webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Nothing showing up in webOS Quick Install except themes
Nothing showing up in webOS Quick Install except themes
Like Tree2Likes

Old 10/12/2011, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was having an issue in Preware on my TP, it would not display any available packages, so I had uninstalled it and was going to reinstall from Quick Installer.

Ran webOS Quick Install, clicked on the globe icon, but the installer is showing "No packages found" for all tabs except Themes. So I can't re-install Preware (or anything) from Quick isntaller.

Trying to find out if this this a just-me issue, or if there is a general issue going on with this.
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

<moved thread>
Old 10/12/2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legend

sounds like your computer is unable to access the Index of /feeds/ package feeds. Possibly a firewall or something, I dunno

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm getting the same "error" as well... and I can browse to the feeds just fine.
mrbell321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

looks like multiple people are have issues with the preware.org feeds in Preware too, might just be a server issue. try waiting a few hours and try again

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 10/12/2011, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Having the same problem. Preware errors out when I invoke it from my TP.

Guess they are having server problems.
kjhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses, glad to know it's not just me, likely server issue, then.
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

same. Was gonna reinstall but I guess I'll wait...
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

same thing happening to me too...
slimserv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm getting the same sort of error - starts with:

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1
Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optwar...kages.gz,wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

Previous line repeated for several subdirectorys of 'feeds'

I've received the same message at work and home (with no firewall issues) on my TP and Pre+

Howard
hrhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 10:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
I'm getting the same sort of error - starts with:

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1
Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optwar...kages.gz,wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

Previous line repeated for several subdirectorys of 'feeds'

I've received the same message at work and home (with no firewall issues) on my TP and Pre+

Howard
That's Preware errors. I'm in no way connected to the development of the Preware app. You'll want to contact WebOS-Internals about that.

That goes for the rest of you who aren't able to access the http://ipkg.preware.org feeds; contact WebOS-Internals as they manage the feeds. There's literally nothing on my end that would change that situation.

Thanked By: hrhoades
Old 11/05/2011, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am having the same problem on my PC. Running Windows 7, installed 4.3.1. Anyone figure out the problem? When I click the globe, it goes through parsing all the feeds on the screen. Nothing shows up in any tab other than Preware though. Darn I'm frustrated!

UPDATE: I downloaded the Preware.ipk and installed it through QuickInstall. Preware can't find anything either.

PRE MINUS: Had Preware installed for years on Pre Minus and it finds no feeds either!! BOLLOCKS!!

FIXED: Remove all feeds and add back one by one. Yet another dead feed problem.

Last edited by Bob-C; 11/06/2011 at 11:58 PM.
Bob-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2011, 04:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Same problem on Palm Pre 2 and Windoes 7
- Reinstalled phone with WebOS Doctor
- reinstalled Novacom driver on PC
- Installed Preware manually and no problem working from the phone with wi-fi
- Running webos quick install I only see Themes and Linux Apps

What can I do?

Thanks very much
Stefano
stefbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

I had same problem on my Vista laptop - 'no package found' only themes had content. I think it's a Vista/Windows 7 problem as I installed webos quick install on my old Windows XP pc and everything was fine (except patches but I've just updated my touchpad to 3.0.5 so guessing that's why). Good old Vista!
k9world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hey guys i was just reading this and was having the same problem. When i installed WebOS quick install i didn't save it to my computer and i think that was my problem. So i reinstalled it and saved it to my computer and now i am not having the problem anymore. Hope this helps
Chelley93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2012, 06:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Hey all..I have windows 7 64bit
i have been reading forums deleting files reloading files
i paid .99cents for the homebrew guide..
i have done everything in my power (i think )

i cannt get anything but themes to Load up!!in Webosquickinstall.jar???
i have saved it to my computer uninstalled it reinstalled..
my TP just offer USB and close
i choose CLOSE!!!
followed alot of forums ideas and cannot work this one out!!

its quite frustrating
please someone help!!!
PLEASE

Thanks so much Daneish86
daneish86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2014, 01:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
I was having an issue in Preware on my TP, it would not display any available packages, so I had uninstalled it and was going to reinstall from Quick Installer.

Ran webOS Quick Install, clicked on the globe icon, but the installer is showing "No packages found" for all tabs except Themes. So I can't re-install Preware (or anything) from Quick isntaller.

Trying to find out if this this a just-me issue, or if there is a general issue going on with this.
Did your problem ever got solved? Because I have the same problem and I can't get a solution.
schwartz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2014, 01:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz51 View Post
Did your problem ever got solved? Because I have the same problem and I can't get a solution.
most likely not the same problem.

wosqi needs an update due to the recent change of the Preware domain from dot org to dot net.

there's a manual work around described if you check the thread discussing the Preware issue.

i'm hoping a fix for wosqi is soon released to address it.

in the meantime, you can still download ipk's to your pc and install them with INTERNALZ PRO, IF that is installed on your device. you just can't pull them in wosqi from the feeds right now.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2014, 10:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
most likely not the same problem.

wosqi needs an update due to the recent change of the Preware domain from dot org to dot net.

there's a manual work around described if you check the thread discussing the Preware issue.

i'm hoping a fix for wosqi is soon released to address it.

in the meantime, you can still download ipk's to your pc and install them with INTERNALZ PRO, IF that is installed on your device. you just can't pull them in wosqi from the feeds right now.
A link that that thread would have been useful.. there's kinda a lot of those sort of thread...
Old 09/10/2014, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
A link that that thread would have been useful.. there's kinda a lot of those sort of thread...
Sorry, it's a sticky thread at the top of the section, titled Preware, that had current entries from Rod W himself.. I figured you would check that one first.

Since you commented there, glad to see you got it resolved.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0