Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    After I read without problem then deleted the comic that was the first hourglass keeping all shelf thumbnails after it from loading...they all finally loaded quickly. I had noticed that something different about that particular file from the previous ones was that the filename had plus signs and square brackets in it; I tried renaming it to a very simple name and that didn't fix it. I even took all non-alphanumeric characters out of all the hourglass file names, no go. Deleting the "hangup" file fixed my whole directory of 33 comics. Something corrupt in the archive perhaps? Not sure how to check further but I might try after dinner (I kept a backup of it on my pc).
    Looking at all the contents of the archives that were in my problem folder, the only differing aspect I could notice of the comic that seemed to hang up the hourglasses was the cbz filename & the folder inside the archive had square brackets in them. [ ] No other files had square brackets anywhere. I gotta figure out how to edit that inner folder name huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher59 View Post
    Looking at all the contents of the archives that were in my problem folder, the only differing aspect I could notice of the comic that seemed to hang up the hourglasses was the cbz filename & the folder inside the archive had square brackets in them. [ ] No other files had square brackets anywhere. I gotta figure out how to edit that inner folder name huh...
    Change the file extension to .zip, extract it, edit and then reverse.
    mmkay wasn't too hard; made a copy of the cbz with simple names no special characters inside then put both copies of the file back into my TouchPad's main comics folder, and into another subfolder with other comics that hadn't thumbnailed yet. Now they both thumbnailed, in both folders. Don't know what to tell you, but I give up trying to figure anything out for now. Good luck and thanks again for everything!!
    Thanks W3idbrewer; using Winrar on pc I could simplify the folder name inside the archive then 'save as' a cbz copy with the simpler name. I'd never had a reason to try something like that before but I can usually "right-click" my way thru new situations pretty good.
    Hmnm, another bug!
    Large comics eg 'From Hell' - Alan Moore (about 580 pages) just won't open and leads to the canuck error message, I think they timeout or something, this is weird cause they did open (after a long while about 1 min!) with version 1.0.1.

Something that needs looking at! Thanks.
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/06/2011 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Hmnm, another bug!
    Large comics eg 'From Hell' - Alan Moore (about 580) just wont open and lead to the canuck eroor message, I think they timeout or something, this is weird cause they did open (after a long while) with version 1.0.1.

Something needs looking at! Thanks.
    As a lower limit, A History of Violence (300+ pages) takes a little time, but loads just fine.
    Okay i went through and on my 2 directories with 560 and 529 and broke them into 50 comics each folder and the app responds and doesn't lock up my touchpad. It still loads slow the first time, I believe it loaded thumbnails even though I was in list mode. Reason being is I switched to thumbnail view and the 50 were all loaded up already. So if you're a hoarder like me break large directories down into >50. You could probably do it with 100 but with 50 I find there is a somewhat acceptable lag. The update to 2.0.1 or whatever isn't listed as being available to download so this is a quick fix. Hope this helps someone.

Oh and not having to restart after un-mounting the TP to my computer is a HUGE plus, THANKS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Silveradoguy85; 10/06/2011 at 04:38 AM.
    I can confim many large files (over 500 pages) do not open and result in timeout error code....

:-(
    I can also confirm all these files open in version 1.0.1

:-(
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/06/2011 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveradoguy85 View Post
    on a side note can anyone recommend a bulk file rename program? THANKS!
    Erm have you tried goint to folder, holding down shift key and then right clicking.
    You should have an option to open command window
    Then you can do something like ren *.cbr *.rar
    or rename however you like.
    Ok have just updated to 1.2.1:
    the bug fixes work:
    Can't navigate outside comics directory - great
    Automatically scroll to top of the folders page - great
    Thumbnails work- great!

My only issue now, is the timeout error: ie large files wont open which did open in version 1.0.1!

If you can sort that out when you have time, that would be fantastic, thanks Jason!
    Erm have you tried goint to folder, holding down shift key and then right clicking.
    You should have an option to open command window
    Then you can do something like ren *.cbr *.rar
    or rename however you like.
    Thanks for the tip but google worked. I found a program that does it, works just like replace does in Word and Notepad which is what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Silveradoguy85; 10/06/2011 at 05:44 AM.
    I Just updated Camicshelf HD.

Very time I start it: MojoService: no errorCode supplied.

same after a reboot.

Any ideas?
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    I Just updated Camicshelf HD.

Very time I start it: MojoService: no errorCode supplied.

same after a reboot.

Any ideas?
    uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Should fix most service-related errors
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Silveradoguy85 and bnyd like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Did so, and it indeed fixed the whole thing. Thanx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    People always hate it when tech support just says that by default...but damned if it isn't because it almost always fixes the problem.
    Ok have just updated to 1.2.1:
    the bug fixes work:
    Can't navigate outside comics directory - great
    Automatically scroll to top of the folders page - great
    Thumbnails work- great!

My only issue now, is the timeout error: ie large files wont open which did open in version 1.0.1!

If you can sort that out when you have time, that would be fantastic, thanks Jason!
    Ok as a work around i've split my large files into several smaller files, so I can still open them.
    I believe anything near or over about 150mb probably wont open....

Basically rename the cbr to rar, open with winrar, split the files into 2 or more folders re rar, then rename each rar to cbr again.

Hope this may help others who may be having problems with large files that wont open.
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/06/2011 at 11:24 AM.
    I updated to find some of the issues people are writing about... restarted the TP and all seems to be working FINE. I didn't think I'd care for the thumbnail view, but am loving it.

Awesome!

Thank you for the update!
    happy to report that everything is working A-ok for me - thumbnail view and list view. noticed, though, that one of my thumbnail image is a mirror/reverse image of the cover. no biggie, as i can delete that comic and replace it with a d/l from another source. and a 363 page trade paperback will not load.

otherwise, operation is smooth.