Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 801
Like Tree106Likes
  1. #381  
    Any reason why the update would fail on my TouchPad, and then the app refuses to load?
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterKx View Post
    Last update broke my touchpad... I'm a bit sad, trying to figure out a solution right now
    PM'd you.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey Jason - love the update! I was getting the "ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running" error too, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Hopefully that will take care of it.

    One thing... I've got the Dark Knight series on my TouchPad and it's about 232 comics. The thumbnail view gets the first 31 done and then that's it. The rest stay as the timer icons but never update. Is the problem that it's just too many comics to index thumbnails?
    Yea. As the popup notice mentions 40-50 is the general upper limit, per folder, for optimum speed. Good news is, once the thumbnails are initially fetched, they're cached, and loading said folder in the future will be near-instant
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #383  
    Ahh... did I glance over the pop-up without reading it? Sorry about that Jason.
  4. #384  
    Hi Jason,

    just bought your nice app.

    some questions for possible future enhancements:
    -Coud you add an option to display the .pdf files in the list and click through to open the PDF reader? This would allow to browse all files from one application, whatever the format?

    -Could you add an option to display .rar & .zip too ? I"ve some cbr/cbz which are not yet renamed and they would just show up then. I understand the risk for non image files, but guess it will just give an error message?
    If not possible, well, will have to clean up my rar/zips :-p

    tx!
  5. SSJChar's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #385  
    so i bought this in the app catalogue today and so far so good. transfered some comics over (in zip format) and they seem to all work. i have a question though, the top and bottom of pages are covered up by the filename and pages/email/print boxes. is there a way to get rid or minimize those boxes? I put it in comics in fullscreen, but that just seems to get rid of the touchpad menu, but not the comicshelf menu.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Hi Jason,

    just bought your nice app.

    some questions for possible future enhancements:
    -Coud you add an option to display the .pdf files in the list and click through to open the PDF reader? This would allow to browse all files from one application, whatever the format?

    -Could you add an option to display .rar & .zip too ? I"ve some cbr/cbz which are not yet renamed and they would just show up then. I understand the risk for non image files, but guess it will just give an error message?
    If not possible, well, will have to clean up my rar/zips :-p

    tx!
    Just fyi, as of v1.2.0 and later, both zip and rar should be properly displayed (albeit with cbr/CBS icons).


    Quote Originally Posted by SSJChar View Post
    so i bought this in the app catalogue today and so far so good. transfered some comics over (in zip format) and they seem to all work. i have a question though, the top and bottom of pages are covered up by the filename and pages/email/print boxes. is there a way to get rid or minimize those boxes? I put it in comics in fullscreen, but that just seems to get rid of the touchpad menu, but not the comicshelf menu.
    a single tap in the middle 40% of the comic page area will toggle visibility of the header/footer control bars. And moreover, a tap in the left/right 20% sides will change page back/forward
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7. SSJChar's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just fyi, as of v1.2.0 and later, both zip and rar should be properly displayed (albeit with cbr/CBS icons).



    a single tap in the middle 40% of the comic page area will toggle visibility of the header/footer control bars. And moreover, a tap in the left/right 20% sides will change page back/forward
    thanks for the quick reply.
    Hahahaha i seriously tapped everywhere BUT the middle section of the screen trying to see if that would minimize it. what a fooooooool i am.
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Having the control bars pop up for a few seconds every time a new page is loaded would however annoy me *greatly*, and probably drive me crazy in a short amount of time.

    I would like *some* way to transition into the next comic, but I think I'd prefer it if there was a button on the control bars that performed this function (it would require an extra tap in order to bring up the controls, but you also wouldn't need to change to the very last page of a comic before you can move on to the next one). There's nothing that prevents having both options though...
    I sure liked it when another comic viewer program I've used on either PC or Android (don't remember which or the name of the viewer) briefly showed the page number [x of x] in the corner of the screen each time you turned the page, and it didn't annoy me at all, but it was a lot smaller than the control bars we're talking about here.

    You're so right that a "next comic" (and "previous comic"! why not right!) button on the control bars would be nice, in addition to some automatic option after the last page.

    After the past week of using this latest version of ComicShelf, I have also noticed the less-responsive-to-tap issues that other users noted in this thread. Often I tap the side of the screen 4 or 5 times before the page changes; I'll pick different areas, use differing pressures, even try to swipe instead, and it doesn't turn page right away always.

    And the only other suggestion I've thought of for some future update: could we be able to change the name of the comic directory? I'd change mine to C O M I C S so it would stand out when I look at the list.
  9. #389  
    Well that was a fun few hours, editing file names so the short part of the title that appears under the thumbnails is visible & logical...it pretty much required abbreviating folder names, then making the comic name be just the issue number. As I was doing that, and seeing some new shelves full of comics covers, I thought "yes, it will be nice to eventually be able to open issue #1 to see its cover, then hit a 'next comic' button to see its cover, and so on, to quickly browse a gallery of covers in beautiful full screen!" Well as quick as each issue loads of course. Ooh, what about a power swipe to go to next/previous file?? Looking forward to many future updates to my favorite app!
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    a single tap in the middle 40% of the comic page area will toggle visibility of the header/footer control bars.
    Strangely enough, after the last update, it's a double tap for me. Not an issue for me (one I figured it out) but just thought I'd mention it.

