Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    In the new update is there going to be a way to tell if you have read the comic before (a tick on the cover or something)? I have 100s of comics on this thing now and I am fantastic at forgetting which one I am up to.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpedflash View Post
    In the new update is there going to be a way to tell if you have read the comic before (a tick on the cover or something)? I have 100s of comics on this thing now and I am fantastic at forgetting which one I am up to.
    That would hardly be useful for people who read things more than once. Anyways it's a non-issue in my book. He said there will be some sort of resume function (to pick up where you were last reading) ...beyond that you should be able to handle remembering what you have and haven't read.
    Any word on the update?
    hey jason even if its not 100% done think you could update it so we get fullscreen etc, the rest of the stuff you can put in a later update. But seems you fixed most of the big things already.

why dont people update aps like once a week with minor updates so people cant download them illegally?
    Jason,
    I'd like very much to say great job on all of your apps! One question about Comic Shelf though. Is it possible in a future build to add a 'next comic' option? You know, you finish one file, click a button and the next file in that folder opens automatically?
  6.    #246  
    Sorry about the delays everyone. School assignments ended up taking up most of my weekend. I was essentially finished the update, but ended up noticing a bad bug, where the thumbnails would get repeatedly cached each launch, causing the cache folder to grow huge over time. Lol, I only noticed when I saw the folder ballooned to 168MB and I only had about 500MB of comics at the time. In reality the thumbnails cache should've only been around 18MB total. This is a rather large bug and I'm looking to figure it out and have to postpone release until further notice.

Hoping to get the bug fixed tonight after class, but I'm not sure how deep it is.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Loomies likes this.
    Really enjoying your app for reading items I've scanned. Can't wait for the update.
    Hey Jason, I just want to mention that I appreciate all your hard work and that I for one don't mind waiting until you get the app just right and feel comfortable releasing the new version. Thanks for everything! ComicShelf HD is still my most used Touchpad app by far.
    Any chance of an option to make the background black? The grey bars on the side are a little distracting. I think black would work better since it would match the borders of the touchpad itself.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sorry about the delays everyone...but ended up noticing a bad bug
    Jason - take your time and get everything right.

...doesn't make it any easier to wait, though.
    oooo black background! grey is kinda ... meh. black would make the colors pop more
    Actually, I just realized that I had a question: How will the covers be set? Is it something we can do manually, or will it just pick the first cell in the archive?
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Actually, I just realized that I had a question: How will the covers be set? Is it something we can do manually, or will it just pick the first cell in the archive?
    picks the alphabetically first image

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I just purchased this app on my newly bought Touchpad...works like a dream so far, can't wait for the update, thanks!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amit916 View Post
    I just purchased this app on my newly bought Touchpad...works like a dream so far, can't wait for the update, thanks!
    My TP is basically in a state of limbo until this update comes out... I have a thing about becoming instantly dissatisfied with something when an update is on the horizon; or knowledge that something better is out there and not being utilized; something like that.
    SuedeGopher likes this.
    You are not alone. Intense disinterest RIIIIIIGHT up to the moment when the update is available
    hey jason find the bug??
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    hey jason find the bug??
    Yes. It was behind the fridge.
    Hello,
    is there any other way to get the programm?
    I do not have a credit card to purchase it on the App Catalog.
    Preferably Paypal?
    Cheers
    Comfyman
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfyman View Post
    Hello,
    is there any other way to get the programm?
    I do not have a credit card to purchase it on the App Catalog.
    Preferably Paypal?
    Cheers
    Comfyman
    Unfortunately, nope. That's the system Palm oversees, and you'd need to complain to them. And part of my developer agreement says I can't sell outside the App Catalog, so don't try contacting me asked to buy direct from me, as others have tried and it's something I don't do.