Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Crap...I got nothing, buddy. This probably needs Jason, but I think he's moved on....
    not only is Jason still around, he is starting an internship with the Enyo team!

http://www.webosnation.com/jason-rob...mer-internship

the help page for the app should have a link to contact him. If not, you can ping him on Twitter since he is probably busy settling in for the summer.
    How painful was that, and have they gotten it stable/full featured on TPs yet? I'm with you - if this app ever craps out for me, I might make the switch
    Yeah I just heard about Jason's internship, great news for him! I can only assume that means he'll have less time for ComicShelf HD now with a full time gig. Comicshelf(along with the stability and lack of virus/malware) is the only reason I keep webos so I'm with everyone else, if comicshelf ever craps out it's going to be time for Android... grrr.
    Fixed it! I formatted AGAIN - installed internlaz first, ran it, and then ran Comicshel. Humming.

As for ICS, it was an easy install and it rus well, but I am not sure how often I'll be using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Yeah I just heard about Jason's internship, great news for him!
    I hadn't heard about that before that post up there. Great for him!
    So I got bored and put android on my Touchpad. The comic viewers there don't hold up well against comicshelf HD. CS HD can fill the screen and look real sharp, the android ones leave a big bar across the bottom so the comic gets squished even more. So... webos and comicshelf HD for comics, reboot into ICS for games. I wish webos had done better, it seems like a better OS to me.
    is there a fix for thumbnails of comic covers showing up in landscape orientation or reverse/mirror image or upside down?
    Quote Originally Posted by webbea View Post
    is there a fix for thumbnails of comic covers showing up in landscape orientation or reverse/mirror image or upside down?
    I haven't personally heard of this bug. Are you sure that these covers are oriented correctly in the cbr/cbz file?
    I haven't personally heard of this bug. Are you sure that these covers are oriented correctly in the cbr/cbz file?
    yes. i've unzipped/unrared the the cbz/cbr files to check the jpg images and they are oriented correctly.

when i open the comic, the image is also fine. it's just the thumbnails of the covers that are incorrect.
    Haven't heard of that one, sorry. =(
    yes. i've unzipped/unrared the the cbz/cbr files to check the jpg images and they are oriented correctly.

when i open the comic, the image is also fine. it's just the thumbnails of the covers that are incorrect.
    This is very weird. Got a Dropbox account you can upload a few to and PM me a link?
    This is very weird. Got a Dropbox account you can upload a few to and PM me a link?
    Thanks. I'll try to get them to you in the next couple of days.
    I love the program just one thing that would make it great. I was wondering if there was a quick way to move to the next comic without having to close the comic then select the next one?
    nope, wish there was though.
    Thanks. I'll try to get them to you in the next couple of days.
    Ever get this to work, or did you give up?

Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I love the program just one thing that would make it great. I was wondering if there was a quick way to move to the next comic without having to close the comic then select the next one?
    I would love, love, love this feature as well.
    I got a fresh touchpad, completely wiped clean factory. Bought and install ComicShelf HD and I get the "Error - ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running."

I removed the app, reinstall, no luck. I reset the touchpad to factory again, no luck. When I plug it usb it doesn't even show a comics folder after the install... The app runs and circle spins for 5-10min before giving me the error.

Is there another part of software to be installed first??
    Not having a comic folder is very strange...so where are your comics now?

Aside from that, I generally see that error when there are incorrectly-formatted cbr/cbz archives that it can't handle. Let's figure out the folder thing first and then go from there.
    Not having a comic folder is very strange...so where are your comics now?

Aside from that, I generally see that error when there are incorrectly-formatted cbr/cbz archives that it can't handle. Let's figure out the folder thing first and then go from there.
    I didn't put comic on it yet... I figure I had to start the app first so it configures itself and give me a no comic message... but it just spins for 5-10min and give me the error.

I thought maybe it's because I didn't have any comics so I plug it in and saw no comic folder... I created one and put 1 cbr that works on 4 other devices I have and I got the same problem
    Scroll back through this thread - there are specific hoops to jump through to properly uninstall an app fully. I think you need to uninstall, do a FULL reboot - power off, then power on by holding power button and the homekey down for 15 seconds - let it boot, reinstall, do a regular reboot and then see if you have a comic folder.

Also, you said that it's a fresh TP and you wiped it - did you make sure that all updates were installed?

And, just to make sure - you are using a paid version of the app and not one of the free cracked versions, right?
    yes I purchased it thru the webstore on the touchpad. I'll go thru all the posts and try a bunch of well placed reboots like you mention