Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #621  
    The minor update is almost finished; I know I've said it before, but I'm 99% sure I fixed the large comic timeout issue. In fact, it took things a step further and added a "Cancel" button to the loading scrim, right below the spinner. Comes in handy when you accidentally open the wrong comic.

Right now I'm investing an issue I've found with the "Mark All Read" and "Mark All Unread" menu options that I've only recently observed
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hmm not used this app for a month or so and now every comic i open within a couple of minutes i get the canuck.coding error then the screen goes black and i have to restart the comic.If i unistall the app and re-install will i lose all my comics?or should i take the comics off my touchpad just in case
    thanks in advance
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjon29 View Post
    Hmm not used this app for a month or so and now every comic i open within a couple of minutes i get the canuck.coding error then the screen goes black and i have to restart the comic.If i unistall the app and re-install will i lose all my comics?or should i take the comics off my touchpad just in case
    thanks in advance
    uninstalling then reinstalling the app won't harm your comic files May also wanna try doing a device restart.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    uninstalling then reinstalling the app won't harm your comic files May also wanna try doing a device restart.
    yeah i did a device and luna restart,just moved all comics onto pc anyway just in case.Will delete and re-install the software now and hopefully that works.

Thanks for the app and all the work you put into webos too
    Just done all the above and i`m sure its working fine now canuckcoding.com error anymore.

p.s. just left you a small donation,not much but appreciate the apps you all do
    Quote Originally Posted by k0406115 View Post
    Hey, love the app but is is possible to manually assign a thumbnail image to a comic? For instance, place an appropriately named picture into a particular folder and it'll display as the thumbnail for the corresponding comic? I am a bit tired of staring at hourglass icons and thumbnails that randomly appear and disappear each time I open comicshelf and I've tried everything that's been suggested on this thread. I'm more than willing to just extract my covers manually and apply them!
    Jason,
    small question/comment on top of this one.
    Could you add a feature that shows an image for a folder, when there is already a thumbnail detected in that folder, or a folder.jpg file ?

I sort my comics per folder, so I don't see much, and in fact, would be happy just to see the folders showing a thumbnail for the comics inside it. (if there is a switch to use only the folder.jpg, this might be even quick to run).

Could you also think of a 'enable .pdf files' to view folders with .pdf (and then launch the PDF viewer when clicking?)
    Tx for your considerations

ps: I have a lot of timeout , ca.ca... service is not running I'm using a mounted share, so it's probably slower than what the app expects
    Last edited by migu_be; 12/24/2011 at 02:19 PM.
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Jason,
    small question/comment on top of this one.
    Could you add a feature that shows an image for a folder, when there is already a thumbnail detected in that folder, or a folder.jpg file ?
    I may add folder thumbnail setting in the future, but not for the next 2 updates at least.

And I've just submitted the first of my 2 holiday updates planned

v1.3.2 - Submitted December 26, 2011
    - Large comic file support fixed
    - Added a "Cancel" button to the comic loading screen to cancel opening a comic
    - Fixed "Mark All Read" and "Mark All Unread" options
    - Comics are now marked as read after extraction is finished, so cancelling mid-extraction won't leave it marked as read incorrectly
    - Added a "Set as thumbnail" option in the Page Options section of the appmenu when a comic is open
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/27/2011 at 10:28 AM.

yeahbowen and fuser-invent like this.
  8.    #628  
    As promised, I've started work on the next major update (and the last expected during holiday break), version 1.4.0.

The 3 main things i want to do for v1.4.0 are:
    - Fit-by-width/fit-by-height settings
    - Option for zoom level retention between pages
    - Fix the issue with mis-named comics not properly open (cbr named as cbz, and vice-versa).

So far I've got zoom retention working. I hope to have it done by the end of the week so I can spend the weekend and first half of next week on Internalz HD and ArchiveXtractor

Has anyone used comics from My Digital Comics in ComicShelf HD?

The reason I am asking, is that after purchasing some comics for my wife's iPad from Dark Horse Digital, I thought I would see how well the Touchpad displayed comics, so I downloaded some free samples from My Digital Comics in PDF format and fired up Adobe Reader...and they look like complete crap! The same comics look much nicer in my wife's iPad when opened in iBooks so I'm thinking it's an Adobe Reader issue?

Since My Digital Comics has the option to download in CBZ as well as PDF would the comics look better in ComicShelf HD?
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    How would they NOT look better in anything other than the garbage adobe reader that comes on these things. Comicshelf HD is a great reader and well worth the $2 fee.
    They will definitely look better in ComicShelf HD, but there are a bunch of patches for the PDF reader that someone packaged into an installable file that improve the image quality and a bunch of other things. You have to search for it on webosnation because its not available in the app catalog or preware.
    Thank you all for the replies...just wanted confirmation that it was an Adobe Reader issue.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  13.    #633  
    Having some annoying issues with getting zoom-lock to work work page swipes, so I'll be disabling/hiding it for the 1.4.0 update. However, fit-by-width and fit-by-height are working perfectly

fuser-invent likes this.
    Ok so I just got the 1.3.2 update, I am looking for the page options menu so I can set the current page as thumbnail... Where is the page options menu?
  15.    #635  
    Version 1.3.2 is now available on the App Catalog, and I've also submitted 1.4.0

Ok so I just got the 1.3.2 update, I am looking for the page options menu so I can set the current page as thumbnail... Where is the page options menu?
    When on the page you want, open the AppMenu. One entry will be called "Page Options", which includes options specifically for the current-displayed-page. Options like emailing, saving, setting as wallpaper, and now, with v1.3.2, "Set As Thumbnail".

The thumbnail option will only be shown if you have the thumbnail view enabled, naturally.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/04/2012 at 02:57 PM.

yeahbowen likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    looking forward to fit by width and height, will this be automatic or something we will need to configure with every book?
    You also need to turn off fullscreen mode so that you can access the pulldown menu, where the new option lives.

Of course it's still not working right yet for me, keeps giving me an error message.
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by reuelthomas View Post
    You also need to turn off fullscreen mode so that you can access the pulldown menu, where the new option lives.

Of course it's still not working right yet for me, keeps giving me an error message.
    Could you please tell me what the error is specially. None of my beta testers reported any issue, though lately most of them seem to be unresponsive in general

<ignore.. self answered by accident... it's a touchpad.. touch it and it works>

question:
    I just grabbed ComicShelf, and love it, but I have one question
    the title of the file I have open is partially masking the top of the comic making some of the dialog hard to read
    is there a way to adjust that?
    Last edited by sidotij; 01/04/2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: self answered
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    question:
    I just grabbed ComicShelf, and love it, but I have one question
    the title of the file I have open is partially masking the top of the comic making some of the dialog hard to read
    is there a way to adjust that?
    A single tap on the comic page will toggle visibility. I added a first-use popup to the upcoming 1.4.0 update to help new users out, so hopefully other new users won't have a learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by seritonin View Post
    looking forward to fit by width and height, will this be automatic or something we will need to configure with every book?
    It will be an option in the Settings screen that will apply to all comics.