webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Chinchilla Tech > Official MOLO Photo Filters Thread
Official MOLO Photo Filters Thread

Old 11/23/2010, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The place for questions, requests and suggestions regarding MOLO Photo Filters.
Old 11/23/2010, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I really like the Molo Filter in the free version. Before I pay money for the Pro version I would like to know what other filters there are and maybe see some examples. Thanks.
starsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2010, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm glad you like the filters. I've put together a slideshow that shows off all the filters currently available on our website: Chinchilla Tech

The current filters available in the Pro version are: scuffed, mars, blues, julee, dazed, rockstar and MOLO.
Old 11/24/2010, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Molo + Mars + scuffed makes really nice old looking photos :-))

Last edited by starsailor; 11/24/2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11/30/2010, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thanks for your support.

Just thought you'd like to know we added new filters last night. You can go to the app menu in the top left and tap 'check for new filters' to get them.

In the future we'll be adding an in-app notification to let users know when new filters are available.
Old 12/01/2010, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

great great I love the new filters xpro and leaky, especially combined with scuffed and Molo. I love this app ♥

to people who are thinking about buying: check out my try outs at Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sentacs/
Old 12/02/2010, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

got a little problem. Since the last update of both the free and the Pro version both icons are gone in my app list. There is only an empty box now instead of an icon.

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
Old 12/02/2010, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

This app is excellent. Very good work. Thx
palmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

starsailor,

Could you try restarting your phone and see if that fixes the issue? There was a new icon added in the last update that may be causing the issue.
If that doesn't work you may have to download the app again from the catalog.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please let me know if that works.
Old 12/02/2010, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh yes. Restart helped :-) icons are back. Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
Old 12/05/2010, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Does this app support cross-app launching? I would like to see a patch to send photo from Photos app to MOLO. Would be very cool.

Like Jason Robitaille did here: http://forums.precentral.net/2549576-post10.html

Any chance?
Old 12/06/2010, 07:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm not too up to speed with patching, but I won't rule it out. Currently we're focusing on adding more features to the app and once we get those rolled out I'll take a look at the effort to make the cross launching possible.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12/06/2010, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mando511 View Post
I'm not too up to speed with patching, but I won't rule it out. Currently we're focusing on adding more features to the app and once we get those rolled out I'll take a look at the effort to make the cross launching possible.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Cool. If you add cross app launching to your app, I'll bet someone here can do the Photos patch.
Old 12/21/2010, 05:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The latest update for MOLO Photo Filters has been submitted to Palm.

The new update brings twitpic sharing and one extra filter to the Lite version. The Pro version will be getting four new filters: instant, 35, ginger, and mono. In addition to twitpic sharing, the pro version will also have flickr sharing.

The update will also fix a bug in both versions that would cause the user interface to slow down at times.

If you are updating instead of doing a fresh install, make sure to select 'Check for New Filters' from the app menu to get all the new filters.

As always, thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the new update.
Old 12/23/2010, 07:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

2 questions:

1) Are you on Twitter?
2) I like the border effects. Would you consider any of the following border ideas:
  • Black border with a pipe border like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/10792001@N05/5282113983
  • White border with shadow effect
  • Black border with torn effect

Love this app!
Old 12/23/2010, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

1) Yes, @mando511 or @chinchillatech depending on if you want to know what i had for lunch or not
2) We're currently working on some new borders and we'll definitely take those ideas into consideration.

Thanks!
Old 12/24/2010, 02:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm glad to see you are still updating with new filters and borders. I look forward to seeing what else you add. If you don't mind I'd like to offer up a suggestion.

To be honest, I've got severe Android envy because of one app: FX Camera. My wife has it on her Evo and it's awesome. It has several cross processing filters (red, green, blue), in its "toy cam" mode and a nice Polaroid modeIt's got other modes but I'm not interested in those so much.

The main thing I like are the cross processing filters in the Toy Cam mode. They can't be beat. I know MOLO has the XPro filter which is nice but I'd like to see additional filters using the other color channels.

Here's a vid of the app in action: YouTube - FX Camera App On The Google Android HTC Desire Phone

Hope you can incorporate some of those features in MOLO. Thanks for the continued support!
sweet greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2011, 03:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

We've added 5 new filters: washed, bleach bypass, normalize, three & redscale.

We've also added 3 new borders: photo, grunge, & decay.

You can get them by opening the app menu in the top left and selecting 'Check For New Filters'. Enjoy!
Old 03/01/2011, 03:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Great app! My only request is I'd like an option to have the original photo loaded stay the one that gets edited rather than defaulting to the edited one you just made. Currently, it seems that if I want to try out all of the filters you have on a single photo, I have to go back and re-choose my original everytime after I make a new one unless I want 2 filters mixed together off my last creation. Maybe I'm missing something and this is possible to do already? I just want to apply another filter to the original photo rather than to my last edited photo..
Volcom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2011, 10:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi volcom45,
I'm glad you like the app! To continue editing the same photo instead of the already edited photo, simply choose a different filter and use the 'apply filter' button instead of the 'refilter' button.

The apply filter button edits the photo on the left and the refilter button edits the photo on the right, if that makes it clearer.

Hope that helps and thanks for downloading the app!

Tags
molo photo filters

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0