Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Woot, looks like the 1.3.0 ComicShelf HD is live

Try restarting your device. If that doesn't fix it, may need to contact HP.

That is coming in a future update. I'm not sure which or when, as ArchiveXtractor and Internalz HD are 2 apps I really need to get released soon and I need to invest my time in that (as coding is done only in my free time as-is)
    Hey, love the app but is is possible to manually assign a thumbnail image to a comic? For instance, place an appropriately named picture into a particular folder and it'll display as the thumbnail for the corresponding comic? I am a bit tired of staring at hourglass icons and thumbnails that randomly appear and disappear each time I open comicshelf and I've tried everything that's been suggested on this thread. I'm more than willing to just extract my covers manually and apply them!
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by k0406115 View Post
    Hey, love the app but is is possible to manually assign a thumbnail image to a comic? For instance, place an appropriately named picture into a particular folder and it'll display as the thumbnail for the corresponding comic? I am a bit tired of staring at hourglass icons and thumbnails that randomly appear and disappear each time I open comicshelf and I've tried everything that's been suggested on this thread. I'm more than willing to just extract my covers manually and apply them!
    In a future version, I can add an option to the app menu, when viewing a comic, to set the current page as the thumbnail
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Correct! Silent Hill indeed. The first one opens but the rest in the series do not.
    I figured out your problem with the Silent Hill comics. Only the first issue is correctly archived. The rest of them have a folder directory inside the .cbr or .cbz archives and then all the pages are inside that folder.

To fix the problem you need to rename the file extensive to .zip or .rar, depending on what type it is. Extract the archive. Go into the folder that you just extracted and select all the pages. Re-archive those pages as a .zip or .rar and then rename the file extension to .cbr or .cbz.

An easy way to remember which is which extension: .cb(z) for .zip and .cb(r) for .rar.
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuser-Invent View Post
    I figured out your problem with the Silent Hill comics. Only the first issue is correctly archived. The rest of them have a folder directory inside the .cbr or .cbz archives and then all the pages are inside that folder.

To fix the problem you need to rename the file extensive to .zip or .rar, depending on what type it is. Extract the archive. Go into the folder that you just extracted and select all the pages. Re-archive those pages as a .zip or .rar and then rename the file extension to .cbr or .cbz.

An easy way to remember which is which extension: .cb(z) for .zip and .cb(r) for .rar.
    hmm, folders shouldn't affect thumbnail generation. I'll look into it

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5.    #505  
    After some investigation, I have have figured out a way to retain zoom as well as fit-to-width and fit-to-height. There's still a lot to figure out and work though, but I'm cautiously optimistic

bnyd and Silveradoguy85 like this.
    Sweet! Glad to hear about the zoom stuff. Just as a heads up, after I installed the update on mine I had no issue with it, installed the update on my wife's TP and it had a mojoerror no error message. Uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted a few times and it worked. Not sure what was going on though because CSHD would load, just couldn't get any comics to come up. I did see that mine is still doing the weird glitch where it will jump back a few pages. When it does that it doesn't actually lock it just turns off the turn page recognition. A single tap puts it back to the proper page and pulls up the menu bars. Weird. Love the program though, best webos app ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuser-Invent View Post
    I had several comics that were incorrectly titled as .cbr instead of .cbz and vice versa, .cbr is a .rar and .cbz is a .zip file. They would show up as the hour glass and not open, after changing the file extension to be correct they all worked.
    I saw this suggestion early in the thread but didn't know how to change the file extensions as the file type wasn't displayed in the file name. So I waited a long time for an update to fix the hourglass problem. I decided to revisit the suggestion when you posted this, figuring out that a simple change in the view setting will allow me to see file types, and now the entire volume 3 of The Authority is viewable. Thanks to all who suggested this!
    loving this app, but having a problem with the page order of a few comics, these were jpeg files and they worked fine on my wifes ipad 2, but had to clear up some space and transferred them to my touchpad. Now they don't seem to run in order even when I check the folder via the pc, they are in order 001,002 etc.
    any help as to why it is like this.
    thanks
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnie35 View Post
    loving this app, but having a problem with the page order of a few comics, these were jpeg files and they worked fine on my wifes ipad 2, but had to clear up some space and transferred them to my touchpad. Now they don't seem to run in order even when I check the folder via the pc, they are in order 001,002 etc.
    any help as to why it is like this.
    thanks
    can you email me one of the out-of-order comics? jason [at] canuckcoding [dot] ca

can you email me one of the out-of-order comics? jason [at] canuckcoding [dot] ca
    files are too big, even when compressed, but they are Watchmen and Give me Liberty
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnie35 View Post
    files are too big, even when compressed, but they are Watchmen and Give me Liberty
    could temporarily upload to a dropbox public folder or an online file share service (or even just email me a link to where you downloaded it from originally); Alternatively, you could PM (or email) me the full internal listing of files and folders within the archive. With that info I should be able to figure out the order issue

hmm, folders shouldn't affect thumbnail generation. I'll look into it
    This is the only comic series I've encountered with that problem. All other comics that have a folder within the archive load the thumbnails fine. Maybe it has something to do with the settings used to archive the Silent Hill comics or something, but extracting and re-archiving the comics without the folder solved the problem. It don't think it has anything to do with the thumbnail generation but was a problem with the actual archives, but I might be wrong.
    *UPDATE* Jason, that goofy flash to a different page thing happened to me in a different program today so it must be something my wife and I(and the other guy with same issue) have on our systems that is causing the issue. I know this happened around the time we upgraded to 3.0.4 so there must be something that is not agreeing. No point trying to troubleshoot on your end though, sorry if I had you digging all over to figure it out. When I said comicshelf HD is pretty much the only thing we use I wasn't joking
    I just did the most recent update and I have been getting black screens while reading comic books. Sometimes it happens after just two pages other times after 20 pages. I had turned on the new option that shows the issues you've read, but I have since turned that off. I haven't been able to find any reason why some comics stay loaded for longer then others.
    If I tap the screen I can "x" out of the comic and everything is like normal. Sometimes I can even go into another series and it will read fine. I've tried to do soft restarts and a full power down and restart, but the problem continues.
    Thanks!
    reuelthomas have you uninstalled the program, full restart of the device, then reinstall the program? I had to do that to make my wife's work properly after the update(different issue though).
    Installed the update and everything seems to work fine.
    Jason, I very much appreciate your regular updates! Thank you again!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    reuelthomas have you uninstalled the program, full restart of the device, then reinstall the program? I had to do that to make my wife's work properly after the update(different issue though).
    I will do that right now. Thanks!
    I mentioned recently in my PreCentral DevSpotlight interview that I'm working on TouchPad apps, including ComicShelf HD. Well, due to various reasons, it looks like ComicShelf HD is actually going to be my first Enyo rewrite to be released for TouchPad users!

Recently I've been making some good progress and wanted to share this teaser with you guys.

Click to view quoted image

No ETA. I don't like setting specific dates; it'll be released once it's complete and stable enough to my satisfaction

But given the speed of the progress, a first beta should be available for my beta tester group within the next 24-48 hours

EDIT: As of July 14th, ComicShelf HD is now in the App Catalog!

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...g.comicshelfhd
    Hey Jason, managed to get all but one of my thumbnails showing up. You mentioned that the ability to manually apply a thumbnail from within the app might be added in a future update, but I'm just wondering where the thumbnails are cached to? I've peeked around inside the .thumbs folder on my touchpad and seen that there are a lot of subfolders with thumbnails for each of the covers in, I have tried to put the front cover of the one comic that doesn't display a thumbnail in each of the empty folders in the .thumbs folder but no dice. Is there any other way to manually apply a thumbnail by putting it in the right place?
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by k0406115 View Post
    Hey Jason, managed to get all but one of my thumbnails showing up. You mentioned that the ability to manually apply a thumbnail from within the app might be added in a future update, but I'm just wondering where the thumbnails are cached to? I've peeked around inside the .thumbs folder on my touchpad and seen that there are a lot of subfolders with thumbnails for each of the covers in, I have tried to put the front cover of the one comic that doesn't display a thumbnail in each of the empty folders in the .thumbs folder but no dice. Is there any other way to manually apply a thumbnail by putting it in the right place?
    Not easily, as the file location is only 1 part; the saved database of keys-to-files are also stored, along with what comics the thumbnails correspond to, folder structure heirachy, and comic size (in the even you replace a comic with another with the same name, so it rechaches said thumbnail).

At this point, it'll be best to wait until I add the feature, which will hopefully be the next version update or the one right after

Afraid the 1.3.0 update is giving me fits. I too am having the black pages issue. Usually after I read a page or two I will get the message "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd service is not running" and the page will go black. The only way to recover is to exit the app and go back in, where the problem will immediately return.

Turning off the option to display thumbnails seems to alleviate the problem.

Rebooted multiple times, deleted the app and reinstalled but problem remains.
    I am on WebOS 3.0.4.

Any thoughts?