    Still really enjoying the app (and getting back into comics for the first time in 20 years.)
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher59 View Post
    Well that was a fun few hours, editing file names so the short part of the title that appears under the thumbnails is visible & logical...it pretty much required abbreviating folder names, then making the comic name be just the issue number. As I was doing that, and seeing some new shelves full of comics covers, I thought "yes, it will be nice to eventually be able to open issue #1 to see its cover, then hit a 'next comic' button to see its cover, and so on, to quickly browse a gallery of covers in beautiful full screen!" Well as quick as each issue loads of course. Ooh, what about a power swipe to go to next/previous file?? Looking forward to many future updates to my favorite app!
    There are free windows programs that will batch rename files. I had to do this for The Amazing Spider-man and Uncanny X-Men because the titles were so long that I couldn't see the issue # when in the cover viewing mode. Took all of 5 minutes to rename 1100+ comics.
  12. #392  
    its so fast now its awesome! hey jason what about having an option for users using it is portrait view for example that auto zooms each page lets say 10% or so?? landscape zoom 50% or whatever looks best... you can turn it on or off, that way it auto zooms.

    Most comics are the same size so that might work for those wanting fit to width, a cheeky workaround for now?

    yes no maybe??
    wouldn't really matter for those big 2 page spreads because you have to manually zoom those anyway, so i think the auto zoom could work
  13. slicetwo's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    a single tap in the middle 40% of the comic page area will toggle visibility of the header/footer control bars. And moreover, a tap in the left/right 20% sides will change page back/forward
    the change of the tap area is the only thing that kills me in this app. the header/footer controls always take a few taps to show up, which seems odd, and with the way i hold the TP, i almost always initially accidentally change the page instead of bringing up the bars. it's driving me insane. can you add an option to turn the page turning features off? swiping makes it feel a bit more like a real comic.

    besides that, the app is running great since the 1.2.1 update.

    also, since i don't use thumbnail view, i haven't had any problems with folder with lots of files, just for anyone that is wondering.
  14. #394  
    Hi Jason:

    Trying to help here, would this snippet of code solve the page width issue?

    YourAssistant.prototype.imageFormatter = function(image, model) {
    var formatted = image;

    if (formatted) {
    formatted = "/var/luna/data/extractfs" +
    encodeURIComponent(formatted) +
    ":0:0:56:56:3";
    }

    return formatted;
    };
  15. #395  
    where would you put that code into, into which .jsjsjs $file$?

    some of those comics you can buy off the app catalog have fixed width... how do they do it?
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
    Hi Jason:

    Trying to help here, would this snippet of code solve the page width issue?

    YourAssistant.prototype.imageFormatter = function(image, model) {
    var formatted = image;

    if (formatted) {
    formatted = "/var/luna/data/extractfs" +
    encodeURIComponent(formatted) +
    ":0:0:56:56:3";
    }

    return formatted;
    };
    that specific code you site would scale the image down so the maximum dimension were 56px by 56px. Still same aspect ratio though, I'm pretty sure. I use the image scaling like that for the thumbnails actually
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17. #397  
    what about my idea of auto zooming the standard comic page as an option?
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    where would you put that code into, into which .jsjsjs $file$?

    some of those comics you can buy off the app catalog have fixed width... how do they do it?
    which ones? An example to base fixed-width or fixed-height settings specifically would be great.

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    what about my idea of auto zooming the standard comic page as an option?
    might work. I'll look into it this weekend when I have more time
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #399  
    the last angel HD has the width wider. i dont know how. It is not nearly as good as your application or fit to width per-se. but the width is wider on the comic page images with a small border. you can look at https://developer.palm.com/appredire...igames.angelhd

    maybe it is because it runs like a game app or something...

    But i say auto zoom because all vertical pages of comics are the same size, so that might just be way easier for you.

    Regardless loving the new update and the comic awesomeness
  20. 2ted's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #400  
    I wanted to open rar and zip files from file browsers like internalz or gemini because of the scroll reset function.

    So, I tried the following:
    In /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd/
    edit appinfo.json
    under around line 28 I added

    { "mime": "application/x-rar", "extensions": "rar", "stream": false},
    { "mime": "application/x-zip", "extensions": "zip", "stream": false}

    Doing this and rebooting the touchpad shows the filehandles for rar and zip files under default applications.
    Opening the rar files under internalz launches ComicShelf HD, but it doesn't open the file at all.
    So, I looked at the app folder under same directory and checked out AppLauncher.jsjsjs.
    Around line 21 I added ext=="rar" || ext=="zip"
    After reboot, the rar and zip files open up via file browser.

    My question is whether what I did will break the app on the next update or not.

Posting Permissions