Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Is there any reason why specific .cbr or .cbz files show as being empty or corrupt. I can open these archives fine with other applications on the PC, but they do not open on the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by armor78154 View Post
    Is there any reason why specific .cbr or .cbz files show as being empty or corrupt. I can open these archives fine with other applications on the PC, but they do not open on the Touchpad.
    meh that happens to me too every now and then, get a different comic or convert it cbz to cbr or cbr to cbz should work then. Some i actually unrared and just read the pictures.

JASON: your app is awesome. i downloaded cyanogen mod and installed comicrack, pviewer, droid viewer, and jjviewer. I think your app is way better! You should make a version for android.

Comicshelf runs way smoother, scrolls better, looks better.
    Also, the webos environment is way more fun having multiple cards open etc. Just wanted to say good job and thanks again!

--> we just all need to find a solution for fit to width. i am thinking about it
    I can try converting the archives from .cbr to .cbz and vice versa, but does anyone know why is this happening so I can avoid it in the future? It seems very random.
    The files having problems were originally archived as a .zip archive and not a .rar archive. Does that matter?
    Can we get the ability to set a thumbnail for folders? Using the thumbnail of the first comic from that folder as the folder thumbnail would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by armor78154 View Post
    The files having problems were originally archived as a .zip archive and not a .rar archive. Does that matter?
    If it helps at all .cbr is the same as .rar and .cbz is the same as .zip, maybe the .rar you have was accidently named .cbz instead of .cbr?
    Is there a fix for the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error? I get this every time I open a comic. I only have a handful of them, so I'm nowhere near the 50 comic / directory limit.
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjak View Post
    Is there a fix for the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error? I get this every time I open a comic. I only have a handful of them, so I'm nowhere near the 50 comic / directory limit.
    For the record, 50 comic / directory limit isn't a limit per say, but a suggestion for optimum performance, and even then, only for when thumbnail shelf view is enabled.

What filesize is the comic you're trying to open? Also, try uninstalling, rebooting your device, then reinstall.

Also, everyone, I've just submitted my update for this week v1.2.2

v1.2.2 - Submitted Oct 14, 2011
    - Tapping left/right 20% to change page is now an option that can be disabled on the settings screen if you desire
    - Added the option to have the viewer's background be black rather than the neutral dark default
    - Improved scroller resetting
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    You can get fit-to-width by setting Flex=0 and Height=<something sufficiently large> (depending on the aspect ratio of the comic in question) for ImageView.

Using something "too large" for height will result in the initial view starting with the page pushed downwards, with an empty <background color> space on top (though you can scroll the page upwards as usual).

Using a moderate (but higher than 100%) value for height, this can also be used to get rid of unwanted whitespace at the bottom of a page, and correspondingly increasing the zoom of the page so that you take advantage of more of the horizontal space.

Unfortunately the page isn't centered vertically when doing this, so you don't get rid of any whitespace on the top by doing this (though maybe there's a way to center it?).

Are there any downsides to using Flex=0?
    Hmm. You can add a (*negative*) Top value to the ImageView style in order to get rid of whitespace on the top of an image (also allowing you to use a larger height and getting a higher effective zoom), but doing so means that you have to drag the image down and *hold* it there if you want to see whatever is cut off on top.

Using this combination you can get rid of unwanted whitespace, *but* since different comics can have different amounts of whitespace, there's no (combination of) setting(s) that is "ideal" for *all* comics.

I don't suppose it would be possible to get a setting for this, so that we manually can set a "zoom" level that would be appropriate for a given comic?
    Regarding the fit-to-width issue, I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but how about an option of letting the zoom level "stick" from page to page?

Meaning that we, the reader, manually zoom in for the first page, and then, the program just keeps that zoom level for the rest of the comic (unless we decide to manually zoom in/out ourselves)? The page dimensions within a comic aren't likely to vary too much, except for spread pages.
    I've been playing around with this a bit more, and it's working great.

As long as you set flex=0 in the imageView initialization (you can also set a different default "zoom" level here with height and top if desired), you can make on the fly "zoom" changes with .setStyle and .resized. For instance, if you wanted height to be 110% and top -50px, you'd use:

this.$.imageView.setStyle("width:100%; height:110%; top:-50px; background-color:#000000;");
    this.$.resized();

The only problem is that you first need to set up the "zoom" level settings (decide which values of height and top you want). You could read them from the prefs, but then you'd first need a way to enter them.
    I tried a ZIP archive that had be renamed as both .cbr and .cbz and found it was not recognized by the application. I received the empty or corrupt message. When I renamed the archive to a ZIP file and then extracted the files, I rebuilt the archive as a RAR file. When I renamed this archive to .cbr, the application opened it without a problem.
    Hey all, I don't know if my cbz is too big, but I am getting this error:

"ca.canuckcoding.comifshelfhd.service.... (rest is off screen) is not running"

I'll try splitting the cbz to see if that helps.

Edit: yep, splitting it helped. For reference, my original had about 700 pages.
    Last edited by firehawk12; 10/17/2011 at 12:19 AM.
    Hi, I can't read comic with accents in title or in files!
    Can you fix that in future update?
    thx
    Jason,

I couldn't seem to find a way to view a multi-page page panel in either landscape or portrait mode. Is this possible?

If not, I'd like to submit this as a feature request for a future update.

Love the app so far. It's so much easier to read comics on a 10" screen than on my rooted Nook .

Thanks!
    Keith Sheehan
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

- Tapping left/right 20% to change page is now an option that can be disabled on the settings screen if you desire
    - Added the option to have the viewer's background be black rather than the neutral dark default
    Let's hear it for the 20% change! Weeeee!!!
    Love the app, but just a suggestion for comicshelf hd - the touchpad has a notification area at the top (tells you when a feed has updated, song changed etc) - when I save a page, could comicshelf put the page saved notice in that instead of the popup dialog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For the record, 50 comic / directory limit isn't a limit per say, but a suggestion for optimum performance, and even then, only for when thumbnail shelf view is enabled.

What filesize is the comic you're trying to open? Also, try uninstalling, rebooting your device, then reinstall.

Does this update include an option to remove the top & bottom menu/statusbars? I also find them SUPER annoying....
    Last edited by WackyWack; 10/18/2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Hey Jason, great app, it's definitely one of the many that makes the TouchPad awesome and well worth the purchase. That said, upon updating to v1.2.2 this afternoon, I'm met with an error that reads "MojoService: no errorCode supplied" and the app now refuses to load any of my comics. Device restart didn't help. I'm still on webOS 3.0.2 so maybe I need to update to 3.0.4 for it to work? Gonna try that in a moment but I figured I'd put this out here first.

EDIT: OK, so updating to 3.0.4 did not solve the issue, but then it dawned on me that I should try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app from the App Catalog. And that solved the issue. Palm, meet forehead.
    Last edited by tragictaco; 10/18/2011 at 01:33 PM.