1.    #1  
    Wanted to show a device name on my HP TouchPad (webOS 3.0.5) when connected to a network. Had to edit the file "dhclient.conf" in the path of /etc/dhcp/

In order for this file to be applied it needs to go back into read-only mode.

Watched the YouTube video on a phone version of Internalz Pro, but these do not appear in the TouchPad version 1.5.0 of Internalz Pro.

Wanted to find out how to set the dhclient.conf to read-only mode after editing to display a host name. Info options on webOS 3.0.5 shows the size, path, under Attributes is a long button called Linux Permissions, followed by the last modified date.

Linux Permissions offers only the options to all the User / Group / Other to Read, Write, and Delete.

There is nothing that allows a file to be masked, hidden, or set (reset) to read only. So how do I reset it back to "read only"?
    command line I would guess
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    command line I would guess
    Don't see an Command Line option in Internal Proz 1.5.0 or would have tried mount -o remount,ro /

Don't see anywhere to invoke a Command Line on this tablet. Must be some elusive creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelkos View Post
    Don't see an Command Line option in Internal Proz 1.5.0 or would have tried mount -o remount,ro /

Don't see anywhere to invoke a Command Line on this tablet. Must be some elusive creature.
    The answer is probably on WebOS Internals

maybe here Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by johncc; 03/23/2012 at 10:39 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Did try emailing for support on Internalz Pro but the email bounced back as a bad email address.

So in search of the elusive Command Prompt. Not overly familiar with Linux and editing, though with the webOS 3.0.5 the NovaCom driver from Windows 7 stopped functioning. Have developer mode enabled, reinstalled the NovaCom drivers several times, nothing.

Only wanted to edit the network device name so it would appear on the network with a device name and not just "Palm" with a MAC address.

Kindle Fire was much easier to edit, took less than five minutes.