Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041 LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 801
Like Tree106Likes
  1. #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by delphs View Post
    yes I purchased it thru the webstore on the touchpad. I'll go thru all the posts and try a bunch of well placed reboots like you mention
    Okay, just wanted to make sure. It's amazing how many people out there want support on pirated software.

    As for the reboots, yeah - I can't remember the exact sequence, but the hard reboot with the home key is the important one as that's basically a battery pull for other devices.
  2. #762  
    Can anyone help me out here? I have all my comics uploaded to my app and when I go to read a comic, the pages are out of order, like they are sorted randomly. I know the pages have page numbers so that cannot be an issue. It seems I am the only one with this issue. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be fantastic I have my files converted to a zip and my app is on my HP touchpad.

    Thanks!

    -Alicia
  3. #763  
    I'll make the same offer that i always do, but no one has taken me up on yet - if you put the comic in DropBox and PM me a link, I'll take a look at it.

    Also, when you say "zip," I assume you mean CBZ, right?
  4. #764  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    I'll make the same offer that i always do, but no one has taken me up on yet - if you put the comic in DropBox and PM me a link, I'll take a look at it.

    Also, when you say "zip," I assume you mean CBZ, right?
    Okay, Where is the dropbox? and yes the file is originally a CBZ, but that has been converted to a PDF which was converted to a Zip. Did I mess up?
  5. #765  
    https://www.dropbox.com/
    It's an internet storage locker where you can share files.

    However, it looks like part of your problem is going from .zip files. I wasn't even aware that ComicShelf can even read them.

    .cbz and .cbr are variations on .zip and .rar archives that are used solely for digital comics. You do not need to convert them in order to use them with a comic-reading program. Try putting just the original .cbz file (if you still have it) on the TP and see if that works.
  6. #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/
    It's an internet storage locker where you can share files.

    However, it looks like part of your problem is going from .zip files. I wasn't even aware that ComicShelf can even read them.

    .cbz and .cbr are variations on .zip and .rar archives that are used solely for digital comics. You do not need to convert them in order to use them with a comic-reading program. Try putting just the original .cbz file (if you still have it) on the TP and see if that works.
    Alright, I'll try that out.
  7. #767  
    Oh, I do have a couple of comic files that are PDFs, should I just upload those in PDFs as well?
  8. #768  
    Try just the original .cbz first. I suspect that that should solve your problem.

    With the .pdfs, there's not much I can do. Are the pages in the right order in the pdf itself when you view it elsewhere? If not, then its the file itself. If not, I can't really help you. Adobe makes pdfs as difficult to modify/work with as possible. Great for sending a business file you don't want modified by the client, pretty crappy when you want a document you can work with.

    When it comes to digital comics, sticking with cbz/r files is just the best way to go, because that's what they were designed for.
  9. #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Try just the original .cbz first. I suspect that that should solve your problem.

    With the .pdfs, there's not much I can do. Are the pages in the right order in the pdf itself when you view it elsewhere? If not, then its the file itself. If not, I can't really help you. Adobe makes pdfs as difficult to modify/work with as possible. Great for sending a business file you don't want modified by the client, pretty crappy when you want a document you can work with.

    When it comes to digital comics, sticking with cbz/r files is just the best way to go, because that's what they were designed for.
    Okay, Thanks a lot I have my files back, I'll upload those and see how it works.

    Thanks!
  10. #770  
    Anyone know why some JPG thumbnails show up just fine and other JPGs show up discolored? Line instead of showing all RBG colors, its like they are set in Solarize mode. Anyone else experience this?

    Thanks!

    -Alicia
  11. #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon 56 View Post
    Anyone know why some JPG thumbnails show up just fine and other JPGs show up discolored? Line instead of showing all RBG colors, its like they are set in Solarize mode. Anyone else experience this?

    Thanks!

    -Alicia
    Just loose jpgs, or ones within an archive? If within an archive, change the extension from cbz/r to zip/rar and extract. Find some of the offending jpgs and open them up in something like Paint or Gimp (basically, an editor, not just a view) and see if they look correct and/or give a warning about the color scheme.
  12. #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Just loose jpgs, or ones within an archive? If within an archive, change the extension from cbz/r to zip/rar and extract. Find some of the offending jpgs and open them up in something like Paint or Gimp (basically, an editor, not just a view) and see if they look correct and/or give a warning about the color scheme.
    They are in a archive. I'll try changing one file to a rar. file and see if that fixes it. I have also opened the files in Photoshop and Paint and they show up fine What is the difference between a CBZ file and a RAR file?

