Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Excellent plan. Now, build a Dropbox app that integrates with Internalz, and I'll be a happy camper.
    That's on the eventual plans. Similar to how Internalz would react to the presence of FileMgr, I want to add some level of integration for my upcoming ArchiveXtractor app and the eventual DropDrive app (if said app is also detected as installed).

The current Internalz already has a very basic integration with another of my App Catalog apps, ComicShelf. Opening a cbr or cbz file in Internalz opens the comic in a new card
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Excellent plan. Now, build a Dropbox app that integrates with Internalz, and I'll be a happy camper.
    Now that is a GREAT idea!!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I think that is a GREAT plan!!! Those that haven't bought internalz or donated to you should! Having an unlock from homebrew is perfect I think! Homebrew wasn't about FREE!! It is about BETTER! Don't be afraid of actually making money for ur efforts Jason!!! You freakin deserve it !!!!!!
    transition plan sounds great for 1.x and 2.x-3.x users i think. I understand it's not easy to maintain that many OS versions without big manpower. As long as legacy version will still be avaiable with functions as is, i'll be fine.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Is it time to declare this unanimous yet? We all seem to agree that 1) we'd gladly pay Jason for such a great app and 2) that we like the idea of a more unified release with a homebrew unlock (like the patch for the recent white pages app). I've thought for some time it was odd to pay for the less capable version (still worth its asking price) while its superpowered big brother was free.

I also like the idea of us all on the official version. It will certainly get the app more prominence in the catalog, and it might drive new users toward homebrew when there is the promise to "unlock" features. I think this is a great solution.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by danplc View Post
    i think your idea is good. Have internalz and internalz hd in the catalog that would have special features unlocked with homebrew (filemgr).

You've got everyone covered. 1.4.5 and 2.x users could still use internalz legacy, while folks running devices with enyo could get the deluxe app catalog versions.
    ^--- this.
    I like the idea of having an App Catalog version that can be "unlocked". Also I'm pretty sure you can have a Mojo and Enyo in the same .ipk and it loads the respective one based on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think your idea is good. Have Internalz and Internalz HD in the catalog that would have special features unlocked with homebrew (filemgr).

You've got everyone covered. 1.4.5 and 2.x users could still use Internalz legacy, while folks running devices with Enyo could get the deluxe app catalog versions.
    +1
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sounds like a good plan to me, I certainly don't mind dropping $3 on it. For marketing purposes, it's a shame you can't do it the other way (Internalz HD free, unlock advanced features for $3), but that's not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think your idea is good. Have Internalz and Internalz HD in the catalog that would have special features unlocked with homebrew (filemgr).

You've got everyone covered. 1.4.5 and 2.x users could still use Internalz legacy, while folks running devices with Enyo could get the deluxe app catalog versions.

^^^^^^^^
    This may be off topic Jason but are you still planning to add unzip capabilities to Internalz?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Hey Jason. I think you're very much on the right path. If I could buy Internalz, I would (1.4.5 user here). When the day comes that I'm on a 2.x+ device, I'll go with that approach. Makes excellent sense to me to use the FileMgr as a HB unlock key vs. two separate apps.

That said, the only part of your plan I'm not crazy about is a Semantics things (ie: it's not that important). Internalz HD just doesn't sound right -- what happens when the Veer gets WebOS Enyo support? It will look pretty silly running an 'HD' app on it's standard-res screen.

Perhaps:
    -Internalz Legacy (like it or hate it, us Pre +/- folks have to come to terms with using EOL hardware, even if it hasn't been officially admitted as-such)

-Internalz --> Enyo is supposed to handle deployment to multi-res devices (ie: Veer, Pre3 & Touchpad) seamlessly, right?

If you have no other choice but to have a Touchpad vs. non TP version, I suppose the HD suffix kinds works (ie: I can't think of anything else).
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Jay - sounds great. I never paid for the catalog version as I had already sent you a donation (more than you charged - well worth it).

As long as you don't ask me to donate then ask me to pay again that is fine. I really like the idea of a paid app with enhancements via homebrew.
    As long as
    I just purchased a copy of Internalz on the TouchPad. I am trying to get access to the "root" file system. I have added FileMgr and the Homebrew JSJSJS $Framework$. $I$ $have$ $the$ $TouchPad$ $in$ $Developer$ $Mode$. $I$ $see$ &$quot$;$MasterMode$&$quot$; $mentioned$ $in$ $the$ $Internalz$ $forum$. $Should$ $I$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $into$ $that$ $mode$ $on$ $the$ $TouchPad$?
    I think I just have the catalog version but would like the HD version too. You're ideas are as good as your software! Just tell me this: when can I buy it!!?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I just purchased a copy of Internalz on the TouchPad. I am trying to get access to the "root" file system. I have added FileMgr and the Homebrew JSJSJS $Framework$. $I$ $have$ $the$ $TouchPad$ $in$ $Developer$ $Mode$. $I$ $see$ &$quot$;$MasterMode$&$quot$; $mentioned$ $in$ $the$ $Internalz$ $forum$. $Should$ $I$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $into$ $that$ $mode$ $on$ $the$ $TouchPad$?
    Internalz Pro is the Mojo homebrew app with full-system support, ipk installer, patcher, etc.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    In essence 1.45 people aren't really being left behind because we already have a fully functioning Internalz working on our phones and with no updates coming from HP there's no reason to think it won't continue to be the great program it is so calm down. Going forward, I like your ideas and will buy the app catalog app as soon as I get my hands on the Pre 3, which will be in a few weeks when I leave Sprint and switch to Verizon. Jason deserves to get paid for his work and I will continue to donate far and above what he charges because it's worth it to me. When I show my friends what I can do with this app they 'bout pee themselves, lol! Keep up the great work and thanks for being in our corner...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I'd like to see you get rewarded properly for your work, and not having to spend an awful lot of extra time on monetizing your basic efforts. You should rather spend that time monetizing on top of where you're at now.

My case is that I can't pay for applications at the moment and I want Internalz for the added power in the Pro version. My solution has been to use the free Pro version but donating to you a couple of times — so far.

Once I'm able to use the app catalog to get what I want, I'd be happy to purchase Internalz and fetch the Filemanager to get Pro features added. Enyo is promised on at least Pre 2 and later so that's covered in addition to the Mojo version still working for newer devices for a long time ahead. The unmaintained Legacy Pro built in Mojo should be covering those futher down in the chain for as long as those devices will physically survive. It's not a matter of leaving anyone in a void with nothing based on your suggestion of a roadmap.

I'm in for any model that makes it less resource demanding for you to maintain and going with Enyo as part of the backbone of it. You should be able to work as little as possible for the payment you deserve. You'll probably end up charging me and some others less than we normally donate, but nothing stops me (or anyone else) from also hitting that donate button as a thanks for all your other great contributions!

BTW; You should spin that editor functionality in another product to monetize it as much as possible.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    for the record .... Is your software compatible with the frankenpre2 too. I keep getting the not permitted erro and have doctored and re downloaded files
    I know for a fact that Palm made a way for you to package both versions in one so you don't have to have the HD tag. That way no one is cut off. But yeah, keep it as an App Catalog release for $2.99 with special features "unlocked"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast