Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by zerenx View Post
    Hi, has there been a fix regarding this problem? I hate having to rename the files in the subfolders because Comicshelf 1.2.1 couldn't sort and display the files in the correct order.

Is it fixed in 1.2.2? I've upgraded but haven't tried it again.

Thanks
    that hasn't been fixed, and is on a to-do list, but with no ETA yet, as that's a low-level issue, and the only quick-fix causes problems in several other cbr/cbz files. I may add a user-settable option to enable/disable the current "strict archive extraction", as that'd be the only do-able workaround at the moment, but that'll need to wait until the update after next (as the next one is planned out already)
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/26/2011 at 01:03 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Out of all the comics I have I don't think I have any with folders in them, is that normal? Sounds more like a zip or rar that instead of being extracted just had the extension changed. Maybe it's normal in something other than what I read. Hm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    how about having an option for having read comics to be dimmed, or a darker grey text, the also have "mark all read" and "mark all unread" items in the app menu? Sound in the realm of what you guys had in mind?
    that's exactly what i had in my mind - dimmed or darker grey text of the issue number below the thumbnail. but how to mark it "read" or "unread"? buttons down at the bottom where the "Close" and page nav buttons are or up at the top if it'll get too crowded.
    I think a fair question will be if it will forget what has been read(or accessed) every time we connect it to a pc? It can never see any files in the comics folder if I have used it in usb drive mode so will it also forget what we've read? Or is that issue something fixable in a future update?
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbowen View Post
    I think a fair question will be if it will forget what has been read(or accessed) every time we connect it to a pc? It can never see any files in the comics folder if I have used it in usb drive mode so will it also forget what we've read? Or is that issue something fixable in a future update?
    If you mean the issue where comics can't get detected in ComicShelf HD,that bug was fixed way back in v1.2.0.

And yes, it will be fine after USB Mode. Similar yo how I assign/lookup thumbnails, I'll probably have it cross-reference by filepath and file size to determine read-status.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

yeahbowen likes this.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by webbea View Post
    that's exactly what i had in my mind - dimmed or darker grey text of the issue number below the thumbnail. but how to mark it "read" or "unread"? buttons down at the bottom where the "Close" and page nav buttons are or up at the top if it'll get too crowded.
    I was thinking of having it in the style of email and other kinds of readers I've used and just have it mark as read once opened

Nevermind. I just checked on my wife's TP and it didn't show any comics after the disconnect(left the program open). Closed the program and reopened it and everything is there. Guess I just never realized it was fixed and kept rebooting the TP instead of comicshelf. Hey! Thanks for the fix! Hah, I missed that one.
    "I was thinking of having it in the style of email and other kinds of readers I've used and just have it mark as read once opened" Fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I was thinking of having it in the style of email and other kinds of readers I've used and just have it mark as read once opened
    but what if you're only halfway finished with the comic, tpb, or graphic novel and may not return to it for a few days? one might jump to the next comic, forgetting that he/she still has half of the previous issue to finish. it's not read until it's completely read.
    Hey Jason, I love your app; it is pretty much the reason I obtained a touchpad in the first place. I have just a couple of points to make that I haven't seen addressed after looking through (most of) the forum:

I prefer to to view the comics horizontally. As such, after every page flip, I have to double-click to zoom the page into focus. Is there anyway you can format your program with an added option, so the user doesn't continually have to double-tap after every page? After zooming once, the entire book should automatically be formatted into that same close-up, rather than having to re-zoom for each page.

Also, when attempting to load a 200+ page trade paperback, the program would continually time out before the lengthy comic was ready to load. I ended up having the divvy up the comic into 3 pieces in order to view it with the tp.

All in all, I'm very pleased with your app; my favorite app hands down. These were just the two minor complaints that I've faced and thought maybe could be addressed.
    Just checked on what b_lizen1 was saying about the large comics. Just opened my largest comic (197mb 285pgs) errored out the first time, opened it again and it loaded in about 45 seconds. X'd it out and opened it again, no issue. Closed the whole program, opened it back up and it worked fine. Not sure what the issue was, the error said " Error ca.canuckcodig.comicshelfhd.service is not running. OK"
    Probably asking a lot of any comic reader to do something that big.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_lizen1 View Post
    I prefer to to view the comics horizontally. As such, after every page flip, I have to double-click to zoom the page into focus. Is there anyway you can format your program with an added option, so the user doesn't continually have to double-tap after every page? After zooming once, the entire book should automatically be formatted into that same close-up, rather than having to re-zoom for each page.
    I wanted to make the same request. I love the app but I find myself having to zoom in after every page turn. If you could find some way for the app to maintain its zoom from page to page that would be super helpful. Love the app, thanks.
    Weird thing we noticed the last few days is that once in a while reading the page will change itself to a previous page and then get stuck and then kind of sort itself out after 30 seconds or so? Hadn't seen that happen until after the 3.0.4 update so not sure if it's something to do with that. Happens on mine and on my wife's.

UPDATE: Not sure if everyone has seen this yet or not but Jason is highlighted in the missing October issue of Pivot. Here is the link.
    http://www.webosroundup.com/wp-conte...p4_usen_39.jpg
    Last edited by yeahbowen; 10/29/2011 at 08:06 AM.
    fuser-invent likes this.
    Jason,

Love the app but I have a few requests:

1. Allow viewing of image files in folders, i.e. mangas that aren't in cbr or cbz format. Along with this would need the option to hide the comics folder from webos (.comics folder?) so that the picture app isn't all cluttered with comics.

2. Improve thumbnail generation. I have had multiple issues with the app crashing and thumnails never being generated. I understand there is some issue with large numbers of files in the same directory but is it possible to fix this or somehow break up the files in the folder into separate lists and then iterate through them during thumbnail generation to avoid crashing?

3. Better handling of large files. They often cause the app to crash.

4. True full screen support or sustained zoom as others have mentioned.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    <can you set it> to have the option to do a locked fit width on your app with scrolling. I like this app and I read allot on it but my main problem is it doesn't use the whole screen and only does fit height with no option to fit width.

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/01/2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: rude
    Jason....since installing your update, I am having many issues. Comics that used to load do not anymore and I am getting "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhdservice is not running.' At other times, I get timeout errors. Also, some folders display all the jpeg thumbnails....some mysteriously don't. But when I click on the 'hourglass' symbol for the comics...the thumbnail then does appear.

Did I read correctly that I should uninstall and reinstall this program? Will it charge me again...since I paid once before?

Please help....thx
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Did I read correctly that I should uninstall and reinstall this program? Will it charge me again...since I paid once before?
    Might help, yea. No, it won't charge you again if you've already bought it. The App Catalog will list it as a free download as you've already bought it

I'm hoping for the read/unread system update to submitted by this weekend. WebOS Theme Builder and school have kept me busy; I make no apologies about that.

After this update, the next updates will be more about improving core usability and looking into width-fit, zoom retention, etc.. I'm hoping Palm will relax their service jail limits next OTA update to allow extractfs access within the service; that would massively improve the thumbnail generation.

Jason, I deleted the program and immediately reinstalled and get some sort of "Mojo" error. I exited the program quickly, so did not see the entire error message. Did you say to reboot after uninstalling...THEN to reinstall?

Am now on the 3rd reinstall....rebooted first...then will try again.
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Jason, I deleted the program and immediately reinstalled and get some sort of "Mojo" error. I exited the program quickly, so did not see the entire error message. Did you say to reboot after uninstalling...THEN to reinstall?

Am now on the 3rd reinstall....rebooted first...then will try again.
    yea, uninstall, device reboot, then reinstall

Jason, I'm sorry to say....I'm just not having much luck.

I uninstalled.....rebooted....and reinstalled. The 226-page comic that used to load within 60 seconds or so (before your latest update) is now not loading at all. The circle just spins and spins and I get the same error as before: "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhdservice is not running."

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to work for me.

A real shame....as this was a good looking program.

PLEASE try to come up with a fix....as the program is just not working at all for me right now.