webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Muffled System Logging issue
Muffled System Logging issue

Old 11/18/2011, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jason - Preware says this is one of yours.

currently' its throwing an error when I try to update it, and one when I try to just uninstall it. Any suggestions?
Weidbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2011, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
cgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
Jason - Preware says this is one of yours.

currently' its throwing an error when I try to update it, and one when I try to just uninstall it. Any suggestions?
Had the same problem.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2011, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

i had to run EPR to fix it in the end, seems it didnt like the cross over from 3.0.2, then updating to the 3.0.4 version.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2011, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

the only thing you can do is try running epr and then try to install the new version . If that does not work you may have to doctor to get rid of the older version . I had to doctor to get rid of it . Then I loaded up the new version.
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2011, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
cgk

EPR?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2011, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

load up preware and search for "emergency" a handful+ of handy apps show up, one will be the "Emergency Patch Recovery".
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2011, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

This is what I had to do too. You'll have to re-install all your preware patches afterwards, but it's pretty harmless otherwise.
johnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2011, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbob View Post
This is what I had to do too. You'll have to re-install all your preware patches afterwards, but it's pretty harmless otherwise.
Oops...I forgot to subscribe to my own thread, and just thought no one responded.

Thanks for the feed back...just a few questions:

-You say that i need to reinstall preware patches. Does that mean for everything in preware? If so, it it an automatic thing, or will I have to actually reinstall everything?

-Might be connected to the above, but when I checked out the program, it gave me a warning to only run it right before or right after a system update. Does that mean I should wait until the next big update to run it, or is that just a warning about my first question?

Thanks again!
Weidbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2012, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Whenever I got problem updating some of the patches, I would run the EPR (Emergent Patch Recovery) after I updated the 'Saved Package List' within the Preware. Once I ran the EPR, the systems will reboot (if I am not mistaken). I will reinstall all the patches by using the 'Install All' option in the 'Saved Package List' within Preware.

I hope this help to resolve your issue.

Good Luck.
qlearner is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0