Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Hi,

I posted this in the official discussion thread but it seems to have gotten lost amongst various other issues so hope this is the right place to post it.

I've got a Pre 3 and a Veer and have downloaded WOSQI guide which worked great for the Pre 3. But I can't get WOSQI to recognise the Veer. Dev mode on, cable plugged in, charging fine but WOSQI says no devices connected. When I plug the Pre 3 in at the same time it finds that but not the Veer. Reinstalled Novacom, restarted Veer, nothing works. Actually this afternoon did an Erase Apps and Data and it's only had the 2.1.2 update and Bing maps since then.

Clues?? Or is there some other way to get it on the Veer?

Someone did suggest restarting the device, but obviously I've already tried this!

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    did you try restarting the veer while it's connected to the pc via USB?
    Not to try & suggest the obvious but devmode in on right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Weird, yes it was in dev mode and everything, nothing helped... but now it works. What was different? Nothing AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Got$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $downloading$ $preware$ $and$ $then$ $it$ $baulked$, $error$: $unable$ $to$ $download$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware_1$.$8$.$5$... $fifteen$ $minutes$ $later$ $it$ $worked$. $Maybe$ $the$ $solution$ $to$ $unknown$ $problems$ $is$ $to$ ... $er$.... $try$ $tomorrow$?

Thanks all for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Hi,

I posted this in the official discussion thread but it seems to have gotten lost amongst various other issues so hope this is the right place to post it.

I've got a Pre 3 and a Veer and have downloaded WOSQI guide which worked great for the Pre 3. But I can't get WOSQI to recognise the Veer. Dev mode on, cable plugged in, charging fine but WOSQI says no devices connected. When I plug the Pre 3 in at the same time it finds that but not the Veer. Reinstalled Novacom, restarted Veer, nothing works. Actually this afternoon did an Erase Apps and Data and it's only had the 2.1.2 update and Bing maps since then.

Clues?? Or is there some other way to get it on the Veer?

Someone did suggest restarting the device, but obviously I've already tried this!

Thanks,
    Greg
    I have exactly the same problem, and I also posted about it some time ago. Unfortunately, mine has not "suddenly worked" like yours did. The laptop I am using (lenovo X200s Win7 32bit) has WOSQI, Novocom etc for my Pre-, so I was thinking of uninstalling all of that and trying with a clean slate. Another possibility is that my Veer never says it needs to reboot when I put it in Dev mode. Makes me wonder if it really is in Dev mode? And given yesterday's events at HP, I need to figure this out PDQ...please help!!
    Hey gregp, and anybody else... I'm trying to get Quick Install on my Veer with no luck. The dialog box says there are no devices connected and all I can do is get cancelled out. If you've followed this thread you've heard it all before.

I'm open to the possibility that I've made some stupid mistake so fire away...

Also the message on my device says "Your device is in Developer Mode. You may use Palm Mojo SDK tools to connect to the device." I thought that Mojo SDK was for v.3 for the Touchpad. What's this message doing on a Veer?
    restarting with it plugged in worked for me
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Yep I stumbled across this as the solution too. There are two USB devices that need to be running for the device to be recognised by WOSQI - USB mass storage device and Palm Novacom. Initial connection of Veer showed it had installed new hardware properly but then I restarted the Veer while plugged into the USB connection (and with developer mode enabled for good measure) and the install for Palm Novacom popped up. Once this was done it showed up in WOSQI. Has worked twice for me now.