Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait for the update to come out. I use this app second to only the web browser.
    I'm not sure if this issue is resolved in the " Fixed bug preventing comics from being detected" section but is the issue with the touchpad not registering newly uploaded comics until a device reset is performed, corrected?
    Correct, though I also highly recommend closing ComicShelf HD before going into USB Mode, as I've noticed the bug re-appearing some of the time in that scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Correct, though I also highly recommend closing ComicShelf HD before going into USB Mode, as I've noticed the bug re-appearing some of the time in that scenario.
    Hey, remembering to close the app before loading new comics is no big deal at all - especially compared to having to reboot afterwards. (Even more so with my TP, as it seems to require me to reboot before it will go into USB mode as well.)
  3.    #283  
    Lol, looks like the Pre3 compatibility update to ComicShelf for phones got approved quicker than ComicShelf HD which is still pending.
    this update is very buggy. sometimes it's just a black screen with the Comicshelf logo, other times its the logo, half grey background and half black screen and other times is the logo, a quarter of the grey background and 3/4 black. but each time, i have to close the app and restart it to get anything to show up.

and then when you back out to the main directory, then tap on that same folder, the content disappears again. have to close the app and restart. even changing the orientation does nothing.

any way I can downgrade to the previous version? at least in the previous, changing to landscape got the folders and comics to appear without having to restart the app.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The TouchPad version is very buggy. When I navigate to some of my file folders that contain comics the app freezes with hourglass icons showing for each comic. I then close the comicshelf app and find I can not launch any other apps. I then have to restart my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteelio View Post
    The TouchPad version is very buggy. When I navigate to some of my file folders that contain comics the app freezes with hourglass icons showing for each comic. I then close the comicshelf app and find I can not launch any other apps. I then have to restart my device.
    A.) So, this means the TP version is available now, too? And,
    B.) I shouldn't update to it just yet?
    Hi
    First post, have to say touchpad version is really not right, half the files dont generate thumbnails, sometimes it crashes and have to restart touchpad, others only half the page is visible, erm it's actually possible to navigate further outside the comics root directory (by double tapping the back dir twice quickly, you can out to the root and further out!) very weird! also got a message to say canuck not working or something.... not happy with some of these bugs, hope it gets sorted quick!
    Also just noticed the back folder disappers on occasion so cant navigate back?!

Having said that the full screen works nicely! When the programme works :-(

Ps paid for this app via the UK app store....
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/04/2011 at 03:18 PM.
  8.    #288  
    the hourglass is is sign to wait a second while the thumbnails are generated. I have yet to have issues you guys are describing. Specifically, the screen will turn black for only 1sec at most at bootup. More people try the update and tell me what your experiences are. If they're all bad, then I'll disable shrlfthumbnail view, or at least turn it into a user option

myself, I recommend less than 50 issues per folder for better thumbnail generation
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    the hourglass is is sign to wait a second while the thumbnails are generated. I have yet to have issues you guys are describing. Specifically, the screen will turn black for only 1sec at most at bootup. More people try the update and tell me what your experiences are. If they're all bad, then I'll disable shrlfthumbnail view, or at least turn it into a user option

myself, I recommend less than 50 issues per folder for better thumbnail generation
    Heck...I just caught up on The Walking Dead, so I don't need the reader for a few days. I'll take one for the team, upgrade when I get home and let you know.
    Ok this error message has popped up a few times:

Error:
    ca.canuckcoding.comicshelfhd.service is not running

This is in a folder where half the thumbnails work and half are hourglass, Total 22 issues in this folder.....
    ps Not trying to be negative just hope you can get some of the bugs sorted, will try and provide as much info as poss! :-)
  11.    #291  
    I need to head to class now, gut tonight, once I'm home, I'll put together a quick revision that disables the thumbnail view unless enabled in the settings screen. Best of both worlds I figure

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post

Error:

This is in a folder where half the thumbnails work and half are hourglass, Total 22 issues in this folder.....
    ps Not trying to be neagtive just hope you can get some of the bugs sorted, will try and provide as much info as poss! :-)
    odd. Try uninstalling comicshelf then restart device then reinstall.

Anyway guys, I gotta go for a bit. I submit an update tonight and see if I can get the guys at palm to express it

Hey all,

This is my first post and I want to use it to say this is an awesome app. Cheers for that! Also, I can't see any of the issues being discussed in regards to the new build. I don't have any thumbnails, but I am not sure how they will be generated. Is it just the first page of the zip/rar/cbz/rar or do you have to specifically place a thumbnail in the compressed archive?

Like I said, love the app; the only thing I would change is the ability to fit the pages to the width of the screen and if possible hide the top bar.

Thanks duder! You're the best!
    ps just noticed thumbnails folder was already 132mb! - that cant be right?!
    Ok I hope this helps, I think i've worked out why some of my thumbnails arent being generated, It's because the images are within a folder within the rar. The ones that work are just the images rar'd! (ie no folder), will adjust all my rars so that will hopefully sort that out, but thought you should know.
    Actually that's not it cause some of the ones that do open are also in folders! grrrr.
    Does the first image have to have a file name like 00.fc.jpg?

Also still concerened about the size of the thumbnail file generated....
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/04/2011 at 03:43 PM.
    thumbnail view is awesome when it works. loved seeing the covers of my comics on the shelf. but i switched to list view.

in list view, when i tap on a folder and nothing shows up (just the grey background), i flip to landscape, toggle to thumbnail view forcing content to appear. after reading i just have to remember to toggle back to list view before backing all the way out to root.

it's a minor inconvenience but it's better than risking a black screen in thumbnail view and then restarting the app.
    Hello.

My first post, sorry for my English.
    Thanks Jason for app.
    And thanks webbea, changing the view does not need to restart.
    I have a doubt about the fullscreen, works well.
    But can not adjust the page to fullscreen without sidebars?
    Last edited by adolfomix; 10/04/2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Hi,
    Just wondering if we can have an option to set the current page (when a button or menu is selected), to be the thumbnail cover image (needed as sometimes the first page might not be the actual cover).

Thanks and keep up the great work.

baldirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post

Error:

ps Not trying to be negative just hope you can get some of the bugs sorted, will try and provide as much info as poss! :-)
    Ok this seems to happen when im in a folder and just leave the touchpad on and dont do anything... after a few minutes this message comes up. Not sure if it only happens in the folders were the thumnails arent generated properly, and have the hourglass or if it happens in all folders.

However when it does happen if you quit the app then restart the app, then the tp restarts!
    Another thing, I think maybe some of the thumbs werent being generated because some of my files were zips but named as rars? I have re ziped then and also repaired the archives of those folders that werent generating images and they seem to work now?! Not sure if this is just coincidence though?!