Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    I'm in heaven now.
    The developer just submitted it a few days ago (the Palm team reviews apps before putting them up).
    Good stuff. I'll take it!
    <threads merged>
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyWack View Post
    Does this update include an option to remove the top & bottom menu/statusbars? I also find them SUPER annoying....
    Have been able to do that since day 1 by tapping on the comic image
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Silveradoguy85 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Have been able to do that since day 1 by tapping on the comic image
    I had to tap a few times (stupid screenprotector), but it works!
    Any chance of fixing the integration with Internalz pro? Some of the comics load right up from any folder, others give the standard internalz error.
    Im sure it has been mentioned, but any chance of a "mark as read" status box or something? This is probably the only thing not making this my favorite app for any platform.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
  9.    #429  
    Just a heads-up, I'm busy with midterms this week, which is why I've been mostly absent from the forums and haven't even updated my webOS 3.0.4 patches yet.

My goal is to get another update submitted this weekend. I'll post the finalized update feature list on Friday night hopefully

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Bassmanspiff and cypher59 like this.
    my wish list for future updates:

mark as read/all read, clear mark/all marks
    next comic and previous comic buttons

resolution to the hourglass issue. cbr files that are viewable on my laptop are showing the hourglass and "Error: empty or corrupt file", even with the latest update. if anyone has a resolution to this, please let me know.
    yeahbowen likes this.
    Hé jason! Can you fix the accent problem in next update?
    it should be the encodage like utf-8.
    I can't read many comics and when i click on the hourglass frozen which replace picture, its freeze the apps....
    Same on list mode.
    Hi Jason,

Any chance you could add support for .pdf and .djvu documents? This would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Hi Jason,

Any chance you could add support for .pdf and .djvu documents? This would be awesome!
    you can use a program called pdftocbr, I use it with magazines that come in PDF format, adobe PDF is pretty bad for files with pure images, so I convert them all to the and works perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by webbea View Post
    my wish list for future updates:

mark as read/all read, clear mark/all marks
    next comic and previous comic buttons
    Seconded, especially the marked-read.
    yeahbowen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscalderonh View Post
    you can use a program called pdftocbr, I use it with magazines that come in PDF format, adobe PDF is pretty bad for files with pure images, so I convert them all to the and works perfect.
    Looks like that is a windows app. Are you aware of a macos app? I guess I could always vmware...
    A great app, just bought it. Really would like to see a bookmark option though. Auto-resume is good for when reading just one comic, but when I want to close a comic and open another one I lose my place in what I was reading! Would be nice to have auto-resume when moving between comics.

Thanks Jason!! Looking forward to more updates.
    I really love the "mark read" idea. Anything saying it was accessed by comicshelf would be fantastic! I'm going through daredevil right now and keep forgetting what issue I'm on. I've started closing them on the next issue so it comes up right but some of the restarts/updates/etc make it forget. Then I forget Thanks man, wasn't a big fan of this app to start with but my wife and I now love it! Put it on my dad's TP as well. I think it's the only app he's bought.
  18.    #438  
    how about having an option for having read comics to be dimmed, or a darker grey text, the also have "mark all read" and "mark all unread" items in the app menu? Sound in the realm of what you guys had in mind?

And in case you guys were wondering why I haven't been around much in the last week, last week were my first 3 midterms, and this week I have 1 school assignment and my last midterm to do. However, I hope to finish up my WebOS Theme Builder update as well as this ComicShelf HD update ready for this weekend.

Having the text in a different color(hopefully one that is noticeable at med brightness as well as full brightness) sounds great! I don't need anything fancy just something to differentiate read vs. unread. FWIW WebOS just shoved its 3.0.4 update onto my system and comicshelf hasn't had any noticeable changes so that's good. Dosbox isn't liking it but other than that everything seems ok. Hope the midterms are going well, you'll love being out of college
    Quote Originally Posted by reil View Post
    this is the first app i bought after getting my touchpad but the order it displays things makes this near useless for me.

i read more manga scanslations than comics, so i have cbz/cbr of a top level folder (volume 1/2/3/4/n) that contains subfolders of the chapters (chapter 1/2/3/4/5/n). comicshelf doesn't pay attention to the subfolder order but something else, which i think is the order of the filenames inside the subfolders. this causes the chapters to be displayed in out of order sequence. other comic readers, like cdisplay, xee, comicglass, comiczeal respect the folder order, this is the first time i've had problems with subfolders.

here's an example cbz i made to illustrate:
    test volume.cbz

it has 3 files in it:
    test volume/chapter 1/one.jpg
    test volume/chapter 2/number 2.jpg
    test volume/chapter 3/3.jpg

comic shelf will display 3 then 2 then 1.
    Hi, has there been a fix regarding this problem? I hate having to rename the files in the subfolders because Comicshelf 1.2.1 couldn't sort and display the files in the correct order.

Is it fixed in 1.2.2? I've upgraded but haven't tried it again.

Thanks