Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1. Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaandu View Post
    Hi Jason,
    First of all, thanks! Great App! Lots of fun reading my comics on the touchpad with CSHD. I updated to the latest version from the HP catalog a couple of days back, but the issue that I'm seeing doesn't seem to go away.

I'm reading .cbz and .cbr comics (with jpgs) with about 45-65 pages each. They load fine, but while reading it would hang for a few seconds every few minutes and skip back a few pages when it comes unstuck from the hang. (swipe gestures don't do anything until after it becomes unstuck).

I got around this by minimizing(suspend) the app to the card view (either bezel-swipe-up or button-press) and maximizing the app again. When the app awakens, it jumps back to the current page. However, it still hangs for a couple of seconds or so before it responds to minimize and maximize. Having to do this every few minutes is a little bit annoying.

Is this a known issue? Is there some way to work around this?
    Thanks!
    Had a similar issue. The software that was causing the issue was Wall Switch. Evrytime the wall changed, it caused the freeze and displayed a page from a few pages back. I solve it by tpping the center of the screen.
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Yeah, it's a very big file. Since Jason has not responded to me regarding how long it took him to open the same file, I can only assume he also experienced a long delay.

Oh well...at least it opens now....which is the main thing.
    Sorry bout the delay in a response. Yea, it did take 3-4 minutes for me too. Each page is larger than 2MB and the overall comicsize is larger than 700MB so it's not overly unexpected. Though once loaded, page turning should be quick
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sorry bout the delay in a response. Yea, it did take 3-4 minutes for me too. Each page is larger than 2MB and the overall comicsize is larger than 700MB so it's not overly unexpected. Though once loaded, page turning should be quick
    Awesome, thanks Jason. Now that everything is going well, look forward to just enjoying the comics! I'm kind of obsessed with Silent Hill right now....lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Had a similar issue. The software that was causing the issue was Wall Switch. Evrytime the wall changed, it caused the freeze and displayed a page from a few pages back. I solve it by tpping the center of the screen.

That was one of the programs I uninstalled as well(wallpaper switchero or something like that) when I was having the issue. Haven't had the issue anymore. Good info Cha!
  5. Cha
    Yeah Wall Switch causes that little glitch with everything. Web pages will show something from a minute before (higher up the page or something). Kalemsoft Media Player will show a frozen image from a little while before or sometimes a ghost image of the volume in te middle. Either way, they only appear once after the program has been started and the can be solved by tapping the center of the screen.
    Before I do something silly like update my Touchpad - is this all good to go for the 3.0.5 update?
    What was new in 1.4.0? I think there's usually a "what's new!" dialog that displays when you first run a new version -- and I saw it for about a half second before it went away. (My guess: the "resume last comic" option trumps this dialog.)

It would be nice to be able to see it from the app menu.

Also, the "discussion forums" link in 1.4.0 is to an old hostname that no longer resolves.
    Jason,

If it is possible, I'd love to see the following added to the app:

1. If you had a comic open when you closed the app, the comic would be reopened at the furthest-read location upon relaunch of the app

2. When viewing the list of comics in the directory view, one would be able to determine which comics have been read in their entirety, which ones have been partially read, and which ones had not been read. If possible, it would be nice to have a progress indicator on those that have been partially read.

3. When opening a comic from the directory view, the comic opens up to the last-read page

Thank you for the great work you've put into this app!
    Keith Sheehan
    bikeguychicago, the program will already take you back to the page you were on when you closed the app. The section in "settings" has to be set to on for "auto resume when app is closed with comic left open" If you flick the app away while in a comic then relaunch the app it will be in the comic you were in on the page you were on. Hope that helps some.
    Jason,
    May I buy comicshelf direct from you? I live outside US and Hp app of my country only have free app. I do have paypal. BTW, sorry for my English.
    TIA
    Hi all--just bought the app and was wondering if there is anyway to hide the interface at the top and bottom (that displays the title and the navigation buttons)? As it stands I frequently have to adjust the page to read what is at the top or bottom. Without it the whole page would fit perfectly. Thanks!
    Once again, I really suggest we get a FAQ header on this long, long thread.

Standard question from everyone who buys this app: Just tap the center of the screen.

Welcome aboard.
    Yes, I agree on that big time. Some kind of first use popup or put a url to a little youtube walk-through or something. So many people don't know about(or complain about) the bars.
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Yes, I agree on that big time. Some kind of first use popup or put a url to a little youtube walk-through or something. So many people don't know about(or complain about) the bars.
    BTW, as of v1.4.0, first use of the app will bring up a popup with usage information, including how to toggle the top/bottom bars

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason, just a heads up but the cbz and cbr renaming issue still isn't working right. I had a couple files that were labeled as cbr that wouldn't open. Pulled them up in 7 zip, no naming issues in the file other than the fact that they were foldered inside the file. Changed the cbr to cbz and they both open fine.
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Jason, just a heads up but the cbz and cbr renaming issue still isn't working right. I had a couple files that were labeled as cbr that wouldn't open. Pulled them up in 7 zip, no naming issues in the file other than the fact that they were foldered inside the file. Changed the cbr to cbz and they both open fine.
    can ya PM me a link to where I can download that file?

Any ideas on the issue with that file Jason?
    Found one that makes the system actually reboot after it tries to load for 4 minutes or so. PM'ing you a link.
    Hi there, I love CS. But since I usually use it for Japanese manga, which has layout very different from western comics, I hope there are two features:

1) for a image with two facing sides, CS can auto-split it and view one side each time

or

2) CS can read from "corners" to "corners", for example, upper-right to lower-right to upper-left to lower-left.

I enjoy both features (and more) on a software called MangaMeeya on PC. Is it possible in the future versions, one of them can be added?

---
    BTW, a link for MangaMeeya is here, http://mangameeya.en.softonic.com/ , which is in English but misses a lot of useful feature of the Japanese/Chinese version...
    Great app! It's gotten me back into comics after years away. I've recommended it to all my friends with Touchpads.

If I could have any blue sky feature, (and this may not be easy or even possible) it would be to have landscape formatted pages - two page spreads, automatically display in landscape even if a reader is viewing in portrait.

Friends I've shown it to say they'd like page curls, but I think that's just a nicety.

Oh, and the tap-the-middle-of-the-screen to remove the header/footer is a very cool way of turning the header and footer on and off, but it's not very obvious. Given how much unused room there is in the footer, have you considered a button in the footer labeled "help" - which when selected would display a basic, text-only user guide?

Great App!