Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Hey, I have a cbr that doesn't appear to work. I'll PM you with a link to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by greatkingbowser View Post
    Hey, I have a cbr that doesn't appear to work. I'll PM you with a link to it.
    I had a couple of cbr which were not working. After checking the archive (info button) with Winrar, I realized those cbr were in fact zip archives. I changed the cbr extension with cbz and this fixed my issue.
    I'm not saying it is your issue, but it is worth to verify.
    Just tried changing it to CBZ and that indeed worked!

Although it takes a long time to initially load, but it is 394 pages. I'm guessing this is normal?

Many thanks for your help!
    Last edited by greatkingbowser; 09/11/2011 at 07:33 AM.
    Never mind!
    Last edited by alexnvrmnd; 09/11/2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Had a momentary brain fart!
    Have you fully rebooted your TouchPad?
    First I would like to thank Jason Robitaille for his work, this is a great app, thanks so much!

I would also like to thank LapinFou for figuring out what was causing the above mentioned issue.

At the moment I am having to rename files manually and when you have hundreds of separate files, going through and checking each individually is a total pain. Best way I have found is to extract each archive to an individual folder then to re-compress them all as rar and bulk rename with the correct extension.

I was wondering if this could be patched in an update? If the software could ignore the named file extension and instead work out whether the file was zip or rar automatically, it would make things a lot easier.

The only other things I would like to see are thumbnail view and the ability to bookmark but I see you are working on those already.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Does this support PNG?
    Before today I didn't even know the difference between cbr and cbz was zip and rar!
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by joo28 View Post
    First I would like to thank Jason Robitaille for his work, this is a great app, thanks so much!

I would also like to thank LapinFou for figuring out what was causing the above mentioned issue.

At the moment I am having to rename files manually and when you have hundreds of separate files, going through and checking each individually is a total pain. Best way I have found is to extract each archive to an individual folder then to re-compress them all as rar and bulk rename with the correct extension.

I was wondering if this could be patched in an update? If the software could ignore the named file extension and instead work out whether the file was zip or rar automatically, it would make things a lot easier.

The only other things I would like to see are thumbnail view and the ability to bookmark but I see you are working on those already.
    zip and rar extensions will be supported next update

I'm making good progress on the update. A lot of the technical stuff is done, I'm just working on the new thumbnail layout and trying to make ComicShelf actually look like a shelf
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Typo Lad and bnyd like this.
    Any chance of a true full screen mode?
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Any chance of a true full screen mode?
    yep, fullscreen will be an option on Settings screen, same with auto-resume, and the option to open comics in new cards, so you'll be able to have multiple comics open at once
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    nappy likes this.
    I forgot one thing : alongside with the resizing-lock proposed by LapinFou above, could it be possible to lock the orientation of the screen while reading so we would not be disturbed by bad hand moves ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maalak View Post
    I forgot one thing : alongside with the resizing-lock proposed by LapinFou above, could it be possible to lock the orientation of the screen while reading so we would not be disturbed by bad hand moves ?
    You can easily lock the orientation of your screen using the "Turn Off Rotation Lock" option of your TouchPad. It's at the top right of your screen.

Jason, any word on .gif (and perhaps other as of yet unreadable) files?
    Quote Originally Posted by joo28 View Post

I'm glad I could help you !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yep, fullscreen will be an option on Settings screen, same with auto-resume, and the option to open comics in new cards, so you'll be able to have multiple comics open at once
    God, this sounds fantastic.

If you roll some of the file management features from Internalz Pro into Comic Shelf HD, this thing would be perfect.
    Any chance we can get some kind of indication for comics that have been read before?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just bought this app today. So much nicer than having a bunch of jpgs and reading them through the native photo app. I don't know if this has been asked before, but would you consider adding the ability to tap the left and/or right edges of the screen to go forward and back the way the Kindle app works? I would appreciate being able to do this instead of swiping as sometimes swiping doesn't work smoothly.

Glad to see you are making the ui nicer in the next update. Looking forward to using it.

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Keep in mind the initial comic load extracts the entire comic, so once it's loaded, there should be zero slowdown, and even better since this is webOS you can switch to card view and come back to ComifcShelf without having to reload.
    Couldn't you just extract the image to RAM and view it there? That way you're not requiring flash space. I'm concerned about the limited number of writes to flash, and extracting the archive for each comic viewed will only exacerbate this problem.

I'm not sure if the API supports it, but if so that'd be awesome.
    Don't worry about the limited amount of writes. Your TouchPad will be broken or long obsolete before it becomes a problem. Flash storage is pretty good these days thanks to wear leveling.

And I'm not sure, but maybe the comics are already loaded onto RAM? :O

P.S. Jason, keep up the awesome work!! I check this thread every 2 or 3 days hoping for an update and I'm loving what I'm seeing.
    Jason> Your app rocks! I hope the update come soon!
    But i saw a problem, when a jpg in cbz file contain an accent (יאט) i cannot open the cbz.
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast