webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > WebOS Clock Theme Builder v1.1
WebOS Clock Theme Builder v1.1

Old 05/23/2011, 12:24 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
Perfect that worked.
The fix worked for me as well. The file in question was empty, so I did a copy/paste of the text & updated it w/ Internalz Pro. Thanks for the tip, and I'll read more thoroughly next time before installing... :/
lcdata1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2011, 03:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

Where did you find the files? I can't seem to find them either on the device or in the WebOS doctor.
Thanks
edn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2011, 10:03 AM   #43 (permalink)

It's buried in the doctor. I don't remember the folders I opened to find it but I finally did find it.
thejasonhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2011, 10:07 AM   #44 (permalink)

So I am on a Pre- with 1.4.5 and i have run the clock recovery after not reading the whole description and trying to install the webos clock theme..I still cant use my clock app..help!
paraguess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2011, 07:00 PM   #45 (permalink)

Clock Theme Builder rocks! Same as its creators
I just build my first clock theme and it works nice in my Pre (WebOS 2.1).

But to figure out how it works and where find those files to edit I spent whole night Will try to write short manual for all those who want to make Clock Themes but don't know how to start..
Old 05/29/2011, 08:19 PM   #46 (permalink)

As promissed... Short manuals

1. Adding Clock Themes feed to Preware
- copy exact URL to URL filed - CAPITAL letters and %20 matters:
Code:
http://webos-clock-themer.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/WebOS%20Clock%20Theme%20Builder/feed
- name feed for example "Clock-Themes"
- set "is compressed" to "NO" (for me it works only that way)

2. Using Clock Theme Builder (creating themes on existing bases)
- images (PNG files) you create have to get the same names as in original themes. Images with different name are not working. You do not need to create all the images. If you for example upload only "base.png" all the rest images will be taken from the theme/base of your choice (eg. Analog, Classic).

- Images have to be same size (or at least keep right aspect ratio) as originals. In Analog based theme most images are 320x320 (base, minute, hour) and some are could be 32x32 (second.png - when it have to be "big dot").

- Original theme's images for editing (or just only for preview) you can "download" from your device using Internalz or Device/Nova Browser (from WebOS PDK package) . Where they are? I found Clock themes in that location:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/themes/

Those themes created by Theme Builder I found in:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

- Created images load into "Images" window in Clock Theme Builder, add Icon for your theme and choose Base theme. Just add some other required info and click "Create IPK file".

- Using WebOs Quick Install you can than upload your New Theme (ipk file) to Palm and check in Clock application how it looks like With WebOs Quick Install you can also uninstall your theme (use "Device Management" option for that)

Hope this short manual helps all beginners to start creating excting clock themes which whole our community will use

Last edited by Pelcu; 05/29/2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: adding "code" for URL
Pelcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2011, 02:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
Legend

So, here's some updated news on Clock themes.

First off, I've released an update to the WebOS Clock Theme Builder.

v1.1 - June 1, 2011
- Now has webOS 1.4.5 support
- Added control file import mode for experienced users

Every theme developer should update immediately. Themes created with the 1.0 theme builder will NOT work on webOS 1.4.5 devices.

All of the previous 21 themes on the feed have been disassembled, modified, and reassembled by me, and will now work on webOS 1.4.5 (with the exception of themes based off the Classic theme, which naturally are 2.x-only). All new theme submissions received upto today have also been modified and have been added to the feed.

IMPORTANT: WebOS 1.4.5 users must uninstall the Analog Black Clock patch if you have it installed. Uninstall it before installing themes or you'll encounter issues. To make up for the lack of a patch, I've created a special "Palm Analog Black" theme package that adds the theme using the clock theme framework I've made. In addition, webOS 1.4.5 users must have SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 installed for themes to install properly.

There are a few more caveats for webOS 1.4.5 users. Theme icons in the theme-chooser screen don't show up. As well, the label in the preferences screen, once you've selected a theme, will display the theme code name rather than the normal name you'd expect. Small annoyances, but nothing too big given how much additional work went into backporting for 1.4.5 support.

In addition, I've released another self-removing utility package to the feed: Clock Theme Recovery. It is similar to the Emergency Patch Recovery package and will remove all clock themes and restore things to a proper clean working state.

Lastly, I have to commend the theme developers; the themes on the feed so far are absolutely amazing and really look great for exhibition mode.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by kambroso, toburg, warlord9159
Old 06/01/2011, 11:02 AM   #48 (permalink)

I get an error trying to uninstall the analog patch...

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.clock-unhide-black-analog-theme.prerm 2>&1
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json.rej
begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.clock-unhide-black-analog-theme.prerm 2>&1
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json.rej
Old 06/01/2011, 01:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
I get an error trying to uninstall the analog patch...
May need to run Emergency Patch Recovery

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 06/01/2011, 04:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Analog Black clock patch uninstalled fine for me and the Mayan clock theme installed no problem! (chose this theme since I was at Chichen Itza last week!) I did update SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 first as instructed. Sprint Pre - running webOS 1.4.5 with numerous patches! Thank you Jason, warlord9159, kdubhotsauce and Holley Pittman. You all are amazing!
toburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2011, 04:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Hmm.. When I install a clock theme (SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 installed too), I try starting the Clock app and it sits there thinking, with the clock icon "pulsing" in the middle of the screen, until I close it.. And I can't find the Clock Theme Recovery either.. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind.. Clock Recovery worked.. I am now the owner of a cool Guinness clock theme .

Last edited by Jeffrok; 06/03/2011 at 04:36 PM.
jeffrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2011, 01:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

anyway i can keep the clock running and not have the phone lock while on the touchstone charger running web os 1.4.5 here on the launch day pre
PocketAcesDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2011, 01:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketAcesDMB View Post
anyway i can keep the clock running and not have the phone lock while on the touchstone charger running web os 1.4.5 here on the launch day pre
unfortunately, probably not, as the lock screen is hardcoded in LunaSysMgr

Old 06/07/2011, 10:19 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketAcesDMB View Post
I use Jason's "No Auto-off while charging patch" to keep my clock displayed while it's on the touchstone.
toburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2011, 05:11 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

First off, I've released an update to the WebOS Clock Theme Builder.
v1.1 - June 1, 2011
- Now has webOS 1.4.5 support
- Added control file import mode for experienced users
What does it means "control file import mode"? I cannot see any additional buttons/modes in v1.1 interface. But I would really love to have a possibility to "import" existing ipk packages into Clock Theme Builder. Or maybe I misunderstand that info...
Old 06/10/2011, 12:25 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Easiest solution would be to grab a copy of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json from a webOSDoctor's ROM and overwrite the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json on your device.

Alternatively, in a day or 2, I'll be done with proper 1.4.5 support, and will also be releasing a Clock Theme Recovery package that should fix such issues.
Any luck fixing the problem with the clock app not loading after trying the Themer? I done a total recovery of my Pre, tryed WebOs Doctor and the clock is still not working. I also tried to find the: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json in both, the phone and the WebOs Doctor program without luck. Could anybody post instructions on how to do that? It would be greatly appreciated.
Glowmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2011, 03:25 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowmex View Post
Any luck fixing the problem with the clock app not loading after trying the Themer? I done a total recovery of my Pre, tryed WebOs Doctor and the clock is still not working. I also tried to find the: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json in both, the phone and the WebOs Doctor program without luck. Could anybody post instructions on how to do that? It would be greatly appreciated.

Use the "clock theme recovery" found on preware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
link375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2011, 03:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by link375 View Post
Use the "clock theme recovery" found on preware
Found in preware and WOSQI

But yea, link375 is right. I added Clock Theme Recovery to the feed when I did the 1.4.5 compatibility fix. I should fix the issue described

Old 06/11/2011, 05:09 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
May need to run Emergency Patch Recovery
Ended up installing the recovery and it works!
Old 06/16/2011, 05:26 AM   #60 (permalink)

Are there any new clock themes in the feed? Since 2 weeks I cannot see any new theme in Preware feed... Noone created new theme or Jason are not updating the feed?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0