webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > ComicShelf HD: Now in the App Catalog!
ComicShelf HD: Now in the App Catalog!
Like Tree106Likes

Old 07/16/2011, 10:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Has anyone seen cbr files that won't display?

They open up, show the correct number of pages, but the picture never appears. But if I select the email button then it'll attach correctly.

They're not corrupt, and renaming them to .rar and opening the images on the PC shows that they all display fine. I'm wondering if it might have to do with the naming convention of the images inside the cbr or something, not sure.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2011, 12:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

They open up, show the correct number of pages, but the picture never appears. But if I select the email button then it'll attach correctly.

They're not corrupt, and renaming them to .rar and opening the images on the PC shows that they all display fine. I'm wondering if it might have to do with the naming convention of the images inside the cbr or something, not sure.
There was a minor bug that affects a very very small # of comics. I submitted a fix, v1.0.1, on Thursday, but it hasn't been accepted yet. Once it is, you shouldn't have the issue anymore

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by cabbonizio, jhoff80
Old 07/17/2011, 07:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

They're not corrupt, and renaming them to .rar and opening the images on the PC shows that they all display fine. I'm wondering if it might have to do with the naming convention of the images I nside the cbr or something, not sure.
I'm running into this also with some cbr files and looks like Jason was right on top of it. Its been a great experience so far nonetheless!
cabbonizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2011, 07:59 AM   #24 (permalink)

Just got the app update and all the cbr files I had problems with are now opening! To get around the issue with having to reset the TP each time I upload new file and disconnect the USB cable, I've been uploading the cbr|cbz files to Box.net from my pc, pulling them up on the TP app, and moving it to the comics folder (using what else....Internalz!). Maybe one too many steps for some people, but eliminates having to reset the device and no plugging anything in.
Old 07/18/2011, 11:32 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yeah, the files I had issues with seem to be opening after the update as well.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2011, 05:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Not even sure why I am questioning purchasing this. I know I want a Comic reader and I know Jason does great work. Buying it now!!
Smubeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2011, 01:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
Not even sure why I am questioning purchasing this. I know I want a Comic reader and I know Jason does great work. Buying it now!!
With the Amazon Kindle app update being released combined with ComicShelf, I am in reading heaven and beside myself!
Liked by Jason Robitaille likes this.
Old 08/05/2011, 05:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

Awesome. Between this weekend's Touchpad price deals and finding out there is a true cbr/cbz reader, I am SOLD! - This will be the first app I buy. Now do I go tonight or tomorrow after work...hmmmm....
thawkth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 08:27 AM   #29 (permalink)

So grateful to have this app on my TP. It's probably the #1 used app so far. That being said I have a bug report. On some occasions while in portrait mode and in the comic/folder selection page the page is not scroll-able and I cannot get to the "..." to move back up a level or even select the first item. A quick rotate to landscape allows access to these options and if rotated back everything is fine. Not sure if a redraw is needed or something of that nature. There are some other minor sporadic freezes but I'm guessing that has to do with loading in pages and isn't all that noticeable. I had that issue with other comic readers on my iPad I USED to own. Best money spent (even spent my own money and not HPs)
professionalbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 12:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

hey jason,
when i added new files to the comics folder, they show up in internalz but comicshelf HD does not recognize them. (File does not exist error)
Once i do a device restart then it works fine.

This is on a Touchpad 3.0.2 with uberkernel.
kushanj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2011, 10:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Thank you Jason for this very nice application.

One comment:
it would be nice if you could read directly images in a directory.=instead of having to provide a cbr or cbz file.

One proposal:
I can help you translate the app in French. Comics/graphic novels are very popular in Europe. Especially in Belgium and France and this app would be welcomed there.
eric_ahg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 02:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

great app. you made me break and finally buy an app for a phone/tablet.

one thing killing me though. i like to read the comics in landscape and zoomed in to fill the screen but it only zooms in for that one page and when i go back to it, it defaults to the original view. please include this in an update very soon. thanks again and great app. now all i need now is a vlc player for the touchpad/pre3 and i'd be set with my entertainment. thanks
precentralzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 03:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

hi, comicshelf HD isnt showing up in the app catalog when I search for it, I am in australia is it not available in australia. It is the app I really want to download
kurtp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2011, 11:54 AM   #34 (permalink)

Got my Touchpad and purchased this right away. I love it.

Question - is the Save Page functionality not working yet, or is it just my Touchpad?

Thanks.
Typo Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 10:15 AM   #35 (permalink)

Hi, Jason. I just wanted to let you know that your app was the sole reason I bought a Touchpad this morning (although I have since found out it's a really cool tablet in a lot of other ways). I hope you continue to support ComicShelf HD for a little while. I'd really like a "fit to width" or "lock in zoom" option, and a page bookmark, if it's not a ton of trouble. Thank you for your app, seems you were the only one who cared about developing a .cbr/.cbz reader. Well worth the $2.

Thanks,
Kevin
KParrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 12:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

I have a question, is there any way (or how do i) to hide the banners at the top and bottom during reading? They tend to get in the way of some of the text.
mattbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 01:10 PM   #37 (permalink)

Just a simple tap on the screen removes the banners.
spud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 01:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
Just a simple tap on the screen removes the banners.
....and i am officially an *****....

hehe thanks for the (admittedly obvious) assist!
mattbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 04:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Hi Jason -

wanted to tell you this is one of the only reasons I decided to keep my TP after the fiasco HP has created I *hope* you'll continue to develop it a bit further still. I would love to have a visual index of books and last page remembered. Thanks for making such a great app
SithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Typo Lad likes this.
Old 08/21/2011, 07:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Hey, so ComicShelf HD doesn't seem to recognize any of the comics I put in the comic folder, not a single one. I've got like 20 or 30 loaded on, what's the dealio?
Poopyfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0