Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    Reposted from here, as I figured a dedicated thread would probably be more handy.

Here's the basic template so anyone can make an ipk file for any keyboard layout:
    1. Download the attached ipk template zip and extract it anywhere you want.
    2. Download your desired theme layout from this thread.
    3. Extract the layout's .json file and put it into your template's extracted "keypatch" folder.
    4. Open the "postinst" file in any text editor you want. Edit the last line to replace "qwertyarrows.json" with whatever your layout json's filename is.
    5. Download and run Ipk Packager
    6. Click the "..." button next to Folder textbox. Then navigate to and select the "keypatch" folder.
    7. Put this in the "Destination on device" textbox:
      Code:
      usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.keyboard-layout-mod
    8. Now all you need to do is click the "Create IPK File" button and you'll have your ipk, which you can install with WOSQI (with the same details/restrictions as I stated in my earlier release post of the qwerty layout ipk)

Installation may take approx 10minutes to complete. Go relax, watch some tv or read a book. Don't worry that it takes a while to install. Just please don't force-kill WOSQI because you're impatient; that will do more harm than good.

As this stops/starts and edits LunaSysMgr during installation/uninstallation, I recommend that you install/uninstall the .ipk with WOSQI, not Internalz Pro or Preware (as webOS apps get killed when LunaSysMgr stops).

Lastly, you must also uninstall the keyboard mod before any OTA webOS update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Rnp and antijingoist like this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am doing some modding through android and would like to pull the stock keyboard and convert to apk, can you help? I'm thinking I mainly need the keyboard file and I should be able to convert it with a tool within android.

Thank you
    er then u wanna go ask the android guru's on the android forum tbh
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    er then u wanna go ask the android guru's on the android forum tbh
    Well really all I need is the keyboard IPK file
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomween1 View Post
    Well really all I need is the keyboard IPK file
    just download the keypatch.zip, unzip into keypatch folder on touchpad (make a folder first), go to novaterm or tools/linux commandline on the webosquickinstall jar., type

cd /media/internal/keypatch

then

sh patch.sh generate

worked for me.

* i know its late but someone might still be searching for a way so...
    not updated for 3.0.5. I've attached a new template which I made from the previous template.

NOTE: i used this for my own mod so the json's filename is different. Other than that, just follow the instructions from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Reposted from here, as I figured a dedicated thread would probably be more handy.

Here's the basic template so anyone can make an ipk file for any keyboard layout:
    1. Download the attached ipk template zip and extract it anywhere you want.
    2. Download your desired theme layout from this thread.
    3. Extract the layout's .json file and put it into your template's extracted "keypatch" folder.
    4. Open the "postinst" file in any text editor you want. Edit the last line to replace "qwertyarrows.json" with whatever your layout json's filename is.
    5. Download and run Ipk Packager
    6. Click the "..." button next to Folder textbox. Then navigate to and select the "keypatch" folder.
    7. Put this in the "Destination on device" textbox:
      Code:
      usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.keyboard-layout-mod
    8. Now all you need to do is click the "Create IPK File" button and you'll have your ipk, which you can install with WOSQI (with the same details/restrictions as I stated in my earlier release post of the qwerty layout ipk)

Installation may take approx 10minutes to complete. Go relax, watch some tv or read a book. Don't worry that it takes a while to install. Just please don't force-kill WOSQI because you're impatient; that will do more harm than good.

As this stops/starts and edits LunaSysMgr during installation/uninstallation, I recommend that you install/uninstall the .ipk with WOSQI, not Internalz Pro or Preware (as webOS apps get killed when LunaSysMgr stops).

Lastly, you must also uninstall the keyboard mod before any OTA webOS update.
    Attached Files Attached Files