Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    I've been working on this for a while and today I finally finished and submitted it: WOSQI Homebrew Guide.

As its name would suggest, WOSQI Homebrew Guide is a step-by-step guide on installing and using WOSQI, complete with images and an interactive problem troubleshooter. Quie simply, this is everything you'll need to know to take those first steps into the homebrew community. I've also included special advanced topics, for those wanting to get more out of WOSQI beyond the basics.

It will be available for all webOS devices, from webOS 1.4.5 up to webOS 3.x. I'll be charging $0.99, with all proceeds going towards my continued homebrew development.

Here's a preview of the TouchPad layout

I'll be using this thread to keep you updated as it's released and as I release future updates.

EDIT: As of September 8th, this app is now available on the App Catalog at http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/08/2011 at 08:09 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    bubbahooska and gderoiste like this.
    well done, your first buyer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ... It will be available for all webOS devices, from webOS 1.4.5 up to webOS 3.x. I'll be charging $0.99, with all proceeds going towards my continued homebrew development. ... I'll be using this thread to keep you updated as it's released and as I release future updates.
    Jason, do you have an ETA for this to appear in the HP App Catalog? A few days? A few weeks?

Thank you.
    - Bubba
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Jason, do you have an ETA for this to appear in the HP App Catalog? A few days? A few weeks?

Thank you.
    That's all up to Palm. I submitted it 2 days ago and now we're just waiting on them to approve and publish it

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5.    #5  
    I'm happy to announce my app his been approved and is now available on the App Catalog!

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ng.wosqi.guide

To date, it's the most comprehensive documentation on WOSQI and how to use it A perfect starting point for those just now wanting to enter the homebrew community.

Jason,

Thanks for WOSQI app - downloaded. Hitting the "Feed viewer won't load" issue and followed the java approach through Command Prompt.

The log file generate is attached - please have a look.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by philipmartin; 09/09/2011 at 12:40 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by philipmartin View Post
    Jason,

Thanks for WOSQI app - downloaded. Hitting the "Feed viewer won't load" issue and followed the java approach through Command Prompt.

The log file generate is attached - please have a look.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Thanks for following the guide, it makes things easier. From looking at the logs, it seems to indicate the device loaded fine. However, it appears your computer has been unable to download the feeds, so you probably have a firewall, proxy, or router blocking the connection. Also, make sure you're using the current version of WOSQI (which at the time of this post, is v4.3.1)

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I purchased and installed your HomeBrew guide, thanks. I am a real newbie, so please be kind.
    I don't understand the difference between using your guide and PreWare? And where do homebrew apps show up in feeds?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmturbo View Post
    I purchased and installed your HomeBrew guide, thanks. I am a real newbie, so please be kind.
    I don't understand the difference between using your guide and PreWare? And where do homebrew apps show up in feeds?
    My guide is more comprehensive in scope of WOSQI, naturally, as I'm the dev of WOSQI, whereas WebOS-Internals are the devs of Preware. Both generally go hand-in-hand to form a full image of entering/participating in the homebrew world

I've been working on this for a while and today I finally finished and submitted it: WOSQI Homebrew Guide.

As its name would suggest, WOSQI Homebrew Guide is a step-by-step guide on installing and using WOSQI, complete with images and an interactive problem troubleshooter. Quie simply, this is everything you'll need to know to take those first steps into the homebrew community. I've also included special advanced topics, for those wanting to get more out of WOSQI beyond the basics.

It will be available for all webOS devices, from webOS 1.4.5 up to webOS 3.x. I'll be charging $0.99, with all proceeds going towards my continued homebrew development.
    hello,
    please let me know how to purchase your guide.
    Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by calf0409 View Post
    hello,
    please let me know how to purchase your guide.
    Thanks.
    it's on the App Catalog.

What sorts of guides and walkthroughs would you like in futures versions?

you are more dedicated than webos official devs!

Here's a preview of the TouchPad layout

Click to view quoted image

I'll be using this thread to keep you updated as it's released and as I release future updates.

EDIT: As of September 8th, this app is now available on the App Catalog at http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide
    But can we print it. Step-by-step instructions are not very useful without it.

JCT
    I tried to buy but App Catalog rejects credit card with billing address other than the US. I will donate though.

Thanks for all your support for Palm OS user, I love WOSQI (though novacom driver is causing me great problem connecting my Veer to my Macbook).

Keep it up, man!

Edit: donated. sorry for the low amount (it sums up big in my country).
    Last edited by bmthuat; 11/01/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Just paid for this guide on my HP Palm Pre-2 (latest OS installed along with latest App Catalog / root certificate). It fails to install - anyone know how to resolve or get a refund? Have also e-mailed Jason at Canuck Coding.

Update -

Managed to resolve this – even though I had updated the app catalog / cert – and I know it worked because all my other apps installed yesterdayhaving first failed due to the old cert (was setting up a new palm pre-2) – but for some reason the same problem happened today. The cert had reverted back to the old one (I checked that using Internalz Pro) – I’ve no idea how that could have happened!

So I re-installed the cert by reapplying the app catalog update (having first set the date back to 22nd July), checked the cert in Internalz Pro, and all is well again now (hope the new cert stays in place now).
    Last edited by apwood; 09/05/2013 at 03:29 AM.