Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    So to stay on thread, after WebOS doctor comicshelf is working well? (sorry about the other program, make sure you do all updates). Glad to hear that fixed the comicshelf stuff!
    Last edited by yeahbowen; 11/20/2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    So to stay on thread, after WebOS doctor comicshelf is working well? (sorry about the other program, make sure you do all updates). Glad to hear that fixed the comicshelf stuff!
    Hey YB....I did WebOS Doctor and also Preware. I still get timeout errors trying to load the big comics...only difference is the TP tries longer to try to load it and the error message happens a coupla minutes later than it usually does.

I am posting some stuff elsewhere in the forums, cause either WebOS Doctor or Preware ruined my web browser....I can no longer play most webstream videos.
    I'm sure the moderator will be saying it soon but it's probably time to start a separate thread for that one. As for the comicshelf timeout thing... I'm guessing future release will have more patches on that(only Jason will know that answer) but at least its other issues sound resolved. Now if it would all just play nice
    I'm sure the moderator will be saying it soon but it's probably time to start a separate thread for that one. As for the comicshelf timeout thing... I'm guessing future release will have more patches on that(only Jason will know that answer) but at least its other issues sound resolved. Now if it would all just play nice
    Yeah....the only reason I posted that other stuff is that Jason and the others seem really clued in on all the programming issues...thought I could save some time and post stuff here. I'll stay on topic from now on
    I am having some difficulty getting Comicshelf HD to work with the "Enyo Network Drive Mapper" app. Comicshelf can read the mounted directory but cannot open individual cbz files.
    At first, I had to set the permissions on my shared folder to allow Comicshelf to have write access (it created a ".data" folder). I then get a new error message when trying to read comic files "Unable to create extraction folder". Shouldn't having full permissions allow Comicshelf to create an extraction folder on the network?
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    In addition to the other probs:

I tried opening 'Zombie Recorded Attacks' (about 180 pages long) and it times-out.

Again, after a comic times out, the program is basically non-functional until a reboot. I try opening a smaller comic after a time out, and it opens BLACK. This is consistent with other problems users are having.
    Was this issue ever solved?

I just noticed that I am getting the same type of problem. I have been using the updated comicshelf hd for a few days now, reading 25-35 page issues with no problem but once I tried to open a large 200+ page file the program has been acting up. If I try opening a large file I get a "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" message, after it tries to load for a minute or more, and one of few things happens afterwards.
    1. The stop button stops working so I can't go back to the folders page.
    2. The stop button works but once in the folders page I can not click into another comic or sub folder.
    3. The stop button works, I can click onto another comic but it is stuck on the load phase or open to just black pages.
    After any of these events the program no longer responds correctly until either a restart or deleting the program and reinstalling it. So far it seems if I keep to normal small files after the restart the program continues to work correctly, which makes me not want to try big files anymore.

On a side note, is it normal that when I hook my touchpad up to USB mode it says I have 12.7gb? I have a 16gb touchpad and I could have sworn it use to say more than 12.7gb. I'm bring this up here only because I realized this after comicshelf hd froze my touchpad and I had to do a hard reset, but once it restarted I got a message that my touchpad was 90% full, even though it was never mentioned before that. It was feels like the restart takes noticeably longer now. Not sure if one thing has to do with the other. Should I Doctor my touchpad?

EDIT: After messing around with this for an hour it seems like my problem is limited to one specific comic that from what I can see is only different from the others in that it has png files with some jpg files. Does comicshelf support png files? Could that be the problem?
    Last edited by 3FLi; 11/21/2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Was this issue ever solved?

I just noticed that I am getting the same type of problem. I have been using the updated comicshelf hd for a few days now, reading 25-35 page issues with no problem but once I tried to open a large 200+ page file the program has been acting up. If I try opening a large file I get a "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" message, after it tries to load for a minute or more, and one of few things happens afterwards.
    1. The stop button stops working so I can't go back to the folders page.
    2. The stop button works but once in the folders page I can not click into another comic or sub folder.
    3. The stop button works, I can click onto another comic but it is stuck on the load phase or open to just black pages.
    After any of these events the program no longer responds correctly until either a restart or deleting the program and reinstalling it. So far it seems if I keep to normal small files after the restart the program continues to work correctly, which makes me not want to try big files anymore.

On a side note, is it normal that when I hook my touchpad up to USB mode it says I have 12.7gb? I have a 16gb touchpad and I could have sworn it use to say more than 12.7gb. I'm bring this up here only because I realized this after comicshelf hd froze my touchpad and I had to do a hard reset, but once it restarted I got a message that my touchpad was 90% full, even though it was never mentioned before that. It was feels like the restart takes noticeably longer now. Not sure if one thing has to do with the other. Should I Doctor my touchpad?

EDIT: After messing around with this for an hour it seems like my problem is limited to one specific comic that from what I can see is only different from the others in that it has png files with some jpg files. Does comicshelf support png files? Could that be the problem?
    I can't answer the png/jpg question but there hasn't been a ComicShelf update fixing the large comics problem. After testing out "Zombie Recorded Attacks" for TouchMe79, I had the same problems with smaller comics. The "service is not running" error and then a black screen, some comics would timeout and never open. Restarting touchpad did not solve the problem but deleting and reinstalling the app seems to have solved it so far.

Jason, I was wondering if there is a known page or size limit for large comics? In my testing in breaking down larger comics into smaller cbr or cbz files, it seems like the page limit on the few I tried is around 100 pages. I'm not going to attempt to open anything larger than that in ComicShelf and suggest that other people don't either until the problem is solved. For some reason, after failing to open larger comics, the app is essentially broken for even smaller 25 page comics until it is deleted and reinstalled.

I'm not sure I completely understand the free space question but the amount of free space on your Touchpad shrinking might be due to the image file cache for thumbnails if you have a lot of comics on there. After I've read a bunch of comics and delete them from my Touchpad, I always go into ComicShelf's options and delete the thumbnail cache. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that deleting the comic does not delete the thumbnail that was generated.
    The thing about free space on a 16gb drive is that it has formating done on it to make it usable plus the amount of bytes per meg(or mb per gb) is different. The bytes per mb is 1000 based on the drive manufactures data, standard formating has it at 1024 per mb. Obviously that makes for a big difference since that means almost around what 5-8% difference in size(tired, fuzzy math). A 16gb being a 12gb is about right, my 2tb drive only shows as a 1.8tb. Anyhow, it all boils down to useable space and no drive will actually give you the proper amount of space it lists because of formatting. Kind of like a blank page is 100% useable but to make it look proper you need to have all the lines and hole punches so even though it's the same size there is less useable space. To keep this all on topic: cbr/cbz files take up mb's. Many comics take up gb's =)
    No, my issues after trying to open big comics have not been solved. Basically, if the program gets 'hung up' trying to open a big comic and gives timeout errors, it will not open any other comics at all after that until I reboot the Touchpad.

After installing Preware, overclocking to 1.5, and performing TWO WebOS Doctor diagnostics, the only change I have noticed is that Comicshelf tries longer to open the larger comics and it takes longer for the error message to come up. But it still does not open the larger comics (I have tried a 180 page comic and 226 page comic, unsuccessfully).
  10. Cha
    I'd like to request a feature to be put back in- the ability to save an image. Making it the wallpaper is great, but I use wall switch and I'd love to have it put into the mix. If it is automatically saved into the wallpapers folder, great.
    Cha, I know it's more complicated but you could just open the file with winzip and extract the picture you want and do it that way. Not quick but not hard either.
    The thing about free space on a 16gb drive is that it has formating done on it to make it usable plus the amount of bytes per meg(or mb per gb) is different. The bytes per mb is 1000 based on the drive manufactures data, standard formating has it at 1024 per mb. Obviously that makes for a big difference since that means almost around what 5-8% difference in size(tired, fuzzy math). A 16gb being a 12gb is about right, my 2tb drive only shows as a 1.8tb. Anyhow, it all boils down to useable space and no drive will actually give you the proper amount of space it lists because of formatting. Kind of like a blank page is 100% useable but to make it look proper you need to have all the lines and hole punches so even though it's the same size there is less useable space. To keep this all on topic: cbr/cbz files take up mb's. Many comics take up gb's =)
    I understand that but for some reason I thought the touchpad was more in the 14gb range. I thought I lost a GB or two when comicshelf made it crash. I guess it was just my faulty memory, now I kind of wish I got the 32gb touchpad.

Good to know that its known issue and not my touchpad that is messed up. Since 99.9% of my comics are small single issues the problem isn't that big a deal to me, just means I have to be careful with importing large files and remembering to split them up. Great product regardless and I'm a big fan of the new "read and unread" feature.
    3FLi: An easy thing to do is search your comic folder on your PC for *.*, view it by size, find the handful of large files(I only have a few over 150mb) and then just break them up and you won't have to worry about it. If you read stuff that is crazy big you may have a lot more files than I do
    Fantastic App and I really appreciate that this has been developed for us. Thanks so much.

In the last two weeks or so, I have been experiencing an error where I am reading my comics and within about 30, maybe a minute, the screen goes black. If I tap the screen, the tools like the back button appear, but I have to go back to the comic list and reselect the comic. It restarts where it left off but the same thing happens again.
    What is going on?
    I'm sure someone else will suggest this but 1) uninstall 2) restart touchpad 3) re-install 4) enjoy because that will hopefully straighten it out
    I'm sure someone else will suggest this but 1) uninstall 2) restart touchpad 3) re-install 4) enjoy because that will hopefully straighten it out
    thanks I haven't done that yet but by de-selecting some of the setting options, it now works. I noticed that right before every blank screen, I get the error about , `can't connect to canuck service` something or other.
    Quote Originally Posted by injuis View Post
    I am having some difficulty getting Comicshelf HD to work with the "Enyo Network Drive Mapper" app. Comicshelf can read the mounted directory but cannot open individual cbz files.
    At first, I had to set the permissions on my shared folder to allow Comicshelf to have write access (it created a ".data" folder). I then get a new error message when trying to read comic files "Unable to create extraction folder". Shouldn't having full permissions allow Comicshelf to create an extraction folder on the network?
    Anyone else encounter this issue? I know the network mapper works as I can view movies and music through Kalemsoft and Touchplayer. Also, internalz displays the files as well.
    Furthermore, Comicshelf correctly displays the number of pages in each comic file. It just can't load the images. I've tried everything I can think of, any ideas will be appreciated!
    Hi,

I'd like to thank you for your work. Love the app. I'd like to know if it would be possible in future updates to add smb shares or if not possible some way of syncing comics to the comics folder.

Again thank you for this apps and the fact that you update it regularly.
  19. Cha
    Cha, I know it's more complicated but you could just open the file with winzip and extract the picture you want and do it that way. Not quick but not hard either.
    I Already have about 2000 pics on the TP (go Team 32GB), so I'm not too worried about going through the process. It was just a nice feature that used to be in the app. Actually, I'm not sure it isn't still in the app.
    I also get the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error. I know for sure it's not related to the size of the comic (one is a whole 12 pages at 2.1M). It's not just one file, I've tried a number of them and get the same error.

Usually I get the error right away and the comic won't load however there are a couple of comics that will open and display the pages for about a minute before the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error would come up I could continue reading for about 20 seconds before the screen went blank. When I'd reload the comic sometimes the error would come back right away and other times I could jump to the page I was reading and continue but the error would always come back and the screen would go blank, sometimes right away, other times I could get through a few more pages.