Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by reil View Post
    this is the first app i bought after getting my touchpad but the order it displays things makes this near useless for me.

i read more manga scanslations than comics, so i have cbz/cbr of a top level folder (volume 1/2/3/4/n) that contains subfolders of the chapters (chapter 1/2/3/4/5/n). comicshelf doesn't pay attention to the subfolder order but something else, which i think is the order of the filenames inside the subfolders. this causes the chapters to be displayed in out of order sequence. other comic readers, like cdisplay, xee, comicglass, comiczeal respect the folder order, this is the first time i've had problems with subfolders.

here's an example cbz i made to illustrate:
    test volume.cbz

it has 3 files in it:
    test volume/chapter 1/one.jpg
    test volume/chapter 2/number 2.jpg
    test volume/chapter 3/3.jpg

comic shelf will display 3 then 2 then 1.
    I'll look into adding support for such comics
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll look into adding support for such comics
    awesome, thank you!
    Hey Jason, I bought your app and for the most part I like it, however, I really need a way to get rid of the semi-transparent bars at the top and bottom. I read comics at the default view (stretched to height) and these bars get in the way of reading. Since page turning is done by flickin ghte pages anyways, and the wallpaper/email features are in the status bar as well, these bars hurt more than help. If you would release a way to turn them off I would be eternally grateful, and ComicShelf HD would switch from being my least used app to most used.

Thanks for your hard work!
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelzappa View Post
    Hey Jason, I bought your app and for the most part I like it, however, I really need a way to get rid of the semi-transparent bars at the top and bottom. I read comics at the default view (stretched to height) and these bars get in the way of reading. Since page turning is done by flickin ghte pages anyways, and the wallpaper/email features are in the status bar as well, these bars hurt more than help. If you would release a way to turn them off I would be eternally grateful, and ComicShelf HD would switch from being my least used app to most used.

Thanks for your hard work!
    A single tap on the comic will hide the top/bottom bars

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I will say, since getting the TP and buying your app.. I've read a comic for the first time since I was 14!

This is how it should be!
    A single tap on the comic will hide the top/bottom bars
    I feel dumb now, but thanks for your speedy reply! I upgraded to the touchpad from the nook color, and with your app reading comics is much more enjoyable. Thanks again.
    This will be one of my first purchases if I ever find one of the damned things (and don't have my order cancelled).
    there is no hardware keyboard, so type-to-filter isn't a realistic option, as the virtual keyboard would shrink the screen. Thumbnail view is coming in the next update though And as usual, it's alphabetically sorted
    Here is a feature I would like to see, it's up to you

Instead of a single list with 100's of pages on it that you have to scroll through how about 3 (or more) single digit scroll boxes with 0-9 so if I need to get to page 250 I can do with 3 clicks instead of like 50
    Lists of desired features
    1/ Maintaining the zoom from one page to another
    2/ Bookmarks

With these two features, your app will be PERFECT
    Just bought ComicShelf HD. I had the original one for my Pre. Great app, reading a comic on the Touchpad is such a great experience. The only feature I miss from the original app is the auto-bookmark.
    this was my first purchase after getting the Touchpad. Great app. The issue of having to reboot the Touchpad to see comics is a little weird - can that be fixed?

But my feature request is to highlight the item you're on or just navigating from.

If I have folders like this:

Folder 1
    Folder 2
    Folder 3

and I navigate into folder 2 to read some comics and then navigate back up after a few days, it would be nice if Folder 2 was highlighted somehow so that I know that's the folder I just came from and can proceed to Folder 3. Or instead of ".." to move up one level, you display "..Folder2"

Thanks for the App!
    For some reason, when I create a folder with comics on my computer in the "comics" folder, ComicShelf HD doesn't recognize the folders/comics.

I'm doing this on a mac. Any way to fix this?

edit: When I put the same comics in the "comics" folder by themselves, they are recognized just fine.
    edit: Nevermind, it worked after a full restart instead of a luna restart. Can you explain why a full restart is required?
    Last edited by Corbet; 08/27/2011 at 06:51 PM.
    you just need to turn the Touchpad off then back on - full power off, not just the screen.
    As I've previously mentioned, this is a system bug, and I'm looking for a workaround
    Didn't see the previous mention, but that's brilliant!
    Also would love to see a bookmark feature (been said but I'm giving it a vote!) and/or a way to mark what comic you're on so that when you have a few issues of a certain comic (for me it's Angel-After the Fall and there are 44 issues) you don't have to remember what issue number you were on (as I keep forgetting).

Quote Originally Posted by mched View Post
    Just bought it. Slightly disappointed that there is no way to jump to a page via keyboard input or bookmarks, having to rely on list selection. The only reason I bought this instead of just converting to pdf and using the free adobe app was because I hate picking pages from a list.
    I found that if you touch the 'Page 1/27' (or whatever the numbers might be) in the middle of the bottom bar you can select the page of that issue to read/start from. I find this helpful but I do understand the need for a jump to page type thing that you are referencing here and am adding my vote to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
    For some reason, when I create a folder with comics on my computer in the "comics" folder, ComicShelf HD doesn't recognize the folders/comics.

I'm doing this on a mac. Any way to fix this?

edit: When I put the same comics in the "comics" folder by themselves, they are recognized just fine.
    edit: Nevermind, it worked after a full restart instead of a luna restart. Can you explain why a full restart is required?
    At the moment there is no way to organize the comics and have the reader see them all. The files HAVE to be in the root comics folder for ComicShelf to see them. This would be something I would be interested in--organization as most of us read a whole slew of different comics and although they show up in Alphabetic order, it helps the eyes/fingers if some sort of organization could be added, which I am sure has already been suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    At the moment there is no way to organize the comics and have the reader see them all. The files HAVE to be in the root comics folder for ComicShelf to see them. This would be something I would be interested in--organization as most of us read a whole slew of different comics and although they show up in Alphabetic order, it helps the eyes/fingers if some sort of organization could be added, which I am sure has already been suggested.
    You can use folders with the app and it'll work fine. I tried it with two series and it worked just fine after a full restart.

Jason: I found a way to buy the app! And I must say it is an amazing buy at $2 and I would have bought it at $5 without a thought! I think you should release a free version (maybe homebrew) anyways so people who don't have access to a card or live in an unsupported country can enjoy your awesome app too.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Awesome app...it was the first (and only so far) one I purchased for my TP that I had the fortune of obtaining this weekend (after 5 hours in line at Best Buy ).

There are a few things that would make this app perfect for me (some or most have been mentioned already). Here they are in order of importance:

1. Open last comic and/or bookmark

2. A go to next comic button

3. Fit to width or height settings

4. Option to keep image size when going to next page (if zoomed)

5. Thumbnails (maybe even a bookshelf type interface?)

6. Black borders (or even better, the ability to choose the color!)

Again, love this app, hope these suggestions are useful.
    While most of my comics work perfectly well, I have a certain comic that every issue has double the amount of pages it should and the first half are all blank. For instance, one comic has 26, it shows up as 52 pages, and the first 26 are blank. When I look at it on my computer, it works fine. I unzipped the file on my computer and there are only 26 jpegs in the cbz.

I had originally exported the comic from PDF to JPEG then created the CBZ myself.

Have you heard of anything like this happening? It's not really a big deal, just confusing.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlockcombs View Post
    While most of my comics work perfectly well, I have a certain comic that every issue has double the amount of pages it should and the first half are all blank. For instance, one comic has 26, it shows up as 52 pages, and the first 26 are blank. When I look at it on my computer, it works fine. I unzipped the file on my computer and there are only 26 jpegs in the cbz.

I had originally exported the comic from PDF to JPEG then created the CBZ myself.

Have you heard of anything like this happening? It's not really a big deal, just confusing.
    email me the comic and I'll look into it

Hello from France!!

First of all, I would like to thank you for this great application. Mainly I bought a HP Touchpad only for this great apps.

Since, you are responding very quickly, I would like to also submit a request. If you can add it, then (from my point of view) you application will be perfect.

Request:
    Could you add an option (which can be disable if some people doesn't like it) to automatically zoom/adjust at width size the displayed image when the Touchpad is rotated from portrait to landscape?? The text on some eBooks are too small to be well read on portrait mode. So it is a bit painful to manually re-zoom for each new page.

BR,
    LapinFou
    I'm having an issue with some cbz files. Are gif images not supported?
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast