Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCPeterson2000 View Post
    Brilliant!!!!! I can hardly wait. Cover view has been my #1 feature request. One question about the folder icon though. Will the folder names appear? I keep all my books sorted by series and so the main page is going to primary consist of folder grouping
    Yep. Here's an example screenshot from within my Chaos War folder:

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    My touchpad is my favorite thing with this comicshelf. It is pretty much just my portable comic book... really excited for this... gotta go eat some fruitloops
    Quick Question Jason

If you submit this tonight, how long does it take WebOS to approve it? oris it automatic instantly or is it like xbox live and they can review it for a week then post it???

thanks
    Jason, how do u get the cover art to appear in the folder menu, like u showed in that jpeg?

Also, how do u bookmark a page within a comic? I don't see how to do that.

Thanks...
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Jason, how do u get the cover art to appear in the folder menu, like u showed in that jpeg?

Also, how do u bookmark a page within a comic? I don't see how to do that.

Thanks...
    there is no bookmarking or thumbnails yet. My screenshots are teasers for an update that'll be released soon

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

There is a pulldown option called SAVE PAGE. Can that function as a bookmark? Is there any way to remember your place within a comic or some workaround?

Thanks....
  7.    #227  
    There is a pulldown option called SAVE PAGE. Can that function as a bookmark? Is there any way to remember your place within a comic or some workaround?

Thanks....
    Save page option saves the page's image file to /media/internal/. There is no auto-resume yet.

Ok, thanks. Please have a Bookmark option for the next update. Great program!
    Quick Question Jason

If you submit this tonight, how long does it take WebOS to approve it? oris it automatic instantly or is it like xbox live and they can review it for a week then post it???

thanks
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    Quick Question Jason

thanks
    It'll have to to get manually approved by HP. Usually only a few days.

Jason, btw...I am still having trouble with comics disappearing from the shelf after a USB connection/transfer. I did a transfer tonight (not involving comics) and when I went into a comic and then CLOSED it out...it went to the main Comicshelf HD screen and said No Comics were available. I have 3 different comic collections in the comics folder.

When I rebooted the Touchpad, the comics re-appeared as usual.
  12.    #232  
    Jason, btw...I am still having trouble with comics disappearing from the shelf after a USB connection/transfer. I did a transfer tonight (not involving comics) and when I went into a comic and then CLOSED it out...it went to the main Comicshelf HD screen and said No Comics were available. I have 3 different comic collections in the comics folder.

When I rebooted the Touchpad, the comics re-appeared as usual.
    That's fixed in the update

Awesome! Looking forward to the update being released soon. I imagine the App Store will send an automatic notification when the update is ready for downloading?

Thanks much....
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but I have tried to open a cbr/cbz file from Internalz Pro, and for some reason, I now get an error:

"No file handler found for /media/internals/downloads..../File.CBR"

I've done a uninstall/reinstall of ComicShelfHD and InternalzPro. And a full restart as well. No luck.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkreifus View Post
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but I have tried to open a cbr/cbz file from Internalz Pro, and for some reason, I now get an error:

"No file handler found for /media/internals/downloads..../File.CBR"

I've done a uninstall/reinstall of ComicShelfHD and InternalzPro. And a full restart as well. No luck.
    That's because App Catalog apps are allowed by Palm to use the filetype handling API. No way to register ComicShelf HD as a filetype handler for cbr/cbz = no way for apps like Interalz Pro or Email to know to open the files in ComicShelf. When Internalz HD comes out, I'll be including special custom code to let it handle cbr/cbz files in ComicShelf HD.

Thats the weird thing. It always worked until now.
    Is there a way to do a full uninstall, all settings, etc? Not just delete/install from the app catalog?
    Last edited by dkreifus; 09/23/2011 at 09:37 AM.
    That is odd, because I've used Internalz to open many comics that won't show up (as explained in an earlier post). I actually logged in to say that if you open a folder and no files show up you can sweep up and the list will appear (some of the time, anyway)!
    Internalz PRO opens cbr/cbz with comicshelf HD for me.

Can't wait for the update so I don't have to rename a lot of the stuff I download, thanks!
    update submitted yet ?
    Jason - thanx for putting together this app. I'm sure I'm not the first one to say that my plan for the Touchpad if I snagged one was to use it as a comic reader - well, I did, and that's what I've done. This is the only app I've actually purchased since I bought it. It looks like my only issues I have with it (no bookmarks, covers or ability to load new books without rebooting) are all going to be addressed in the next update - so...Great!

Keep it up!