Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    After opening WebOS Quick Install 4.2.3 and clicking the World Icon, I receive the following error:

Whether I connect my Pre or Touchpad, it starts out fine downloading feeds and this is the last one displayed just prior to the error:

Any thoughts on how to correct this?

In case it matters, I'm running WOQI on Windows XP. Never had any trouble in the past.

Edit: Added files as attachments since it doesn't appear the embedded images are working.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Did you ever get past this? I'm running into the same problem today. Were you behind a firewall when you tried this?
    I am also getting this and am behind a firewall, will try tonight from home.
    If you're behind a proxy and not setting it, or using an automatic configuration script to set it, then "Error: Feed Loading Failed" likely means "WOSQI can't get to the Internet".

Try directly setting the proxy server address and port in Internet Options LAN Settings or equivalent. Also check the Network Settings in the Java Control Panel as well.
    Hello,

I receive "Error Feed Loading Failed" for all feed except "Themes" and webOS quick install show only Themes tab

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Stefano
    I am having the same problem the previous post to mine. Loading feed error with Preware. I only get themes and the apps aren't available.

Could somebody please help!

Thanks in advance! .... -rsh
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natureabor View Post
    I am having the same problem the previous post to mine. Loading feed error with Preware. I only get themes and the apps aren't available.

Could somebody please help!

Thanks in advance! .... -rsh
    You're not alone. I believe that the feed is down since the update to the webos Nation site. I haven't along with several friends haven't been able to install anything off the precental feed. Today the feed not even showing is a new thing and I hope a sigh that the feed is being restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    You're not alone. I believe that the feed is down since the update to the webos Nation site. I haven't along with several friends haven't been able to install anything off the precental feed. Today the feed not even showing is a new thing and I hope a sigh that the feed is being restored.
    Maybe off topic, maybe not, not sure.....I recall when I had the pixi plus before, there was another feed like preware where you could download apps from my pixi before the screen cracked. I was able to download the webos installer on my pc, however, I could before do the app searching from my palm. Might someone have a link to that for my newly purchased pixi?

I know my webos on the palm is like default, new out of the box, is 1.XX version being what I have. I've searched the site, but found it much easier to find these download links, for my palm, about 3/4 year ago or so. I know this sounds exactly like 101.

Could somebody point me in the right direction for getting these updates, get me going? I'm unable to even get to the standard app catalog. Just says try later.

BTW, Spike, like your pic, Palm comparable to Iphone.
    Last edited by natureabor; 02/10/2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Anyone got a workaround to this? Without QI I can't even install Preware as the Preware ipk is nowhere to be found anymore
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Looks like preware.org is caught in domain name hell right now. I sent webosinternals a tweet about it.

It wouldn't do any good to install Preware anyway, because it is dependent on the same feeds.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/29/2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Yeah that's a problem. I need Tailor. Figures. Just when I decide to dual boot LuneOS on my afternoon off and Preware feeds are down. LOL. Can anyone PM with an online location for Tailor?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Looks like preware.org is caught in domain name hell right now. I sent webosinternals a tweet about it.
    Thanks, Matt, that's nice. I stumbled upon the same issue just today. Hopefully the preware feeds will not follow the path of the App Tuckerbox server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Looks like preware.org is caught in domain name hell right now. I sent webosinternals a tweet about it. ...
    Oh no, this doesn't look good, whois shows registrant as:
    Company: HSU (Hendrawati Afiatin)
    Address: JL markissa 17 Depok Jawa Barat 16512 Indonesia
    Oh no, I hope a squatter didn't get it because it lapsed. That would be awful.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    My registrant service auto-renews!

Is this a takeover or did the registration lapse?

EDIT: Can we use IP numbers temporarily? Bypass DNS. This was the case with prethemer I think. Am I correct in my assumption?

Of course, someone needs to post those numbers...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/29/2014 at 05:03 PM.
    nooo. Please. why? can be repaired? this worries me a lot! we can do ??

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Do we need to make a collection? Would that help? This really needs to be addressed.
    Preware.org has been the target of a newly expired domain take-over.

We are trying to get in contact with the new owner to get their demands.

It looks like the new owner does this quite often:

https://whoisology.com/email/archive...wati@gmail.com

We have registered preware.net as a backup, and have created a new version of Preware which will use that when it is set up.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mckelveyw View Post
    This really needs to be addressed.
    Well, quite! Nothing like a good pun to improve the mood! ;-)
    MikeN68 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast