Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoggish View Post
    Not to be impatient or anything, but any idea on an ETA of the new version?
    I can't wait for full screen viewing.
    I'm hoping the next few days. This weekend at the latest (as I'm back in university, my timetable with h/w can be unpredictable)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    snoggish, jedinat and Typo Lad like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by amerarab View Post
    Hey,
    I know this is unrelated but I really want this application and I'm willing to pay a fortune to get it but I can't get it because I bought my Touchpad in Turkey and I don't have access to the paid apps in the app catalog which really sucks.

Is there anyway I can get it outside the app catalog? i'm willing to send money for it in anyway you want.
    check out this link to another post on this forum. The author found a loop hole to get apps from another country and gives you a how too. Hope it works for you because this app rocks.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...d-country.html
    I'm not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet, but if not, here goes:

I noticed that if you scrolled down the main screen, then when you click a folder, the folder opens and it starts scrolled down. It also doesn't seem to allow you to scroll up either (unverified since it opens up, shows 1 and a half comics at the top, and then doesn't allow scrolling. Could be that if my list of comics in that folder were bigger, I would be able to scroll). The only solution I have is to click a comic, open it, close it, and then it brings it back to a normal screen.
    I love this app, i bought it off the app catalog. I LOVE IT! i neeeed the full screen viewing though. i could care less about all the other options. please release the update.

thanks so much for this application... would be no comics on my touchpad without.
    Any chance of a quick screencap jason? I can't wait to have the new version before i go on vacation next week
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but Jason you're going to need to start another thread listing out the best comics to load. It's been years since I've read comics and this brought the enjoyment back for me. But I now I have to go and find out what good is out there
    Yes please! I'd love to hear about what other TouchPad users are reading. I'd also be happy to contribute my own suggestions / reviews. I've been burning through all manner of comics since I found ComicShelf HD!

(Best I've finished so far? Jeff Smith's Bone series. I liked them so much I bought the collection on paper and donated them to the library.)
    Jason i use this every night before bed to read my comics then fall asleep. Since i got my touchpad a month ago... can't thank you enough for taking the time to make this. If anything you made my night time reading the best ever so THANKS! and also RELEASE THE PATCH!! also then all those webosbuzz people who got it illegally will be kicked from using it... muahahahahahahaMUAHAHAHAHAHA
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomies View Post
    Any chance of a quick screencap jason? I can't wait to have the new version before i go on vacation next week
    If I don't have the update finished by tomorrow night, I'll release a screenshot

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I just wanted to say I received a Touchpad last week from HP SMB and the first app I downloaded was ComicShelf. Good gravy, I don't know what I'd do if you hadn't put this on WebOS. I don't think there is another Comic Reader out there. So, thanks immensely!

It's the best $2 I have spent in a while. I have already tore through so many comics. And, I have never been a comic book reader before, at least not since I was a little kid. So, thanks for making me fall in love with a media I hadn't sampled much of before.

The only thing I would change is for comics to fit the full screen instead of having some black borders, but I think that has been mentioned before and is not much of an issue anyway, since the space it doesn't use is marginal. I can zoom in a bit just fine. The only problem with that is you apparently can't turn the page when you are zoomed even the least bit. So you have to double tap the screen in order to flip the page. A bit jarring.

Oh, and having to restart the device when adding new comics. But not such a biggie for me. And the last time I loaded them, for some reason they showed up without me needing to restart. I didn't do anything different, I don't think.

The page not saving when you leave is not a big deal to me. Doesn't take long to find my last page read. But it would be nice to have.

But, those are the only "complaints" I could level at the app if I had to, which has otherwise been incredible. And none are big deals overall to me.

I have some other Touchpads coming to our home sometime in the future hopefully, so I'll be buying this app again for sure. Thanks!
  10.    #210  
    Made some HUGE progress yesterday with things. Not finished, and there's still a few bugs to work through, but I'll definitely have a screenshot posted tonight

bnyd likes this.
    I am not reading ANY comics until the new one... well... maybe one or two
  12.    #212  
    And here we go. An exclusive preview of the new file-chooser design for the next update:

(click image for full size view)

You guys like it? Tell me what ya think
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/22/2011 at 05:09 PM.

cgk, nappy and bnyd like this.
    Gimme!
    That's sssshhhhhhwwwweeeeeeettt!
    Looks good. I like how you can alternate back to list view. I also like how you fixed the "1, 11, 12, 2, 3" issue. Well, I assume so from your screenshot. It'd be nice if you could make the thumbs a little bit bigger, but it looks good.

By the way, how do the thumbs work? It's possible to include a thumb for a folder, right? Because all my comics/manga are in folders since they each have many volumes.
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdeeeee View Post
    Looks good. I like how you can alternate back to list view. I also like how you fixed the "1, 11, 12, 2, 3" issue. Well, I assume so from your screenshot. It'd be nice if you could make the thumbs a little bit bigger, but it looks good.

By the way, how do the thumbs work? It's possible to include a thumb for a folder, right? Because all my comics/manga are in folders since they each have many volumes.
    No change to the "1, 11, 12, 2, 3" issue, I just personally label with prefix "0", which sorts alphabetically problem on every sorting system/OS I've ever used

In a later future update I may add the option to hide the filename label for the comic thumbnails (not folder icons though), so i can make the comic thumbnails a bit bigger.

Currently there is no directory thumbnails beyond the folder icon. Anything more would be a significant amount of coding and affect overall performance. Currently, speed-wise, thumbnail generation is pretty fast and includes caching to make it near-instant on repeat usage

when do you think it will release?
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    when do you think it will release?
    either tonight or tomorrow I'll be submitting the update to the app catalog

bnyd likes this.
    Can't wait!! been trying to update a few times everyday hoping... wishing. This is gonna be awesome.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Brilliant!!!!! I can hardly wait. Cover view has been my #1 feature request. One question about the folder icon though. Will the folder names appear? I keep all my books sorted by series and so the main page is going to primary consist of folder grouping