Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    I show his last post as nearly two months ago. Not sure if that means anything since he has school and all but sounds like the app may be dead. Hopefully it will just turn out he's been busy, he's made a lot of great apps and given great support.
    He's still alive on twitter, sounds like he hasn't given up on webos. Hopefully we'll still see some more updates soon, maybe one to fix the cbr/cbz readability when labeled wrong. =) Hope this semester went well for you Jason!
    Jason,
    Thanks for all your tireless effort on this wonderful app.
    Would it be possible to add support for .png files? Whenever I try to load a cbr containing one or more pngs I get a "corrupt or empty comic file" error. As a workaround I've been converting the offending files to jpgs and rebuilding the cbrs, but this is time-consuming. Could you please address this issue in a future update?
    Thanks,
    Robert
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by banthamilk View Post
    Jason,
    Thanks for all your tireless effort on this wonderful app.
    Would it be possible to add support for .png files? Whenever I try to load a cbr containing one or more pngs I get a "corrupt or empty comic file" error. As a workaround I've been converting the offending files to jpgs and rebuilding the cbrs, but this is time-consuming. Could you please address this issue in a future update?
    Thanks,
    Robert
    It does support png files. Only reason it'd give "corrupt or empty comic file" is if the archive was packed or sompressed in a nonstandard way; or perhaps the file itself was altered or truncated.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    So, Jason, you're alive. What's new and different with the app? Anything big on the horizon, or is it pretty much in a holding pattern now?
    Crap...this is what I get for coming back to the thread - I'm getting the "canuckcoding.comicshelf not running" error now. All comics. I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled...still got it.

I forget - what's the fix for this? I can't even get through a whole comic now.
    Have you tried deleting all the thumbnails? I don't think it will fix it but it's something to try.
    Yep, tried that as well.

I have not wiped the whole device as some have suggested, but that's really not something that I'm willing to do. That's a lot of re-installation of various things just to get one app to work.

Been smooth-sailing up until now.
    Maybe uninstall it, reboot a couple times to make sure the thing has forgotten about it(or even shut it down a few times or do a couple hard resets). See if it will install after that? Some setting is getting left behind otherwise it shouldn't be able to do that. That's all the ideas I have.
    I think I got it licked. Turns out it was a known problem I overlooked.

I had a number of files that the covers never generated for, but I discounted them because I thought they'd been there for a while. Opened them up and discovered that they had some wonky symbols in the files names. Bulk-renamed them, and now the covers pull in and there's no crashes.

Thanks for bearing with me until I smartened up.
    hahaha yeah that happens. Maybe we'll get an update to fix that. Haven't heard much from Jason other than that one response the other day though. I guess we'll wait and see.
    Well, this is annoying. Got a 32 GB to replace my 16. Everything works but ComicShelf. I get the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error. Tried removing, rebooting, and installing but still getting it.

Ideas?
    Hey Typo, W3idbrewer just had this issue and it was due to some of the comics on his touchpad. Maybe delete your comics folder and then see if the app starts?
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Hey Typo, W3idbrewer just had this issue and it was due to some of the comics on his touchpad. Maybe delete your comics folder and then see if the app starts?
    A good thought, but no love.
    Aside from just deleting the comic folder, are these the same comics that you had on the old one? If not, try them in small batches and see if there are any the covers don't pull in - that's what stymied me. Also, when you deleted and reinstalled the program, did you do a hard restart? (Hold power and home button together.)

Furthermore - just to double check - when you uninstalled, did you then delete the comic folder, reinstall to let it recreate the folder and transfer the files back in - or did you just overwrite the folder with a backup of the existing one? Finally, do the folders have less than 50 comics in them?
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Aside from just deleting the comic folder, are these the same comics that you had on the old one?
    Yup.

If not, try them in small batches and see if there are any the covers don't pull in - that's what stymied me. Also, when you deleted and reinstalled the program, did you do a hard restart? (Hold power and home button together.)
    Yes. Yes I did.

Furthermore - just to double check - when you uninstalled, did you then delete the comic folder, reinstall to let it recreate the folder and transfer the files back in - or did you just overwrite the folder with a backup of the existing one?
    There's something I missed. Will try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    There's something I missed. Will try it!
    Yeah, this program gets really cranky if you don't use the exact folder that it creates. Even over-writing it with another one that it created causes it to throw a fit. Would not be surprised if that turns out to be the issue.
    Zero love.

I even secure erased the entire system, had it NOT download apps or port my accounts back in, and only installed ComicShelfHD. Booted it up and got the same dang error message.
    Crap...I got nothing, buddy. This probably needs Jason, but I think he's moved on....
    Yeah, Jason has a lot of things on his plate.

ComicShelf was the one app I used constantly. I actually put ICS on last night, because if CS doesn't work...screw it.