Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 801
Like Tree106Likes
  1. #141  
    Hi Jason!!

    Again thanks for you application which was my first purchase.
    Seems you're working on a new update, could you confirm or not that following features will be implemented?
    - Width auto fit when rotating on landscape mode.
    - Fixed the issue which required to reboot the tablet in order to see new files copied through USB.
    - Bookmark to resume after closing ComicShelf.

    Thanks!
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by LapinFou View Post
    Hi Jason!!

    Again thanks for you application which was my first purchase.
    Seems you're working on a new update, could you confirm or not that following features will be implemented?
    - Width auto fit when rotating on landscape mode.
    - Fixed the issue which required to reboot the tablet in order to see new files copied through USB.
    - Bookmark to resume after closing ComicShelf.

    Thanks!
    no, yes, kinda (it'll be an option to auto-resume when closing app with a comic open)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    that's almost exactly what I was working on for the next update, heh
    Great minds think alike! looking forward to it! if you ever need a tester give me a yell :P
    DreamScar likes this.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    no, yes, kinda (it'll be an option to auto-resume when closing app with a comic open)
    I'm a bit disappointed that you said No about the "Width auto fit when rotating on landscape mode" request.
    I believe there is many people waiting for this new feature. Are you planning to implement it for a future version?

    About the 3rd request, the auto-resume solution is exactly what I was hoping.

    Have a nice day
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by LapinFou View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that you said No about the "Width auto fit when rotating on landscape mode" request.
    I believe there is many people waiting for this new feature. Are you planning to implement it for a future version?

    About the 3rd request, the auto-resume solution is exactly what I was hoping.

    Have a nice day
    I said "no" because it's simply not possible with the image viewer component HP provides for developers (the image viewer component that allows left/right swipe image changing, panning, pinch-zooming, etc.). For me to add it, I'll need to create my own image viewer component in a future version, but that'll be a massive rewrite and so it won't be in the next update.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. jedinat's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I said "no" because it's simply not possible with the image viewer component HP provides for developers (the image viewer component that allows left/right swipe image changing, panning, pinch-zooming, etc.). For me to add it, I'll need to create my own image viewer component in a future version, but that'll be a massive rewrite and so it won't be in the next update.
    So the built-in image viewer has only one auto-fit option for either orientation, and that's for both height and width? What about opening the image in the original size?
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I said "no" because it's simply not possible with the image viewer component HP provides for developers (the image viewer component that allows left/right swipe image changing, panning, pinch-zooming, etc.). For me to add it, I'll need to create my own image viewer component in a future version, but that'll be a massive rewrite and so it won't be in the next update.
    Thanks for your explanations.
    Is it possible to do something like:
    - On the first page the user will manually zoom to the appropriate width (as it must be done at the moment).
    - When the user goes to the next page, the same zoom ratio as the previous page will be automatically apply on the new one.
    This could be a nice workaround.

    What do you think?
  8. #148  
    Jason, what about making the app read gif files too? I have a cbz file that contains both jpg and gif files but the app didn't recognize the gif files at all and so I was reading the comic with parts missing without even realizing it. It shouldn't be hard to do right? Just make the app read gif files like they are jpg files. There's no conversion needed, just a file extension change. I can see this being a fairly common problem if it's not fixed.
  9. #149  
    I am experiencing the same problem with having to restart after putting comics on it.

    Is there a quicker way to restart it than just shutting it down and starting it back up?
  10. jedinat's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem with having to restart after putting comics on it.

    Is there a quicker way to restart it than just shutting it down and starting it back up?
    I'm not sure whether a Luna restart would suffice... if you have Internalz Pro you can access some restart options from the menu (top-left).
  11. elty123's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #151  
    So I paid for this, but there is a CBZ file that just won't work. It is about 70MB in size with ~100 JPG file, and read fine from comic rack on my PC.

    It takes a long time to load. Some times it just keep loading forever with no error message. Sometimes I get "The status message is not known" or something similar.

