Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 801
Like Tree106Likes
  1. #541  
    Well, it seems that the latest update broke a lot of stuff, but for me, CSHD wasn't one of them.

    seriously, Jason - that marked-read feature is AWESOME!
  2. #542  
    Sympathize with the problems, I'd hate to have them, and didn't want to just post "I'm not having issues"; but just to maybe add to the collective thought process, I can let you know that I did not update to WebOS 3.0.4 and have stayed back on 3.0.2 with Uberkernel 1.5 (since I heard about the problems with the Touchstone, accelerometer, etc., I personally have no reason to upgrade until the next firmware is verified properly working). I have used the latest ComicShelf software update a lot, opening and completely reading through a number of 200+ page files, without timeouts, black pages, or reboots. I did get one error first time trying out the read/unread system, don't remember exactly what, but I just turned it off; and my TP gets shut all the way down almost every night so problems never returned. I do have cover thumbnails activated and working fine. Hope 'the Doctor' fixes what ails ya!
  3. #543  
    Makes for another, low-level question: is there any way to UNmark a comic if I accidentally open one I haven't read?
  4. #544  
    Cypher59: Haven't really had any issue with the 3.0.4 except with dosbox which is now completely broken. As for the touchstone I heard the rumors that it wouldn't work in a case now but my wife's charges just fine on the touchstone in the factory case. Uberkernal and Govnah also have updates that allow them to work on 3.0.4 so don't be to scared of it.

    TM79: You are still having lots of screwy issues on that thing that it seems nobody else is having(except the large file thing still being a bit hit and miss). Just wipe it out and start over, something else is screwing things up. As for the 32gb of space on the tablet, I'm no programer but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with how a comic or program opens just like the hard drive in your computer has nothing to do with it. The thing you're looking at is the RAM(or equivilent) which is only 1gb on the TP and that means your 250mb file is taking 25% of the ram which is a fairly large amount. I'm glad breaking it down is helping. Let us know if you wipe that bad boy and start it over, I'm pretty certain the problems will resolve themselves at that point.
  5. #545  
    There may be an issue with the 'Read/unread system' where files that have been read are later deleted.

    I deleted a directory (via USB mass storage mode) with ~70 comics which had been marked as read and the next time I opened ComicShelf the browser listed the directories under the main comics one but wouldn't navigate into any of them.

    Disabling the feature and restarting ComicShelf resolved the issue (restarting with it still enabled didn't).

    About 75% of the comics were marked as read using the 'Mark All Read' feature if it makes any difference.
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Fuser. Good insight, as always!

    Pretty frustrating that these huge comics can open just fine on my iPhone with Cloud Readers, but my tablet with 32GB and better processing can't open them. That's pretty sad.

    I have about 26 of the 32GB free on my Touchpad, so I am not clogging it up with stuff. The TP will occasionally get very slow though, for whatever reason. I am not sure what is causing it to be slow. It always slows up after ComicShelf times out, for whatever reason. I sometimes have to do a hard reboot after the program starts to time out, because it seems to affect everything else.

    I am no programmer, but I am curious if the latest WebOS updates for TP have anything to do with my issues. Like I said, before the latest 2 ComicShelf updates and the latest WebOS firmware, everything was silky smooth.
    Have you done all the tweaking in the "getting started" thread? I've found most of it to be really useful, overclocking seems to make things great to. I'm on the latest WebOS firmware and ComicShelf update. I don't know enough about programming to know why these larger comic books aren't working though. I just break them up into smaller ones because it doesn't take long and I'd rather use ComicShelf HD than one of the android readers on CM7. That little bar at the bottom of the screen in CM7 gets in the way and I like Jason's UI.
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Makes for another, low-level question: is there any way to UNmark a comic if I accidentally open one I haven't read?
    when you're in a comic, and have the read/unread system enabled, in the app menu, there will be an option to "Close & Mark Unread".

    In addition, in the file chooser (the main screen), there are option to mark all read or unread
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuser-Invent View Post
    Have you done all the tweaking in the "getting started" thread? I've found most of it to be really useful, overclocking seems to make things great to. I'm on the latest WebOS firmware and ComicShelf update. I don't know enough about programming to know why these larger comic books aren't working though. I just break them up into smaller ones because it doesn't take long and I'd rather use ComicShelf HD than one of the android readers on CM7. That little bar at the bottom of the screen in CM7 gets in the way and I like Jason's UI.
    Thanks for the tips. No, I haven't done all the tweaking cause I've always been kind of hesitant to do things like overclocking, etc. My feeling has always been that if the hardware isn't good enough out of the box, then something is wrong. In this case, I definitely will check it out though, just due to the sheer frustration of all this stuff with ComicShelf. It's seriously driving me crazy.

    Do you have a link to the 'getting started' thread?

    Gracias!
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Cypher59: Haven't really had any issue with the 3.0.4 except with dosbox which is now completely broken. As for the touchstone I heard the rumors that it wouldn't work in a case now but my wife's charges just fine on the touchstone in the factory case. Uberkernal and Govnah also have updates that allow them to work on 3.0.4 so don't be to scared of it.

    TM79: You are still having lots of screwy issues on that thing that it seems nobody else is having(except the large file thing still being a bit hit and miss). Just wipe it out and start over, something else is screwing things up. As for the 32gb of space on the tablet, I'm no programer but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with how a comic or program opens just like the hard drive in your computer has nothing to do with it. The thing you're looking at is the RAM(or equivilent) which is only 1gb on the TP and that means your 250mb file is taking 25% of the ram which is a fairly large amount. I'm glad breaking it down is helping. Let us know if you wipe that bad boy and start it over, I'm pretty certain the problems will resolve themselves at that point.
    Thanks, YB. Would you say that no one else is having these issues though? Several have complained about stuff going to Black, etc. The timeout issues are affecting not just the big comics but everything that comes after. Keep in mind, these are BIG comics. The Crumb file is 783MB. The Zombie Handbook: Recorded Attacks is about 280MB.

    Breaking down into separate files works well. But if I go out of the room for a coupla min and don't do anything, I get "program is not running" error messages or timeout error messages and have to reboot.

    Another interesting note: when re-packing the CBR files to RAR and renaming them back to CBR, the RAR icon remains and it doesn't switch to the CBR icon. Somehow, ComicShelf opens them anyway, which is good.
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Thanks, YB. Would you say that no one else is having these issues though? Several have complained about stuff going to Black, etc. The timeout issues are affecting not just the big comics but everything that comes after. Keep in mind, these are BIG comics. The Crumb file is 783MB. The Zombie Handbook: Recorded Attacks is about 280MB.

    Breaking down into separate files works well. But if I go out of the room for a coupla min and don't do anything, I get "program is not running" error messages or timeout error messages and have to reboot.

    Another interesting note: when re-packing the CBR files to RAR and renaming them back to CBR, the RAR icon remains and it doesn't switch to the CBR icon. Somehow, ComicShelf opens them anyway, which is good.
    I'm sorry you're having issues. All i can say is that I can't reproduce the timeout issue on the emulator or my touchpad. I'll try with larger files. If you'd like, I'd be willing to get you into my beta group; I may have a different route I can take to combat the timeout issue.

    And yea, zip and rar support was added a few versions back; as noted in the changelog popup
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm sorry you're having issues. All i can say is that I can't reproduce the timeout issue on the emulator or my touchpad. I'll try with larger files. If you'd like, I'd be willing to get you into my beta group; I may have a different route I can take to combat the timeout issue.

    And yea, zip and rar support was added a few versions back; as noted in the changelog popup
    Thanks, Jason. Absolutely, I accept your invite to the Beta group. Anything I can do to help...and also, hopefully get things running better for me.

    Let me know if you need my email address, etc.
  12. #552  
    Jason....I sent you my email address, thanks. For some reason, my sent email is not appearing in my Sent box.

    Let me know if you did not get it.

    Thanks...
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. No, I haven't done all the tweaking cause I've always been kind of hesitant to do things like overclocking, etc. My feeling has always been that if the hardware isn't good enough out of the box, then something is wrong. In this case, I definitely will check it out though, just due to the sheer frustration of all this stuff with ComicShelf. It's seriously driving me crazy.

    Do you have a link to the 'getting started' thread?

    Gracias!
    The getting started guide can be found here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

    It's easy, pretty quick and well worth it. I've had my touchpad running with all these tweaks for several months with no problems and it runs much better than it did out of the box.

    With .rar and .cbr thing with the icon not changing, it might be because you associated .cbr files with your .rar program. WinRAR for instance will recognize a .cbr as a .rar file. It's not a big deal, unless you are just adding .cbr to end of the file name and not actually changing the extension. To change the extension you need to go into folder options and click the option to show all file extensions. You can easily google the info for your particular operating system if you haven't done that. Or if you can't find it with google, just tell me your operating system and I'll write up a quick description on how to do it.
  14. #554  
    Thanks very much! Will definitely check it out!
  15. #555  
    Having huge issues today.

    I did WebOS Doctor and the App Catalog is gone after reinstall and reboot. It has the yellow ! sign next to it in SoftWare Manager and when I click on it, it takes me to the web and tries to do a search for Comcast???

    No earthly idea what is going on.
  16. #556  
    When you say "when I click on it" are you clicking on the name of the app on that line, or are you clicking on the actual yellow "!" symbol. Try clicking on that symbol only and it should ask if you want to retry downloading the app.
  17. #557  
    Phew....thanks so much Newman....it seems to be working now. DUH!

    thanks!
  18. #558  
    Let us know how it works after "going to the Doctor"
  19. #559  


    I'm mainly having issues now with the pReader program. When you load Native Preader, the regular preader does not open (and vice versa). Also, the Native one is very buggy and skips ahead like 30 pages at a time. I have to reboot to get either of them to open again after one of them has been opened.

    Thinking of deleting Preware....doesn't seem to have many major advantages. The TP doesn't appear to be much faster.
  20. #560  
    ** guys... please don't hijack a thread. Stay on topic - thanks!

Posting Permissions