webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Now In Development: Internalz HD
Now In Development: Internalz HD
Like Tree26Likes

Old 07/12/2011, 04:17 AM   #41 (permalink)

I think drag&drop would be better than move/copy pop-ups, but if d&d is too far out for the first release, then the pop-up menu looks better to use than the bottom-bar file list.

I prefer the buttons inside the bottom bar, this saves some real estate.
MaPhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 07/13/2011, 05:01 PM   #42 (permalink)

This may or may not be the best place to put this but is there any way we can get some support for browsing network shares? This feature is nice in Android devices and I would love to be able to hop onto a wireless network and browse available network shares.
mattbrad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by irwinr12 likes this.
Old 07/13/2011, 05:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
This may or may not be the best place to put this but is there any way we can get some support for browsing network shares? This feature is nice in Android devices and I would love to be able to hop onto a wireless network and browse available network shares.
As I've already said on the previous page that it's a definite possability for v1.1 that we may bee samba shares

And to those who were directed here from the front page article, please read the previous pages. Specifically the one in which I posted my wireframe mockups. The general layout for v1.0 has been determined.

However input for future versions and un-mentioned details are always appreciated

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pre101
Old 07/13/2011, 05:43 PM   #44 (permalink)

Doh! Sorry about that. Usually I read the threads but I'm burnt out on reading through the forum today. Thanks for the update on this however.
mattbrad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2011, 08:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I like the idea of single tap for select, double tap for open, long tap for rename, on any particular file--I would imagine the double tap and long tap would be separate from highlighting; highlighting a bunch of things would be for performing group actions, which opening and renaming... aren't, really.
pigsflew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2011, 10:35 PM   #46 (permalink)

I would have to agree with the long hold for the options. Its used in moving the apps from one 'screen' to the next. i find myself touch+hold on alot of things to see if they do anything else. In the apps list if you long hold you can remove or cancel. You could list file information version, datek etc and then have the options to copy/move/delete or even rename listed there. Instead of an "X" in the corner perhaps some other icon.
awbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2011, 04:50 AM   #47 (permalink)

@JayCanuck
Im opting for the buttons in the bar, not in a popup and like the idea of tap=select, double tap=open, long tap=rename.

T.
Old 07/14/2011, 10:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Rnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
hmm, interesting idea about the Samba shares. Chances are it won't make it into v1.0, but I'll try so it could make it into v1.1
I don't know if is possible, but support map some FTP or Webdav as local folders could be intereting.

Not always trying to connect, but have an option to disable the network folders...

Ooooorrr... going further, perhaps extending to some virtual drive, as using the SugarSync's API, for example.

Best Regards...
Old 08/07/2011, 03:37 PM   #49 (permalink)

Make tap+hold for renaming when already selected. Also, have a popup with the tree structure with favorites as well
JetUni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2011, 03:42 PM   #50 (permalink)

I hope you can bake this feature in for touchpad and phone... So even a dummy like me can do this, cuz it's the only way I could make it work:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2011, 03:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
I hope you can bake this feature in for touchpad and phone... So even a dummy like me can do this, cuz it's the only way I could make it work:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
Definitely what I'd like to do

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/07/2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08/09/2011, 10:04 PM   #52 (permalink)

Request for 'copy path to clipboard" option on the popup. Was doin some major file work w/o a PC today and would have saved me a ton of time to be able to cut and paste file paths between apps.
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 10:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

Jason, how's it coming along? Is Internalz HD ready to be released? An update on time frame would be nice. Is it in the next couple of days, weeks, month? I'm looking forward to your file manager, but Gemini starting to look good especially with HP's $50 app credit....trying to hold out as much as I can.
champiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 10:59 PM   #54 (permalink)
Legend

It's coming along slowly but surely. Keep in mind, when I release it, it needs to be able to compete at-launch with Gemini, which has been building up features for a while now.

Unfortunately my summer exams last week threw off my development for a while, but I'm easing back into it.

Old 08/10/2011, 11:22 PM   #55 (permalink)

how about transitions like the facebook exhibition transitions. That's pretty slick...not used for exhibition..just the transition style.

can you have drop box and box.net and samba support?

obviously all the original internalz pro features
navinag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 11:30 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
It's coming along slowly but surely. Keep in mind, when I release it, it needs to be able to compete at-launch with Gemini, which has been building up features for a while now.

Unfortunately my summer exams last week threw off my development for a while, but I'm easing back into it.
Thanks for the update, hope you pass.
champiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2011, 06:50 PM   #57 (permalink)

Hey Jason,

Not sure if this was already discussed, but I wanted to know if ZIP file support could be built in? (extract and zip)

Thanks for the great!
marc25v is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Daughain
Old 08/28/2011, 10:40 PM   #58 (permalink)

Well I just want to know if this is going to be free or not?
jwetzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011, 09:22 PM   #59 (permalink)

keep up the good work, cant wait to get this to my TP
novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011, 10:23 PM   #60 (permalink)

Yup, would love this as well, let me know if I can help test something. Couple things maybe to consider is allowing ability to set filesystem "bookmarks" and also to copy a file to the same directory with a different name, you know like "cp myfile myfile.bak"
texasflood is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0