Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Originally, after that I had planned to continue work on Internalz HD. However, due to public demand and the success of ComicShelf HD, I will work simultaneously on the ComicShelf HD update (rather then leaving it until after).

I'll keep you guys updated as news happens
    Awesome!

I will commence holding my breath: *huhhh--*

No rush, worst happens I pass out. Ah, I'm blue already...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    excellent news. Looking forward to it
    Excellent news!!!
    What are you planning to add/fix in the next release??
    I'm so glad this (and a fair few other apps) are being successful enough on WebOS to keep the development rolling.

Look forward to whatever features you can get in there.
    this app is awesome, worth the wait. So glad I finally got a device to run it. If you have kids, picture books in the correct format work fantastic. I will post 5 star review.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Loving the app, and nthing the request for a "next issue" option.
    Ok sorry for being a dumb newbie, but got my touchpad, and downloaded comicshelf. Got some comic cbr download from Torrentz. Now when transfering from my pc to the touchpad which folder do I drop them in? I though .comic! but when I open the App it says "Nothing found in the comics directory" What I`m I doing wrong??
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty5oo View Post
    Ok sorry for being a dumb newbie, but got my touchpad, and downloaded comicshelf. Got some comic cbr download from Torrentz. Now when transfering from my pc to the touchpad which folder do I drop them in? I though .comic! but when I open the App it says "Nothing found in the comics directory" What I`m I doing wrong??
    ".comics" is the quasi-hidden folder used by ComicsHD, a different app. You'll need to put cbr and cbz files in "comics". And as mentioned a few times in this thread, you may need to restart your device after exiting usb mode
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    qwerty5oo likes this.
    So sorry If I had taken the time to read whole 7 pages before asking, I would have realised that DOH Now working and looking fantasic, my boys a happy bunny!
    Just bought a TouchPad and bought this app and just wanted to say great job with it, and I hope you will continue making it better. I have just 2 suggestions which I think will make this app much better. Some of these may have been mentioned before but I'm bringing them up again to show they're still wanted.

1) Files inside the cbr and cbz containers should really be sorted by folder names first, and then by filenames. Many cbr/cbz files have sub-folders in them so this can cause many problems. This issue has been mentioned before.

2) The ability to save the page you are on so you can continue reading where you left off the next time! This is really important especially when some comic files have hundreds of pages.

Thanks Jason!
    Sorry to double-post but I thought of a third important feature:

3) When in landscape mode, the image should really be set to fit the width as default, as opposed to the height.
    Just bought this application. It won't load any comics and gives me the following error on startup:

Service does not exist:
    ca.canuckcoding.comicsheldhd.service

Can anyone help?
    thanks so much, great app!! however fixed zoom and fit by width features are a must for this app to be useful.
    Minor bug I've found in the sorting. I have a directory that has about 30 comics in it. They're all labeled numerically, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.... all the way through 30. The app sorts them as follows 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, etc.............. So it's not sorting them correctly. Issue 4 shows up in the directory after issue 34 which kind of messes up the continuity a little bit.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Nonymous View Post
    Minor bug I've found in the sorting. I have a directory that has about 30 comics in it. They're all labeled numerically, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.... all the way through 30. The app sorts them as follows 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, etc.............. So it's not sorting them correctly. Issue 4 shows up in the directory after issue 34 which kind of messes up the continuity a little bit.
    That's the proper alphabetical format. Just renamed 01, 02, 03...etc. and it'll preserve numerical order as you describe

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    That's the proper alphabetical format. Just renamed 01, 02, 03...etc. and it'll preserve numerical order as you describe
    The thing is, that's not how Windows sorts things, which messes people up sometimes (i.e. releasing things not properly labelled with a '0' in front). You make files named 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and windows will sort them that way.
    Fair enough. Hadn't even thought of doing that. Appreciate the quick response with a work around.
    Hi I was just wondering if you had plans to have ComicShelf HD be able to access box.net in a future update.
    Hi I love Comicshelf HD thanks for all the work you have put into it.

I was wondering if you had any plans for a "shelf like" layout for it as opposed to just a list? then having it user switchable?
    You could do it by pulling the first image from each archive to display as the cover then having the file name underneath it in case the first image is something random and not the cover. if needed you could generate thumbnails in a . directory so it wont have to generate them each time so something like.:

if file exists
    extract image 1 generate thumbnail
    for each thumnail
    check file exists
    if file does not exist delete thumb

quick edit: have the thumbs display on a shelf like gog.com does with games? http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/37/capturebg.jpg
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpedflash View Post
    Hi I love Comicshelf HD thanks for all the work you have put into it.

I was wondering if you had any plans for a "shelf like" layout for it as opposed to just a list? then having it user switchable?
    You could do it by pulling the first image from each archive to display as the cover then having the file name underneath it in case the first image is something random and not the cover. if needed you could generate thumbnails in a . directory so it wont have to generate them each time so something like.:

if file exists
    extract image 1 generate thumbnail
    for each thumnail
    check file exists
    if file does not exist delete thumb

quick edit: have the thumbs display on a shelf like gog.com does with games? http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/37/capturebg.jpg
    that's almost exactly what I was working on for the next update, heh

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast