Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday i wrote an little app which helps you to download files.
    Just add some to the queue and hit the download button or tap the file to download it manually. After downloading a file you can tap on it again to open it with it's default application.

    Written in ~2h
    Version: 0.1.2
    Download: Hit me! (also in the app catalog, but not yet)

    greez
    TheRealLink
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #2  
    tnx it works
  3. #3  
    Does it allow you to select which folder your download goes to?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    currently no, all downloads goes to the downloads folder on the usb media partition, but in the next version you can do that global or for a single download.

    (another feature is planed: batch downloading by pattern)
  5. #5  
    Have you looked at Frizzle? Was thinking of trying it but haven't yet. How does your app compare to that one?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #6  
    well, i dont know this app before, looked at it and close it ^^, i think that my app is to download files easy and fast, without any uneccessary information and with a nice layout. and its free :P
  7. #7  
    Sounds good, will probably give your app a try when I get the chance.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  8.    #8  
    well, there are some more thing planed like: youtube video download (and other sites as well), batch downloading (as announced), maybe also rapidshare and other file hosts. we'll see some of them will go to the premium version of this app
  9.    #9  
    Updated to v0.2.0

    Download Here: http://upload.crystal-dev.de/files/d..._0.2.0_all.ipk

    Changelog:
    [Add]
    - Youtube Video Download
    - Download-Speed
    - URL Check
    - Send via E-Mail

    [Update]
    - Download Obj
  10. #10  
    You see some of the reviews people are leaving who simply don't understand how to use the app or what it does?

    Tried your app, and found it works fine for me. Much better than Filecoaster.

    Haven't tried the other guy's app yet, but probably will look at it to compare since it's in Preware now.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #11  
    jeah, i read these "nice" things ^^ they don't read and thats why they wrote such a sh**.
    my other app "myConnection", well i think the app name says what it does, but there are some people that write that this is useless and they don't know what the app would do. stupid non sense.

    in the next version i make a build in "how to use this app". maybe with a video to show them how it works (for the one who doesn't want to read )

    Also plenty new plugins will be released with the next version, like rapidshare, batch download and some other file hoster support
  12.    #12  
    okay, v0.2.0 is published in the app catalog. Insert a youtube url and you can download the yt video!
  13. #13  
    I have a question, now are you able to download music files as well? for instance if I download a sound and it comes with a url online can I plug it into the download manager and will it download it into the music applications.
  14.    #14  
    well, yes, but it should also work in v0.1.2. simply copy and paste the url into the dl manager and hit the entry to start downloading. the downloads goes to the download folder but the music application should recognizing it
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    well, yes, but it should also work in v0.1.2. simply copy and paste the url into the dl manager and hit the entry to start downloading. the downloads goes to the download folder but the music application should recognizing it
    ok thank you and this is a great application, so far better then frizzle. Def if you can add support for rapidshare and megaupload it would be a huge success
  16.    #16  
    thank's currently i working on support for rapidshare. for premium member its no problem, but i can't get the waiting time for free users. well see.
  17. #17  
    question can you download ipk's using this program. Example lets say you went to a application on here, and copy the link will the file download to your phone.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    okay, v0.2.0 is published in the app catalog. Insert a youtube url and you can download the yt video!
    Not able to get this to work - downloads as a .flv file which cannot play on the Pre.

    I can get the MP4 from that patch which allows download from Youtube...
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    question can you download ipk's using this program. Example lets say you went to a application on here, and copy the link will the file download to your phone.
    download yes, install or start no (well if you have internalz installed then yes too).

    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Not able to get this to work - downloads as a .flv file which cannot play on the Pre.

    I can get the MP4 from that patch which allows download from Youtube...
    well, the patch gets the full link of its application itself. i use the youtube website to fetch the file location, maybe i will update this.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    Yesterday i wrote an little app which helps you to download files.
    Just add some to the queue and hit the download button or tap the file to download it manually. After downloading a file you can tap on it again to open it with it's default application.

    greez
    TheRealLink
    Have you though about adapting your Download Manager to mass-download images? Where a user can set a website into the downloader and all of the set types of image files will be downloaded. I download images a lot through my pre. One, because I have a faster data connection with Sprint, then I have with AT&T at home. Two, I use and change the images almost daily as wallpaper. So is that even possible?

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions