Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I figured the touchpad screen was big enough people wouldn't mine. But yea, I can add that as an option for the next update. However, you'll need to be a bit patient for that, as I've got 2 apps I wanna finish up before workin on the update
    Thanks Jason! That one change would make ComicShelf HD perfect for me, rather than just nearly ideal.

I can't say it's an entirely rational desire, I have this strange aversion to any pixel I see as wasted. Plus, there are those times when I'm reading comics and I just don't want to be reminded of how late it is.

No rush at all, I'll just patiently look forward to the next version. But I will donate a few more bucks whenever my pet feature goes live. A baby-bounty, if you will.

And again, thanks for all the great work! I've gotta say, I'm very curious to see what else you're working on.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just a bit of feedback - great app - I'd just echo the calls for

a) Black background

b) Autohide the top bar in full-screen mode.
    Hi Jason, I'm new to WebOS and the PreCentral community (got in on the TouchPad firesale) and I really enjoy your Internalz Pro app. It's so helpful and the best part about it was that you had it as a free option for those that were willing to play with homebrew.

When I bought the TouchPad, I had reading comics and manga with it in mind and then I saw your ComicShelf HD app!! Ahhh, I was wondering if you might come out with a free (ad-supported maybe?) version because I don't have access to a credit card and I would LOVE to use this app.
    My (short) ComicShelf HD wishlist:

1. A "fit to width" or "fixed zoom" option, to automatically fit each image to the width of the screen as you turn the page.

2. A remember last page or bookmarking feature.

3. Folder support for organization purposes.

The other suggestions are nice, but the above are my "most wanted." I'll definitely donate some money once the update hits!

Thanks!
    Last edited by KParrott; 08/24/2011 at 08:31 PM.
  5. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Folders seem to show up correctly for me, as I uploaded all the files in their own folders.

When I load the app it has my list of folders on the main screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Folders seem to show up correctly for me, as I uploaded all the files in their own folders.

When I load the app it has my list of folders on the main screen.
    Hahaha, I didn't even think to try, I just assumed it didn't. My bad, will revise my wishlist!
  7.    #67  
    Just a heads-up, I pushed off a meta-update to make the current version of ComicShelf HD available in Australia and New Zealand. Should be available to buy within the next few days
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Typo Lad and Gezza like this.
    Jason - picked up your app last night... awesome!! Fantastic job! (hopefully bookmarking is coming)
    Jason(or anyone really but Jason's the one who can do something about it)~ Has anyone else seen where opening a folder with a few files doesn't show on the screen until you tilt it to change viewing direction then it drops to where you can see it? Even some of my larger folders start out being able to see issue 9 first(which is fine because if you can see it you can scroll up). It seems like the file list doesn't know where the page is supposed to start and it happens on *some* folders on both my wife's Touchpad and on mine. Just curious if we are the only ones or what?
    Im new to webos and this forum ... bought a 16gb touchpad and this app ... now this may sound very n00b-ish but no mater what folder i put comics in i get Nothing found in comics directory and when i browse to the files and ope them i get file does not exist
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spun169 View Post
    Im new to webos and this forum ... bought a 16gb touchpad and this app ... now this may sound very n00b-ish but no mater what folder i put comics in i get Nothing found in comics directory and when i browse to the files and ope them i get file does not exist
    Are they in the 'comics' folder? Once you've done so, you need to reset the device and they should show up.
    What they don't tell you is you need to TURN OFF your device then turn it back on for comicshelf to see any new comics. This is a ROYAL pain in the tush! My Sony eReader does it better (although not in stunning color lol). Put your comics in the normal comics folder, not the .comics folder. And no, for those of you who have the 'Luna Restart' option this does not work, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Are they in the 'comics' folder? Once you've done so, you need to reset the device and they should show up.
    I found if you tap the comic (after it opens) the top bar and bottom bar go away and you are free to change the page by flicking your finger across it. Also note that tapping it again will bring them both back so you can easily close or make it your wallpaper...

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Just a bit of feedback - great app - I'd just echo the calls for

a) Black background

b) Autohide the top bar in full-screen mode.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    What they don't tell you is you need to TURN OFF your device then turn it back on for comicshelf to see any new comics. This is a ROYAL pain in the tush! My Sony eReader does it better (although not in stunning color lol). Put your comics in the normal comics folder, not the .comics folder. And no, for those of you who have the 'Luna Restart' option this does not work, I tried.
    As I've previously mentioned, this is a system bug, and I'm looking for a workaround

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Hi jason, I got my touchpad and bought this app right away. It read my american comics fine but I have trouble reading manga files on it. My manga files are in .rar format so I tried renaming it to .cbz but ComicshelfHD doesn't see it after restarting the touchpad. Also I tried adding .cbr after the manga file too.

I can't wait for the remember last read position feature too. Thanks for the hard work
    Last edited by Loomies; 08/25/2011 at 07:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Hey Jason,

Got my TouchPad, getting reacquainted with webOS again, and it's been fun. Quick question for you - if I install ComicShelfHd, will it automatically associate itself with all files with extension cbr/cbz? It would be great if I could throw a bunch of comics on my 50gb(!) of box.net, then tap to transfer and be prompted to open them with ComicshelfHD.

Thanks for the great work!

Sam
    Just bought it. Slightly disappointed that there is no way to jump to a page via keyboard input or bookmarks, having to rely on list selection. The only reason I bought this instead of just converting to pdf and using the free adobe app was because I hate picking pages from a list.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyu View Post
    Hey Jason,

Got my TouchPad, getting reacquainted with webOS again, and it's been fun. Quick question for you - if I install ComicShelfHd, will it automatically associate itself with all files with extension cbr/cbz? It would be great if I could throw a bunch of comics on my 50gb(!) of box.net, then tap to transfer and be prompted to open them with ComicshelfHD.

Thanks for the great work!

Sam
    Unfortunately, HP currently forbids developers from doing this, as the resource-handler stuff is unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by mched View Post
    Just bought it. Slightly disappointed that there is no way to jump to a page via keyboard input or bookmarks, having to rely on list selection. The only reason I bought this instead of just converting to pdf and using the free adobe app was because I hate picking pages from a list.
    there is no hardware keyboard, so type-to-filter isn't a realistic option, as the virtual keyboard would shrink the screen. Thumbnail view is coming in the next update though And as usual, it's alphabetically sorted

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    This is a great app. Pretty much an essential purchase for me. I've been in need of a portable comic (manga!) reader and I was feeling slightly down about the TouchPad until I came across this.

There are a few things I'm used to (using Hamana and Leeyes) that I'm missing though...
    -When you come to the end of an archive and try to go to the next page, a message box asking if you'd like to open the next archive should pop up (showing you the name of the file)
    -I'd like the option to fit the image to width OR height by default (not just fit to screen), and to open them in their original size
    -I'd like to still be able to flick to the next page after I've resized the image
    -It would be nice if the reader opened to the page you left off on

And as already mentioned...
    -The restart bug is kind of annoying, but I'm sure you'll work on that
    -It'd be nice to be able to just use zip and rar (and 7zip?) files...
    -Hiding the menu bar (and you've already said you'll address it)

Again, thanks for this great app! As far as I can see it's the only viable comic/manga viewer for the TouchPad right now, and it's quite slick as it is.
    this is the first app i bought after getting my touchpad but the order it displays things makes this near useless for me.

i read more manga scanslations than comics, so i have cbz/cbr of a top level folder (volume 1/2/3/4/n) that contains subfolders of the chapters (chapter 1/2/3/4/5/n). comicshelf doesn't pay attention to the subfolder order but something else, which i think is the order of the filenames inside the subfolders. this causes the chapters to be displayed in out of order sequence. other comic readers, like cdisplay, xee, comicglass, comiczeal respect the folder order, this is the first time i've had problems with subfolders.

here's an example cbz i made to illustrate:
    test volume.cbz

it has 3 files in it:
    test volume/chapter 1/one.jpg
    test volume/chapter 2/number 2.jpg
    test volume/chapter 3/3.jpg

comic shelf will display 3 then 2 then 1.
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast