Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 801
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    Hey Jason, will the new patch have a fix for the pages jumping backwards and locking up at random?
    you're the first to report that and I'm unable to recreate it. Try doing a reboot, maybe there's some other non-related background process causing using up the processor
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  2. #482  
    I posted it a page or two back and someone else said it happened to them too. I don't really do anything but read comics and I have rebooted it. It seems after reading a few issues I can be on page 18 and without touching anything it will jump to page 5, freeze up, then after 30 seconds or so it will go back to where it was. I've had this happen with multiple comics from different scanners and my wife has also had it happen. Nothing else running on the system other than the 1.5ghz kernal, tap splash removal, make it so..., govnuh. Think that's about it. I don't really use any other apps. Not sure if it was the 3.0.4 update or the update to the latest version of comicshelf HD because we did both at the same time. Here's my original post about it.

    From 10/29: "Weird thing we noticed the last few days is that once in a while reading the page will change itself to a previous page and then get stuck and then kind of sort itself out after 30 seconds or so? Hadn't seen that happen until after the 3.0.4 update so not sure if it's something to do with that. Happens on mine and on my wife's."
    Last edited by yeahbowen; 11/06/2011 at 12:21 AM.
  3.    #483  
    After some complications with large files that take longer than 30seconds to extract, I've got it working. Confirmed by repeatedly opening a 357mb sized comic

    I'll be submitting ComicShelf HD v1.3.0 later tonight to the App Catalog
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #484  
    Hey Jason,
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not - I've been offline for a while. I found the bug in which comics can/can't be opened via Internalz.

    I had a comic with a # symbol in the name. When I tapped it to open, it said it could not find an application.
    As soon as I renamed the file to skip the # symbol, it worked. I haven't tested if it is specifically the #, or any special character.
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkreifus View Post
    Hey Jason,
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not - I've been offline for a while. I found the bug in which comics can/can't be opened via Internalz.

    I had a comic with a # symbol in the name. When I tapped it to open, it said it could not find an application.
    As soon as I renamed the file to skip the # symbol, it worked. I haven't tested if it is specifically the #, or any special character.
    I'll look into it; though as Internalz and Internalz Pro are phone-specific appps, ComicShelf HD intergration was never really a fully-intened/finished feature. I'll need to look into that for Internalz HD though, definitely, so thanks for the heads-up



    Also, I've just now submitted the ComicShelf HD 1.3.0 with this changelog:

    v1.3.0 - Nov 8, 2011
    - Improved handling of large comics
    - Optional read/unread management system
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yeahbowen likes this.
  6. #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    After some complications with large files that take longer than 30seconds to extract, I've got it working. Confirmed by repeatedly opening a 357mb sized comic

    I'll be submitting ComicShelf HD v1.3.0 later tonight to the App Catalog
    Jason, thank you VERY MUCH!! Look forward to the new DL....
  7. #487  
    Jason, here is what it looks like when some of the comics show an hourglass icon...even though they are relatively small files (all less than 30MB). The strange thing is that when you open the comics, the main page that SHOULD be the thumbnail image appears.

    As you can see, only the first thumbnail in the folder appears. The rest just show hourglass icons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Jason, here is what it looks like when some of the comics show an hourglass icon...even though they are relatively small files (all less than 30MB). The strange thing is that when you open the comics, the main page that SHOULD be the thumbnail image appears.

    As you can see, only the first thumbnail in the folder appears. The rest just show hourglass icons.
    Have you tried opening the first comic that doesn't load? Also, have you tried clearing the thumbnail cache from the settings screen?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9. #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Have you tried opening the first comic that doesn't load? Also, have you tried clearing the thumbnail cache from the settings screen?
    Yes, I did open the first comic that wasn't loading and it opens just fine...and it displays the main picture that should be displayed as a thumbnail (as the only displayed comic does). All the comics with the hourglass symbol open just fine....they just don't show any thumbnails...which is odd.

    I will try clearing the cache as you suggested....and see if this helps. Thanks....
  10. #490  
    I have a problem, all of my comics appear with the hourglass icon. I have opened all of them and the cover page appears, they all open fine and there are only 6 comics in my comics folder. They are all fairly small files, the largest is about 50mb. I have turned the thumbnail view on and off, I've cleared the thumbnail cache and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to get my thumbnails to appear.
  11. #491  
    Jason, I cleared the thumbnail cache and it still did not fix the hourglass issue. Not sure why this is happening....maybe due to the sheer # of comics in the folder???
  12. #492  
    k0406115 and TouchMe79, if you've gone through all the regular steps of restarting the device, making sure there are less than 50 comics in a folder and clearing the thumbnail cache, it might be a problem with the files.

    I had several comics that were incorrectly titled as .cbr instead of .cbz and vice versa, .cbr is a .rar and .cbz is a .zip file. They would show up as the hour glass and not open, after changing the file extension to be correct they all worked.

    The other issue I ran into was special characters in the titles of the comics within the .zip and .rar files. Those comics would not create a thumbnail but would open in Comic Shelf. I renamed the files inside the comic and the thumbnails showed up. You might also want to check to see if the images inside the .cbr or .cbz files are a type that is not supported by Comic Shelf.
  13. #493  
    Thanks Fuser. All those files actually do open when I try to....they just don't display any thumbnails.

    I will try renaming the extensions....thanks!
  14. #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Thanks Fuser. All those files actually do open when I try to....they just don't display any thumbnails.

    I will try renaming the extensions....thanks!
    If you have winRAR, you can open the comic files and it will tell you whether its a .zip or a .rar file. Also if you want to tell me what comics you are having the problem with I can take a look. The picture you took was a little hard to read, it looked like maybe Silent Hill?
  15. #495  
    Jason, there wasn't some problem with your update getting to the catalog was there? I always appreciate your heads up here that you sent it in, just don't remember there being so many additions to the catalog last time before yours showed up. I'll be the one to say it, it's been a long time coming! I use your app almost every day, and patiently await an upgrade that allows me to read thru a whole folder of issues without having to close each comic and reopen the next one (in other words, toggle a menu option so that turning past a last page will automatically go to page 1 of the next file). Would you be able to tell me if the next update will include this feature? Thanks for everything!
    yeahbowen likes this.
  16. #496  
    "in other words, toggle a menu option so that turning past a last page will automatically go to page 1 of the next file"
    I had been thinking of a way for that to be feasible(less buttons than going to the folder, scrolling, opening) and I think you hit it right on the head! Hope that makes it into a future update!
  17. #497  
    Hello, I love the app, but when I tried to update it the other night, I got a "download failed" message, and the app will no longer load. Does anyone know what causes this and how to cure it? Thanks in advance.
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuser-Invent View Post
    If you have winRAR, you can open the comic files and it will tell you whether its a .zip or a .rar file. Also if you want to tell me what comics you are having the problem with I can take a look. The picture you took was a little hard to read, it looked like maybe Silent Hill?
    Correct! Silent Hill indeed. The first one opens but the rest in the series do not.
  19.    #499  
    Woot, looks like the 1.3.0 ComicShelf HD is live


    Quote Originally Posted by GitEmSteveDave View Post
    Hello, I love the app, but when I tried to update it the other night, I got a "download failed" message, and the app will no longer load. Does anyone know what causes this and how to cure it? Thanks in advance.
    Try restarting your device. If that doesn't fix it, may need to contact HP.


    Quote Originally Posted by cypher59 View Post
    I use your app almost every day, and patiently await an upgrade that allows me to read thru a whole folder of issues without having to close each comic and reopen the next one (in other words, toggle a menu option so that turning past a last page will automatically go to page 1 of the next file). Would you be able to tell me if the next update will include this feature? Thanks for everything!
    That is coming in a future update. I'm not sure which or when, as ArchiveXtractor and Internalz HD are 2 apps I really need to get released soon and I need to invest my time in that (as coding is done only in my free time as-is)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yeahbowen likes this.
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by GitEmSteveDave View Post
    Hello, I love the app, but when I tried to update it the other night, I got a "download failed" message, and the app will no longer load. Does anyone know what causes this and how to cure it? Thanks in advance.
    Try uninstalling the app and then downloading and installing it again. That solved the problem for me.

Posting Permissions