Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    that says preware.org. It should say preware.net. Check you have successfully updated.
    I KNEW THAT!........(face turns red).

Thanks....
    What about the original topic, how do you install preware if webosinstall gives this error?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    What about the original topic, how do you install preware if webosinstall gives this error?
    there is already a fix for that.

http://pivotce.com/2014/08/31/tip-pr...eware-v1-9-13/

Enviado desde palm pre2 usando foros
    The updated WOSQI fails to find the following patches... AUSMT scripts, GNU patch, and Lsdiff. Is there a workaround?

EDIT: RESOLVED! Doh, just needed to perform a LUNA Restart.

Thanks to everyone who helped get preware back up and running. I will do just about anything to hold onto my WebOS device. I can't bear having to migrate to substandard mobile OS's.
    Last edited by mypalmpred; 09/02/2014 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Thanks. I managed to install Preware, but it just won't show any apps and patches available, so it's basically useless, I've tried restarting Luna but no luck. Anyone who managed to overcome this FEED LOADING ERROR wint webosQI? I just doctored my phone and that error is still there.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    You doctored your device? Which phone is it? Do have any details of the fault? When you open the 'Manage feeds' in Preware, are they configured to 'Preware.net'?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/04/2014 at 04:43 AM.
    Great, I restarted the phone and now Preware works ok it seems.
    Still, if anyone has a fix for QI as well give us a shout.
    I used the host file edit method from the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I used the host file edit method from the article.
    Right, sorry, I had read the preware bit and not the webosqi, very easy workaraound, it all works fine now thanks.
    Well, I installed the new preware and then screwed something up.... I restored my Save/Restore data for preware and that replaced some of the new feeds with the old ones and added some old feeds. So, I deleted the feeds, uninstalled preware, then reinstalled it again from WOSQI 4.5.1. Seems to be fixed. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Attached Images Attached Images
    So... I got this pre... and did what I always do...
    webosdocter, then devicetool, then quickinstall...
    Had to figure out the ipkg.preware.org HOSTS fix...
    but...

"Freetether" and "Enable Profile Creation - Activation Bypassed" are both MISSING...

Umm.... is there someplace I can get "Freetether" and "Enable Profile Creation - Activation Bypassed" IPK files?

-help?
    Hi Everybody!

It's three days until a certain anniversary!
    Preware.org woes: feeds/site down as domain slips away | pivotCE

As my poor old heart can't take any more webOS crises, I thought I'd pop up a friendly reminder.

Renewal time is as good a time to donate as any!
    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234