Use your Duke responsibly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CTL Advance; 11/15/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    awesome! lol
    lol nice man, I GOT BALLS OF STEEL!
    This app is awesome but it seems buggy; every time I play a sound the Pre gets slower until it's nearly unusable; I have to throw away the card to get performance back.

From watching "top" while this is going on, "pulseaudio" and "mediaserver" start using CPU continuously, more CPU with every sound sample. Maybe you're keeping the audio stream open or something?
    Now all we need is a "Shadow Warrior" soundboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    As we wait for Duke Nukem Forever, we needed some Duke on our WebOS Device!

ENJOY!
    Sorry for my ignorance but im wondering what is this for? Can I use Duke's speach as ringtone or something?

Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Updated the main post, basically just a bad-*** soundboard based on Duke Nukem 3D.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Updated the main post, basically just a bad-*** soundboard based on Duke Nukem 3D.
    Still rocks
  9.    #9  
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I still play DUKE NUKEM 3D! There's a TON of addon maps, weapons...Come Get Some!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tominator View Post
    I still play DUKE NUKEM 3D! There's a TON of addon maps, weapons...Come Get Some!
    And with the High definition pack it rock even more \m/
    this makes me too anxious, I want REAL games on my pre! I want the nes rom to be finished, I want to play wolfenstein, I want to play duke freakin nukem! Lol
    Sounds cool, but what's about the (possible) bug, zorinlynx mentioned? Anybody else has this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    This app is awesome but it seems buggy; every time I play a sound the Pre gets slower until it's nearly unusable; I have to throw away the card to get performance back.

From watching "top" while this is going on, "pulseaudio" and "mediaserver" start using CPU continuously, more CPU with every sound sample. Maybe you're keeping the audio stream open or something?
    My Pre is encountering the same problem.... it gets more and more unresponsive as you use the soundboard and seems to bog the system down, even after closing the app.
  15.    #15  
    Were looking into it, and hope to push an update soon.
  16.    #16  
    We pushed an update that may or may not work better. Let me know if this app still slows down your device. All of the pieces are there so I am not sure what might be causing an issue.
    Still happens. After 4 or 5 plays, the Pre feels like a dog. Swiping away the card fixes it.

Wondering if this is a WebOS bug. Is anyone NOT having this problem?
  18.    #18  
    We kill the audio player after the sound is finished. I am not sure what might be causing it to slow down. I havent seen a problem with the soundboards we made prior to 1.3.1 so not sure.

Like Zorin asked, anyone else having an issue with this?
    does this soundboard app exist? I still haven't seen it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    does this soundboard app exist? I still haven't seen it
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but are you looking for this: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...kem-soundboard ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast