Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Two thoughts for you:

1. Search capability would be great, as can be done remotely with WinSCP.
    2. Installation of Quickoffice prevents use of Internalz for viewing/editing .txt files. Don't know if it is Quickoffice, Internalz or webOS issue. Fix would be nice.
    Could you integrate also some kind of wifi or ftp support? for wireless file transfer from a pc
    requests

landscape support.

ability to delete files In default browser download location /media/internal/downloads/

integrated network file access.

thanks.
    A zip/rar exctractor please.....

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    A zip/rar exctractor please.....

Jason already has that in the works, it will be a separate app from my understanding, but will work with Internalz HD.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    still would like an old amiga classic filemanager look with menus in the middle, solves playing with long press/gestures/etc.

http://aadb.amiga.me/data/Filemaster.png
    http://www.classicamiga.com/images/s...master_2_0.png
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Features Request:
    Folder Refresh
    File Rename
    File Searching
    Close Button For Preference, Help, .... , So that no need to click menu and then close.
    Lovely little app, vital for TP owners. Thanks

Requests:

Landscape!
    Ability to order files according to 'Type'
    Ability to select multiple files within a certain folder
    Thumbnail image viewer

*just name your price!*

I'm currently trying to use the TP to download (via powered USB host hack) the small JPEG pictures that I shoot alongside my RAW files for times when I travel without a laptop and want to show images to people.

Sadly with over a thousand images on each 32GB card I currently have to move them blindly using Internalz Pro - one by one copy and paste!! I'd love the ability to be able to select all the small JPEG files and copy them all at once.

Many thanks, hope the development is going well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    So, as some may have noticed from my Twitter posts, I've now sent off ComicShelf HD for approval for the App Catalog.

Next up for my primary focus is Internalz HD. As this is a complete rewrite from Mojo, I'm designing this HD version from the ground-up for a large-screen device.

I don't wanna spoil too much, but there are a few details I'd like to share

I want 2 layouts you can toggle between: list layout and grid layouts. For grid layout, I'm thinking of having the rows in the format [name][size][type][last-modified-date]. As for grid layout, here's a quick previews of something I've been working on:
    Click to view quoted image

Both layouts will support selecting multiple files. And as you can tell from the image, selecting a file/folder in the grid layout will expand the name to full length so it's no truncated

However, I have 2 topics I'd really like people's input on.

First, I'm tempted to maybe have it so that if you tap an already-selected file/folder it'll turn into an editable text box for quick renaming, similar to Windows Explorer. I haven't investigated how to do it it yet, but it's something that should be fine implement. But do you think it'd be worth the extra time to add? Would it be too easy to accidentally edit filenames? Or should I leave it at only-selecting, and leave renaming for only in the Info screen?

Second is the folder-chooser for when you move/copy a file or folder. In Internalz, it's that tree-structure. However I'm unsure what would be best for Internalz HD. Maybe just a popup window with the old tree-structure? Or maybe a popup with a traversable list of folders to go though and choose? I have no idea what would be best given the TouchPad size and desire for an easy convenient solution that will be easy for users to repeatedly use
    For renaming have you thought about doing it like the way apps are moved or deleated in launcher? Long hold down, box forms, then either the word rename or a symbol for renaming in the corner, tap and go from there.
    For renaming have you thought about doing it like the way apps are moved or deleated in launcher? Long hold down, box forms around file to be renamed, then either the word rename or a symbol for renaming in the corner, tap and go from there.
    looks good to me
    Amiga skin, pleaaaaase !!!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    spud101 likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Nice you're picking up on Internalz HD again.

I don't have any personal preference for layout. As long as some of my main workflow is covered:

- Selecting a directory to copy/move (including complete contents)
    - Selecting multiple files to copy/move
    - Sorting dir listings on different characteristics (filename, date,...)
    Cash in hand and awaiting release! Just hope a zip/rar handler will follow shortly. :-)

<edit> I don't know if this is possible, but being able to define partitions and partition sizes would be very useful to me.

Last edited by Daughain; 10/15/2011 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    My initial thoughts when seeing the screenshot is that a folder with several similar named files or folders would look rather confusing as to which is the one I’d be after. There could be a lot of hit and miss tapping to find it.

Perhaps that could be made into a game where one file is a copy of another and we need to find it with as few taps as possible. 8o)

Regarding the tap to rename thing, I’m not very biased on what would work best at this point but I’m very clear that the explorer way do not work well for many “regular” people.
    After teaching for years I’ve seen so many people ending in the rename folder/file mode without having a clue why and how to deal with it.
    Those might not be the demographics of Internalz at all, but hints to that it needs to be somewhat intuitive to be useful and it must not function in such manner that it easily gets invoked on accident.

When it comes to copying or moving files and folders around, I kind of saw the Enyo sliding panels being a natural choice. You could have one tree in the left-most panel, and the files in the main.
    When copy or move is invoked a third panel to the right could house an additional tree as target look-up. Those tree-panes should of course offer easy access to favorite folders as well. Additional usage, if the right-most panel is present “all the time” anyway, would to use it for content viewing when a single file is marked.

I see govotsos kind of beat me to expressing the thought, but anyway I feel three panes would work quite well; Current location, content of it and the potential target location. Adding his drag and drop suggestion as well, would make the whole thing quite efficient to use.
    Pop-ups with this much screen real estate just feels somewhat wrong.
    That is definitely along the lines that I would be interested in seeing.

Copy/Move
    Panel 1 - Tree File (old X-TreeGold program)
    Panel 2 - Content of selected folder
    Panel 3 - Target for file copy/move

Copy/Move could be as simple as it works with launcher pages
    Tap+ Hold drag to Panel 3 destination directory/folder

ImageViewing/Txt edit
    Same methods as Internalz Pro except:
    Tap on file (NOT tap + hold) gives options on the bottom of screen (info/editor/viewer/etc.) selecting one of those options will display in Panel 2 with Panel 1/3 minimized with the easy of expanding them for use again if needed.
    Selection of another folder in Panel 1(primary tree) would exit out of viewer/give option of saving in editor before exiting and same for file info.

Sorry if I said to much, but thats my several cents...
    Last edited by Toadfrogjr; 10/18/2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Mistake in explanation
  16.    #76  
    It should be worth noting that the general UI decisions were decided back in early July, as I stated in this thread on post #43. However suggestions on improvements for future versions are still appreciated, though probably best to save those until after you've seen v1.0
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I thought you were supposed to be MIA this week Jason, glad to see you have been able to take some time away from the school work.

Can't wait to see how much goodness you pack into Internalz HD.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I thought you were supposed to be MIA this week Jason, glad to see you have been able to take some time away from the school work.

Can't wait to see how much goodness you pack into Internalz HD.
    Not doing any development this week, but I can take a few minutes to check the forums every so often
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It should be worth noting that the general UI decisions were decided back in early July, as I stated in this thread on post #43. However suggestions on improvements for future versions are still appreciated, though probably best to save those until after you've seen v1.0
    That's want I bet for not reading all the way through.... :-) I shall read the rest. I have been looking forward to the HD version very much so... TY again, I will be donating soon enough ;-)
    I can read and write now on the NTFS Usb or hdd external with my TP. The problem is that Kalemsoft can't browse video files on the mounted folder (Touchplayer and Internalz browse videos fine). I hope you can add "open with" in Internalz HD to open a file by another apps like Kalemsoft, Touchplayer for video, Audiophile for music,...

Thank you for your sharing. Best regards
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast