Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    Adding my voice to the chorus - thank you for supporting users who have already purchased your app with additional functionality! Very excited to see the finished product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm just working on the new thumbnail layout and trying to make ComicShelf actually look like a shelf
    I don't want to be annoying , but will it be possible through an option, to list the comics as it is done now??
    I'm asking the question, because sometimes, a huge list is easier to manage in text format as in thumbnail format.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just a question:

So when it opens up a cbz file, it actually extracts all the JPG inside to flash memory (not RAM)? If so can we just put a bunch of JPG into a folder to skip the extraction process?
    This is going to be the best update ever. Now I dont have to rename extensions anymore and just drag/drop files <3. I'm guessing it's not possible with webos to have directories inside comic folder?
    Last edited by Loomies; 09/16/2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Hi, I'm loving the app. Only problem I have is that sometimes a listed folder will show no contents when clicked on, which means there isn't even a link to go up a level in the directory. I then have to throw the card out and restart the app. Is there any reason why a folder will appear to be empty, even after a TouchPad restart?
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomies View Post
    This is going to be the best update ever. Now I dont have to rename extensions anymore and just drag/drop files <3. I'm guessing it's not possible with webos to have directories inside comic folder?
    You can have subdirectories the current public release supports that.

Quote Originally Posted by GitEmSteveDave View Post
    Hi, I'm loving the app. Only problem I have is that sometimes a listed folder will show no contents when clicked on, which means there isn't even a link to go up a level in the directory. I then have to throw the card out and restart the app. Is there any reason why a folder will appear to be empty, even after a TouchPad restart?
    Hmm, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't show up after a restart. Make sure you put the .cbr/.cbz files in "comics" folder. Be aware, the ".comics" is a pseudo-hidden folder for a different app, ComicsHD, by another dev, and is the wrong place to put your comic files.

In regards to the upcoming update. I'm hoping to be able to submit the update this weekend. I won't say that's a hard-date as things can change at any time and unexpected problems may arise. However, at this point, it'd looking good I'll post a screenshot near the end of the weekend as a teaser
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    gareim, nappy, Loomies and 1 others like this.
    Hmm, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't show up after a restart. Make sure you put the .cbr/.cbz files in "comics" folder. Be aware, the ".comics" is a pseudo-hidden folder for a different app, ComicsHD, by another dev, and is the wrong place to put your comic files.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I can see the folder(that's inside the Comics folder) the .cbr/.cbz's are in, but if I click on it, I just get a black/blank screen under the logo. If I remove them from the folder, and do a reboot, they appear on the list. I wonder if there are too many folders in the main Comics folder(I have around 28), if it overwhelms the database, so it can't display a sub-directory for one of the folders that's further down. I was going to try to rename the directory the affected comics were in to include "()" around the title to bump them up the list to see if that would work, but I got too impatient.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I skimmed the forum but did not see this, can the app display 2 pages at the same it, IE page 1 and 2, there are a lot of comic that have a panel displayed over 2 pages and I have not been able to find the option to display 2 at once
    yep, fullscreen will be an option on Settings screen, same with auto-resume, and the option to open comics in new cards, so you'll be able to have multiple comics open at once
    any possibility of a "fit width" option? i just find some text a little small when the image is fit to the height of the page. and it's a pain to zoom every page to the right width.

love the app!!
    DreamScar likes this.
    Looking forward to the update, Jason!

I'm also loving the metaness of someone named GitEmSteveDave in a comic thread.
    For the image resizing, if the automatic resizing is not possible, somewhat like LapinFou suggested it, the ideal would be that the program could keep a fixed zoom value for all the pages of the comic.
    Slightly off-topic, but Jason you're going to need to start another thread listing out the best comics to load. It's been years since I've read comics and this brought the enjoyment back for me. But I now I have to go and find out what good is out there
    sofauxboho likes this.
    hi, i have to say that I love the apps, but I have an issue here.

Dragon ball comic doesn't seem to work, first 2 volumes work fine. but from there, either they don't show up at all (saying 0 page), or they only show 15 pages (despite when I open on my PC, it shows more than 150 pages).

what am I doing wrong here? I have both the cbz and cbr version.

thanks.

Also, I find that when I load books from PC, it needs restart, but with mac, it doesn't, just FYI
    I'm also really looking forward to the next version!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofwale View Post
    hi, i have to say that I love the apps, but I have an issue here.

Dragon ball comic doesn't seem to work, first 2 volumes work fine. but from there, either they don't show up at all (saying 0 page), or they only show 15 pages (despite when I open on my PC, it shows more than 150 pages).

what am I doing wrong here? I have both the cbz and cbr version.

thanks.

Also, I find that when I load books from PC, it needs restart, but with mac, it doesn't, just FYI
    I got a similar issue. It was coming from the images names into the archive. Instead having some classic list (000.jpg, 001.jpg, ... and so on), it was something like abdscd-pages-001-abc.jpg. I unpacked the .cbr, renamed the pics with ACDsee, then created a fresh archive. It did solved my problem.
    I hope this can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by LapinFou View Post
    I'm also really looking forward to the next version!!!

I got a similar issue. It was coming from the images names into the archive. Instead having some classic list (000.jpg, 001.jpg, ... and so on), it was something like abdscd-pages-001-abc.jpg. I unpacked the .cbr, renamed the pics with ACDsee, then created a fresh archive. It did solved my problem.
    I hope this can help.
    oh crap.... that sounds like a lot of work and there are also 42 volume to go through.

hope the update will fix it, if it's possible to open it on PC with a different cbz reader, it should be possible on touchpad

still, love the work, keep it up.
    Last edited by kingofwale; 09/18/2011 at 06:48 AM.
    By curiosity, did you open one of the none-working cbz/cbr ?? How are named the pages??
    Quote Originally Posted by GitEmSteveDave View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I can see the folder(that's inside the Comics folder) the .cbr/.cbz's are in, but if I click on it, I just get a black/blank screen under the logo. If I remove them from the folder, and do a reboot, they appear on the list. I wonder if there are too many folders in the main Comics folder(I have around 28), if it overwhelms the database, so it can't display a sub-directory for one of the folders that's further down. I was going to try to rename the directory the affected comics were in to include "()" around the title to bump them up the list to see if that would work, but I got too impatient.
    I've had the same issue. I've gone into Internalz and verified that the files are in the .cbr and opened them that way so it isn't a problem with the data. The problems also don't seem to be related to the number of folders; I can open "Werewolf By Night" and not "Batman Family" (but I can open individual issues of "Batman Family" via Internalz). I've got roughly 60 folders with a lot of comics and it seems to be a random occurrence for me. I can delete the folders that aren't working and resync them later and they work.

Don't get me wrong, I can live with it as long as the rest of the program works as well as it does!
    Hey,
    I know this is unrelated but I really want this application and I'm willing to pay a fortune to get it but I can't get it because I bought my Touchpad in Turkey and I don't have access to the paid apps in the app catalog which really sucks.

Is there anyway I can get it outside the app catalog? i'm willing to send money for it in anyway you want.
  19.    #199  
    Just a heads-up. I had a slight issue with thumbnail generate due to an unexpected system limitation which surprised me. I'm in the process of a workaround which isn't my ideal way to handle thumbnails, but should work fine in the end.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Just a heads-up. I had a slight issue with thumbnail generate due to an unexpected system limitation which surprised me. I'm in the process of a workaround which isn't my ideal way to handle thumbnails, but should work fine in the end.
    Not to be impatient or anything, but any idea on an ETA of the new version?
    I can't wait for full screen viewing.
    Last edited by snoggish; 09/20/2011 at 04:16 PM.