webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > [Enyo2 Library] Project webOSExt
[Enyo2 Library] Project webOSExt
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Jason Robitaille

Old 04/10/2012, 06:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

Over the last few weeks I've been playing around with Enyo2, having a lot of fun. I've already released 2 very handy opensource Enyo2 components, XmlpRequest and YqlpRequest.

Now, I've started work on a collection on components I've dubbed Project webOSExt. The goal is to bring those webOS-specific API and components from Mojo/Enyo1 together for Enyo2 usage, without the need for a 3rd party tool like PhoneGap.

A few hours ago the initial version of the library was released on the Enyo Community Gallery. The library is far from finished and is a work-in-progress, but I'm definitely optimistic.

This is all being done as opensource available at https://github.com/JayCanuck/Enyo-2-...ster/webos-ext. I've also got a sample IPK app made to demonstrate some of its usage available here.

Oh, and I'm actively looking for anyone who may be willing to write proper documentation of the library's API to make things simpler for developers wanting to use it.

Current features:
  • Calls the PalmSystem.stageReady(), so you don't have to
  • Card activate/deactivate functions
  • Launch parameter retrieval
  • DeviceInfo and LocaleInfo functions
  • App identifier function (return appID and process #)
  • Screen orientation and fullscreen functions
  • Limited virtual keyboard functions
  • Banner notifications
  • TextIndexer
  • Palm service request support (including subscription services)

Todo:
  • Improved virtual keyboard support (resize window properly, scroll to input field)
  • ApplicationEvents component
  • AppMenu component
  • Hybrid apps
  • Webview component
  • ...etc.

Release History
=============
v0.0.1 - April 9, 2012
- Initial release

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/10/2012 at 07:19 AM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Buddy1969, HelloNNNewman, pitsop and 3 others like this.
Old 04/21/2012, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Oh man, good job. I'm looking forward to your webview component!
our1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2012, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

edit: I just used phonegap to wrap the application once and figure out how to wrap it without phonegap
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a silly question, how do you wrap your enyo2 script to a webos ipk package? I'd like to try some list example on my phone, but haven't found a way to package it.

Last edited by our1944; 04/28/2012 at 04:42 AM.
our1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by our1944 View Post
Oh man, good job. I'm looking forward to your webview component!
me too,and Hybrid apps!

enyo Hybrid apps does not work on webos<2.2, will this solve this problem?
vorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

vorber, I believe there's a page on the webOS internals wiki, by PuffTheMagic, about getting (some) Hybrids to work on 2.1 with Enyo 1. Officially, apps with plugins are only supported on 2.1+, although there are ways of making them work elsewhere, I've heard, I try to stick to things that are catalog compatible.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2012, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
vorber, I believe there's a page on the webOS internals wiki, by PuffTheMagic, about getting (some) Hybrids to work on 2.1 with Enyo 1. Officially, apps with plugins are only supported on 2.1+, although there are ways of making them work elsewhere, I've heard, I try to stick to things that are catalog compatible.
can't find it ,although irc logs mentioned about it,no more helpfull detail.
vorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2012, 04:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

I try to use webOSExt with the Enyo 2.0 Release on Pre3.
I'm just using the bootplate in Enyo 2.0 pacakge.

But I got the error message "Object #<an object> has no method 'relaunch'" when I try run the ipk on my Pre3.

I read the sample ipk you provide. Still cannot figure out the cause.

Can you help?
Old 07/25/2012, 04:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I also get a similar error whenever I launch a Enyo 2 app on my Pre 3, although the app runs fine. There's definitely something weird going on, but I have no idea how it could give an error like it does, and continue to operate, since the error implies that my app doesn't exist, or at least it doesn't know how to make it exist.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Is this still active? 9 month is kind of old, but perhaps someone wants to add SYM-key support for phones:
[Patch request]enable SYM key in enyo on webOS <3.x
Old 01/13/2013, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Is this still active? 9 month is kind of old, but perhaps someone wants to add SYM-key support for phones:
[Patch request]enable SYM key in enyo on webOS <3.x
Still active, yep, and community-driven opensource. I plan on adding SymKey support it to an upcoming build

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0