Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    On the issue with the file browser leading to black screen / partially grey screen, it appears that the browser retains its scroll position when entering a directory. This leaves it black if that scroll position is beyond the bottom of the directory's content, or partially grey if the scroll position is close to the bottom of the directory's content.

To reproduce, put a large number of sub directories in /media/internal/comics - enough to fill the screen 2 or 3 times. In thumbnail view, scroll down to one of the bottom directories and enter. If that directory contains only a small number of files you will see a black screen, which will not scroll.

There was a similar issue with version 1.0.1 which could be worked around by rotating to/from landscape and back again. This doesn't help in 1.2.0.

Hope this helps!
    there is no change jn the screen size....... I thought it was going to finally fit to width so the borders on the sides would be taken up. I can't tell a difference honestly

thumbnails dknt generate either

please please ppplleeaaasseee fit to width! That is what full screen meant for all of us I think.
    Ok I hope this helps, I think i've worked out why some of my thumbnails arent being generated, It's because the images are within a folder within the rar. The ones that work are just the images rar'd! (ie no folder), will adjust all my rars so that will hopefully sort that out, but thought you should know.
    Actually that's not it cause some of the ones that do open are also in folders! grrrr.
    Does the first image have to have a file name like 00.fc.jpg?

Also still concerened about the size of the thumbnail file generated....

Had the same problem with some of my rar's where it said that the files were corrupt. What I did was convert them to zip files and that fixed my problems. I did tidy up the the jpg file names a bit. Also being in a zip they worked whether the files were inside a folder or not.

P.S. My first file ends in 00.jpg

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Very good work.

Main "bug" I have found is that If you have lots of folders for example, like folder rows of comics, If you scroll down to the 6th line and open one of those folders, then on the next page you cannot see the top level of comics and the " .. " folder to go back. You cannot seem to scroll up either and have to exit out of the program to be able to go back in.

I got all the images to appear eventually , In one folder I have about 50 or so comics and just had to wait for it to load.
    Thanks Jason! No problems on my end except a couple of files that still read as corrupted (I think an extract/re-archive will fix those). Looking forward to the next update!
    Don't forget to fix the double tapping on the back folder means you go outside the comics folder and into media/internals...
    Ta!
    That's it from me tonight. Good night....
    Please fit to width Jason! (i flipped the fullscreen switch on) what is actually different? It was always that way even in my first version.

great app, but please fit the comics to width
    The update seems okay for me so far but I haven't really done much with it. I'm just beyond thrilled to have full screen mode because those extra pixels really helps with the page rendering and it results in a far more immersive reading experience.

Thanks Jason!

That said, fit to width, as Fullmaster says above, would be nice but I'm guessing you'd have to roll out your own image processing code.
    I haven't gotten any black screen issues but I did think the app was frozen when I opened a folder with about 100 comics. After a while though all the thumbnails did load.

I can't figure out what the "full screen" option does but I'm glad to see the option to resume to the page you were at if you close the app. I really want to be able to bookmark a page though. If I'm reading a couple of comics at a time and one is 100+ pages, it would be awesome to be able to mark the page I stopped at so I can go to another comic if I'd like.

Overall though, the update looks really good and I'm glad the thumbnail view is in place. It looks much better that way. I'll add more if I run into any of the other problems that have been described so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    Please fit to width Jason! (i flipped the fullscreen switch on) what is actually different? It was always that way even in my first version.

great app, but please fit the comics to width
    It's not super noticeable, but you gain a bunch of pixels on the top, left, and right. Not full width, but it helps. :O

Thanks for the update, Jason. Noticing the bug is still there, where comics dont show up if I scroll down a list and then open a folder. Switching to landscape doesn't fix it anymore, but switching to thumbnail does. :O
    LOVE THE APP. but i can see 2 major issues:

1) Fit to width

2) Page changes size every time i flip a page. For example pinch zoom in the fit to width then change page and have to do it again, over and over.

anyway thanks Jason. i just put it in list mode and seems to run better than before, faster
    Okay...I've had it sitting open for 20 minutes...still have hourglasses. How long until it populates images?

Other than that, I haven't had any bugs.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    After removing a folder that contained 200+ comics everything is running smooth. The thumbnail shelf view is a nice feature. Thanks for this update!
    After an hour, I just rebooted and got my covers.

Also, a little while ago, I got the canuck error, but the app continued to run.

Request: Make the tap-to-flip feature an option, please. I keep bumping it and flipping the page.
    So...im guessing 500+ comics in one folder isn't good? Let me confirm it...its not...epic fail...TP just freezes up...lol. I'm gonna create subfolders with 50 comics each...see if that helps

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    I'm confused.. I selected fullscreen option, and what the program seems to do is place a bar at the top over the page telling me the filename of the comic I'm reading, and at the bottom another bar also on top of the comic with icons and stuff.

Requires much dragging to see what is underneath both bars. I'm sorry but this is not fullscreen. It would be better if one didn't have to drag at all and the image was smaller.. having the bars on TOP of the pages ruins the reading immersion experience.

Do I really need to know the filename on EVERY single page of an issue I am looking at?
    Does the bottom bar really need to be so large?

Fit to width would be a wonderful option to have and one I prefer very much (in fullscreen mode also), but for now I'm much more concerned about the two bars that I cannot seem to disable.. could you please advise if this is possible to disable somehow? I cannot believe I am the only person who ever noticed this..

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    tap in the center if the screen, the title bar and controls will disappear
    Quote Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
    I'm confused.. I selected fullscreen option, and what the program seems to do is place a bar at the top over the page telling me the filename of the comic I'm reading, and at the bottom another bar also on top of the comic with icons and stuff.

Requires much dragging to see what is underneath both bars. I'm sorry but this is not fullscreen. It would be better if one didn't have to drag at all and the image was smaller.. having the bars on TOP of the pages ruins the reading immersion experience.

Do I really need to know the filename on EVERY single page of an issue I am looking at?
    Does the bottom bar really need to be so large?

Thanks.
    Just like in the previous version, if you tap on the center of the page the bar on the top and bottom will disappear. If you tap on the center again, it will reappear. It has too be in the center because as of this current update tapping on the right 20% of the screen will move to the next page, and tapping on the left 20% of the screen will move you back a page.
    i gave it some time and still like it mostly only things are

needs Fit To Width

needs to keep page fit when flipping pages, so you dont have to constantly resize
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    fit to width, as Fullmaster says above, would be nice but I'm guessing you'd have to roll out your own image processing code.
    This is exactly it. The imageviewer component palm provides doesn't support fit-to-with, setting zoom, or even retaining zoom when changing pages. So I'm actively looking for workarounds/hacks to get it to work. Failing that, I'll need to create my own imageviewer code, which will be a massive undertaking
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook