Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been posted... im like totally new here and to the webOS devveloper community but whenever i try installing an app using webOS quick install i get a error message saying " Invalid or Corrupt package " .. is this an error on my end ?

    I am running Windows XP , not quite sure what bit
    Palm Pre on the Bell network

    sorry again if this has already been posted im totally new here .
  2. #2  
    Ive been having the same problem. it does it for every ipk file i try to install.
  3. nodevel's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #3  
    Hello, if you're trying to install a local ipk file, check out whether it is not just an archive containing the ipk package itself, as that was reason of similar problems for me.
    Last edited by nodevel; 10/04/2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Original: just found a solution. You're using Chrome/Chromium as your browser, right? I found out that this browser downloads 'ipk' as 'zip', but renaming isn't enough - you need to unzip it first...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
    I just found a solution. You're using Chrome/Chromium as your browser, right? I found out that this browser downloads 'ipk' as 'zip', but renaming isn't enough - you need to unzip it first to get the installer...
    That doesn't really make sense. WOSQI uses its own download facilities, not Chrome, to get IPKs. And all IPKs I've downloaded with Chrome remains a .ipk. And no, IPKs are not ZIP files, they are archs.
  5. nodevel's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #5  
    Being a GNU/Linux user for a long time, I understand the concept of repositories, so I know where WOSQI is getting the installers from.
    I think that the previous poster (he's free to correct me) meant installing ipk's from third party sources, like local files (being an Arch user, I'd never say "I'm gonna install a tar.gz file" unless I meant installing from a local source).

    I have run into similar problems with Chromium before - few versions ago, it was renaming .ipk to .bin without asking, so I figured this was the problem - my fault, in this case, the reason of the files being .ipk.zip were probably restrictions of some filesharing sites, not allowing ipk's (just my 2 cents).

    I am well aware of the fact that ipk's are gzipped tar's, that wasn't the point of my post.

    Anyways, thanks for making me think twice - I'll edit the previous post accordingly.

Posting Permissions