    Thanks!
  13. #773  
    I didn't mean to change it to .rar to view it - I was just explaining how to get to the images so that you could look at them in an editor.

    So, if they're showing up fine there with no warnings of the color scheme being off and they display fine, I'm not sure what's causing them to display funky in CS.
  14. #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon 56 View Post
    They are in a archive. I'll try changing one file to a rar. file and see if that fixes it. I have also opened the files in Photoshop and Paint and they show up fine What is the difference between a CBZ file and a RAR file?

    Thanks!
    Wait, that is a zip file. I can try it.
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Ever get this to work, or did you give up?
    i haven't given up. just haven't had time.. till now. i don't have a DropBox account but I do have a Box account - Box for Touchpad from Box.com.

    i PM'd you the link to 2 examples, though I have at least 10 with this kind of bug on my ComicShelf app.
  16. #776  
    I think I fixed them. I PM'd you the DL links to check. Did one in CBZ and one in CBR just to make sure.

    First off, one issue had a .BAK file of every image in it. Didn't have anything to do with the problem, but it made the file twice as big. Just FYI.

    What I did was to convert the cbrs to rars and extract them. I opened the cover image in an image program, because I suspected it might have something to do with the file, rather than the software. Now, the image displayed perfectly fine, and I didn't get any "do you want to change the orientation of this file" message - but, just in case, I reversed the image, then reversed it back and saved. (so, made it "wrong" then made it "right") From there, I just re-zipped the files.

    Hopefully this made sense. Short version - the cover files had some wonkiness hidden in them that wasn't displaying. Flipping them, flipping them back and re-converting cleared the errors and fixed the file.
  17. #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    I think I fixed them. I PM'd you the DL links to check. Did one in CBZ and one in CBR just to make sure.

    First off, one issue had a .BAK file of every image in it. Didn't have anything to do with the problem, but it made the file twice as big. Just FYI.

    What I did was to convert the cbrs to rars and extract them. I opened the cover image in an image program, because I suspected it might have something to do with the file, rather than the software. Now, the image displayed perfectly fine, and I didn't get any "do you want to change the orientation of this file" message - but, just in case, I reversed the image, then reversed it back and saved. (so, made it "wrong" then made it "right") From there, I just re-zipped the files.

    Hopefully this made sense. Short version - the cover files had some wonkiness hidden in them that wasn't displaying. Flipping them, flipping them back and re-converting cleared the errors and fixed the file.
    how were you able to see the .BAK files? just curious...

    thank you so much for you assistance. i'll try your method and see if this will help with the others.
  18. #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by webbea View Post
    how were you able to see the .BAK files? just curious...

    thank you so much for you assistance. i'll try your method and see if this will help with the others.
    As soon as I extracted the archives, they were all right there. If you see any cbzs that look way too big, open them up and see.

    Glad I could help.
  19. #779  
    Hey guys,
    Having trouble with Comic Shelf HD. A bunch of my cbr's won't work, some covers won't load, the app crashes all the time, and like others in this thread, I keep getting a message saying "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running".

    It's getting pretty frustrating! I've tried to hard reset my TP, uninstall/reinstall, all with no luck..

    The cbr's work fine on my cbr reader for Win7, as well as my Galaxy S2, so I know the files aren't the issue...

    Any ideas?
  20. jrries01's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #780  
    Hi everyone,

    I have been using Comicshelf HD for a while off and on. I have 3.0.5 on my touchpad, it was dual boot with ICS, I performed a secure wipe and now a single boot. ComicShelf HD is loading and just sits there spinning, I uninstalled Comicshelf HD, reinstalled via the HP store, still spinning, I uninstalled, rebooted, installed and still spinning circles. I performed another secure wipe and ran the webos doctor and the same thing. The comic folder was never created so I created it and still spinning circles. I let it sit spinning for 5 min and nothing. I performed another secure wipe and with the restore I downloaded only the apps and this time I got the error - ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running. If I try to manually open the file via internalz I get a message about the file association not known. For some reason the app will not create the comic folder. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you
    Last edited by jrries; 07/23/2012 at 02:13 PM.

Posting Permissions