Over the last few weeks I've been playing around with Enyo2, having a lot of fun. I've already released 2 very handy opensource Enyo2 components, XmlpRequest and YqlpRequest.
Now, I've started work on a collection on components I've dubbed Project webOSExt. The goal is to bring those webOS-specific API and components from Mojo/Enyo1 together for Enyo2 usage, without the need for a 3rd party tool like PhoneGap.
A few hours ago the initial version of the library was released on the Enyo Community Gallery. The library is far from finished and is a work-in-progress, but I'm definitely optimistic.
This is all being done as opensource available at https://github.com/JayCanuck/Enyo-2-...ster/webos-ext. I've also got a sample IPK app made to demonstrate some of its usage available here.
Oh, and I'm actively looking for anyone who may be willing to write proper documentation of the library's API to make things simpler for developers wanting to use it.
- Calls the PalmSystem.stageReady(), so you don't have to
- Card activate/deactivate functions
- Launch parameter retrieval
- DeviceInfo and LocaleInfo functions
- App identifier function (return appID and process #)
- Screen orientation and fullscreen functions
- Limited virtual keyboard functions
- Banner notifications
- Palm service request support (including subscription services)
- Improved virtual keyboard support (resize window properly, scroll to input field)
- ApplicationEvents component
- AppMenu component
- Hybrid apps
- Webview component
v0.0.1 - April 9, 2012
- Initial release