11/17/2011, 08:00 AM
Reposted from here, as I figured a dedicated thread would probably be more handy.
Here's the basic template so anyone can make an ipk file for any keyboard layout:
- Download the attached ipk template zip and extract it anywhere you want.
- Download your desired theme layout from this thread.
- Extract the layout's .json file and put it into your template's extracted "keypatch" folder.
- Open the "postinst" file in any text editor you want. Edit the last line to replace "qwertyarrows.json" with whatever your layout json's filename is.
- Download and run Ipk Packager
- Click the "..." button next to Folder textbox. Then navigate to and select the "keypatch" folder.
- Put this in the "Destination on device" textbox:
- Now all you need to do is click the "Create IPK File" button and you'll have your ipk, which you can install with WOSQI (with the same details/restrictions as I stated in my earlier release post of the qwerty layout ipk)
Installation may take approx 10minutes to complete. Go relax, watch some tv or read a book. Don't worry that it takes a while to install. Just please don't force-kill WOSQI because you're impatient; that will do more harm than good.
As this stops/starts and edits LunaSysMgr during installation/uninstallation, I recommend that you install/uninstall the .ipk with WOSQI, not Internalz Pro or Preware (as webOS apps get killed when LunaSysMgr stops).
Lastly, you must also uninstall the keyboard mod before any OTA webOS update.