    Edit: Just tried to have it read another CBZ file and now the entire Touchpad froze and not responding with ANY thing.
    Last edited by elty; 09/09/2011 at 12:39 AM.
  12. elty123's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #152  
    I just found that it cannot read many CBZ files. Is there some restriction? They are really just a ZIP file of JPG images renamed to CBZ.

    Edit: Eventually it opens one of my file, but that probably took like 3 minutes.... any tips to speed things up is welcome. Another one simply crash the touchpad. My files are 50-110MB in size. I wonder if that is too big?
    Last edited by elty; 09/09/2011 at 12:40 AM.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by elty View Post
    I just found that it cannot read many CBZ files. Is there some restriction? They are really just a ZIP file of JPG images renamed to CBZ.

    Edit: Eventually it opens one of my file, but that probably took like 3 minutes.... any tips to speed things up is welcome. Another one simply crash the touchpad. My files are 50-110MB in size. I wonder if that is too big?
    Email me a one of the files that won't read (or a link where i can download it). I have 100+ comics ranging between 8MB to 62Mb and all of then run fine on my device. I would suggest keepin comics beneath 60MB (lower for better performance). Keep in mind the initial comic load extracts the entire comic, so once it's loaded, there should be zero slowdown, and even better since this is webOS you can switch to card view and come back to ComifcShelf without having to reload.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  14. elty123's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #154  
    Does the dimension of the JPEG affect performance? It seems that some 70MB opened reasonably (in a minute), while some takes forever.

    I will give it a try by splitting some of my 100MB version first.
  15. #155  
    This app is so remarkable and reignited my childhood of reading comics again. I haven't read this much comic series in a long time. Is there any possible chance of making the app have folder option so people can organize better? I have over 100 manga/comic book and it can be tedious scrolling all the way down. If not then it's ok since remember last position is more important
  16. elty123's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #156  
    Ok, it seems that zip files created by the ZipDotNet library doesn't work. I switched to use 7za in my batch cropping app and now the files opened up rather quickly.
  17. #157  
    First webOS app I have purchased and its a good one. Just what I need to read digital comics, which was one of the main reasons I bought the TP. I have tons of comics and was wondering if there were any plans or if it was even possible to have comicshelf HD be able to access the cloud like box.net?
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by LapinFou View Post
    Thanks for your explanations.
    Is it possible to do something like:
    - On the first page the user will manually zoom to the appropriate width (as it must be done at the moment).
    - When the user goes to the next page, the same zoom ratio as the previous page will be automatically apply on the new one.
    This could be a nice workaround.

    What do you think?

    It would be great, that's exactly the feature I would like to have to bypass the annoying resizing.


    And for myself, I have a couple suggestions :
    - could it be possible in a future release to delete the files or directories so we could get rid of them after reading ?
    - will it be possible to read a directory with jpg files without needing to convert it in cbr or cbz (I know it's fairly easy to make them, but maybe it could be useful for pure novices in computers).


    [Edit] Also, when browsing a directory with numbered directories, something seems not good : as it should show 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 [...]-20-21..., it shows in reality : 1-11-12-[...]-19-2-20-21-22-[...]-29-3-30-31...
    Last edited by Maalak; 09/11/2011 at 01:08 AM.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by LapinFou View Post
    Thanks for your explanations.
    Is it possible to do something like:
    - On the first page the user will manually zoom to the appropriate width (as it must be done at the moment).
    - When the user goes to the next page, the same zoom ratio as the previous page will be automatically apply on the new one.
    This could be a nice workaround.

    What do you think?
    +1 It's a good idea ! (exactly what I intended to suggest ^^)

    I think this is the most important features missing. It will greatly improve the usability of your app.

    Image thumbail it's good too not essential for us.
  20. #160  
    Can i purchase this app outside of App catalog as i have a touchpad in india and cannot purchase paid apps
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions