Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was having an issue in Preware on my TP, it would not display any available packages, so I had uninstalled it and was going to reinstall from Quick Installer.

    Ran webOS Quick Install, clicked on the globe icon, but the installer is showing "No packages found" for all tabs except Themes. So I can't re-install Preware (or anything) from Quick isntaller.

    Trying to find out if this this a just-me issue, or if there is a general issue going on with this.
  2. #2  
    <moved thread>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. #3  
    sounds like your computer is unable to access the Index of /feeds/ package feeds. Possibly a firewall or something, I dunno
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #4  
    I'm getting the same "error" as well... and I can browse to the feeds just fine.
  5. #5  
    looks like multiple people are have issues with the preware.org feeds in Preware too, might just be a server issue. try waiting a few hours and try again
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #6  
    Having the same problem. Preware errors out when I invoke it from my TP.

    Guess they are having server problems.
  7. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #7  
    Thanks for the responses, glad to know it's not just me, likely server issue, then.
  8. nemo's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #8  
    same. Was gonna reinstall but I guess I'll wait...
  9. #9  
    same thing happening to me too...
  10. #10  
    I'm getting the same sort of error - starts with:

    Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optwar...kages.gz,wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

    Previous line repeated for several subdirectorys of 'feeds'

    I've received the same message at work and home (with no firewall issues) on my TP and Pre+

    Howard
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    I'm getting the same sort of error - starts with:

    Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optwar...kages.gz,wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

    Previous line repeated for several subdirectorys of 'feeds'

    I've received the same message at work and home (with no firewall issues) on my TP and Pre+

    Howard
    That's Preware errors. I'm in no way connected to the development of the Preware app. You'll want to contact WebOS-Internals about that.

    That goes for the rest of you who aren't able to access the http://ipkg.preware.org feeds; contact WebOS-Internals as they manage the feeds. There's literally nothing on my end that would change that situation.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  12. #12  
    I am having the same problem on my PC. Running Windows 7, installed 4.3.1. Anyone figure out the problem? When I click the globe, it goes through parsing all the feeds on the screen. Nothing shows up in any tab other than Preware though. Darn I'm frustrated!


    UPDATE: I downloaded the Preware.ipk and installed it through QuickInstall. Preware can't find anything either.

    PRE MINUS: Had Preware installed for years on Pre Minus and it finds no feeds either!! BOLLOCKS!!

    FIXED: Remove all feeds and add back one by one. Yet another dead feed problem.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 11/06/2011 at 11:58 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  13. #13  
    Same problem on Palm Pre 2 and Windoes 7
    - Reinstalled phone with WebOS Doctor
    - reinstalled Novacom driver on PC
    - Installed Preware manually and no problem working from the phone with wi-fi
    - Running webos quick install I only see Themes and Linux Apps

    What can I do?

    Thanks very much
    Stefano
  14. #14  
    I had same problem on my Vista laptop - 'no package found' only themes had content. I think it's a Vista/Windows 7 problem as I installed webos quick install on my old Windows XP pc and everything was fine (except patches but I've just updated my touchpad to 3.0.5 so guessing that's why). Good old Vista!
  15. #15  
    Hey guys i was just reading this and was having the same problem. When i installed WebOS quick install i didn't save it to my computer and i think that was my problem. So i reinstalled it and saved it to my computer and now i am not having the problem anymore. Hope this helps
  16. #16  
    Hey all..I have windows 7 64bit
    i have been reading forums deleting files reloading files
    i paid .99cents for the homebrew guide..
    i have done everything in my power (i think )

    i cannt get anything but themes to Load up!!in Webosquickinstall.jar???
    i have saved it to my computer uninstalled it reinstalled..
    my TP just offer USB and close
    i choose CLOSE!!!
    followed alot of forums ideas and cannot work this one out!!

    its quite frustrating
    please someone help!!!
    PLEASE



    Thanks so much Daneish86
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    I was having an issue in Preware on my TP, it would not display any available packages, so I had uninstalled it and was going to reinstall from Quick Installer.

    Ran webOS Quick Install, clicked on the globe icon, but the installer is showing "No packages found" for all tabs except Themes. So I can't re-install Preware (or anything) from Quick isntaller.

    Trying to find out if this this a just-me issue, or if there is a general issue going on with this.
    Did your problem ever got solved? Because I have the same problem and I can't get a solution.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by schwartz51 View Post
    Did your problem ever got solved? Because I have the same problem and I can't get a solution.
    most likely not the same problem.

    wosqi needs an update due to the recent change of the Preware domain from dot org to dot net.

    there's a manual work around described if you check the thread discussing the Preware issue.

    i'm hoping a fix for wosqi is soon released to address it.

    in the meantime, you can still download ipk's to your pc and install them with INTERNALZ PRO, IF that is installed on your device. you just can't pull them in wosqi from the feeds right now.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    most likely not the same problem.

    wosqi needs an update due to the recent change of the Preware domain from dot org to dot net.

    there's a manual work around described if you check the thread discussing the Preware issue.

    i'm hoping a fix for wosqi is soon released to address it.

    in the meantime, you can still download ipk's to your pc and install them with INTERNALZ PRO, IF that is installed on your device. you just can't pull them in wosqi from the feeds right now.
    A link that that thread would have been useful.. there's kinda a lot of those sort of thread...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    A link that that thread would have been useful.. there's kinda a lot of those sort of thread...
    Sorry, it's a sticky thread at the top of the section, titled Preware, that had current entries from Rod W himself.. I figured you would check that one first.

    Since you commented there, glad to see you got it resolved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions