Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Wait a minute. Ugh. My fault. I missed the "bin" directory. Let me fix some stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Ok, I put the config file in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/ca.canucksoftware.mplayer/bin/.mplayer/. I did a full device restart just to be safe. No luck. Videos still run choppy.
    When you replaced the config file here.
    That changed the one Jason had.
    So replace it with the config file in backup.zip please
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

hold on and try this patch please. give me a sec

gone
    Last edited by warlord9159; 03/22/2011 at 04:53 PM.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Been following the above. The mPlayer Jason used and Rod's are different, just based on file sizes.

I just copied in Rod's and still get choppy playback. I haven't modified the config file. Does the patch above do this for me automatically?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Been following the above. The mPlayer Jason used and Rod's are different, just based on file sizes.

I just copied in Rod's and still get choppy playback. I haven't modified the config file. Does the patch above do this for me automatically?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes but I have not tested this patch as on my phone, Jason's Mplayer works fine.

This is a test patch so I don't know if it will fix you're problems.
    Lets hope so

If it dose on work, just remove the patch please.

Tried the patch and got an error. It says "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED-saving rejects to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/ca.canucksoftware.mplayer/bin/.mplayer/config.rej"
    Tried the patch and got an error. It says "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED-saving rejects to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/ca.canucksoftware.mplayer/bin/.mplayer/config.rej"
    Yeppers just tried myself.
    I guess a patch can't modify a config file.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Yeppers just tried myself.
    I guess a patch can't modify a config file.
    Well theres got to be a good reason why the old version works smooth and this one doesnt. Maybe Jason can look into it when he has time.
    Well theres got to be a good reason why the old version works smooth and this one doesnt. Maybe Jason can look into it when he has time.
    I hope so. I really like his GUI

I hope so. I really like his GUI
    Me too. I also like that you dont have to re open everything after a video is over. You are lucky it works for you. lol
  14.    #94  
    Ok, time for me to clear things up.

The MPlayer binary was made using the WIDK. Compiled literally only a few days ago using the make script and .patch Rod put in the git. git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/cross-compile.git/tree - packages/media/mplayer/

No hidden magic or voodoo. The WIDK build process was laid out and easy to accomplish. Looking at the makefile, it downloads the most current MPlayer source code from svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk, applies the .patch, then runs "sh make.sh" then "make". So, assuming the .patch in the repo is still good and that the MPlayer binary Rod released used the same patch, the only different factor would be the source code. It's possible that may have changed in the months since Rod built his binary and that's the reason for the size discrepancy.

In regards to the mplayer config, I include one in my wrapper. In addition, when playing a video, I use the following params: "mplayer -fs -framedrop -pp 10 <url_or_filepath>"

So I'd appreciate it if people would stop calling it "Jason's MPlayer". The credit is all WebOS-Internals and Chomper. Anyone have a link to Chomper's GoogleCode page for his MPlayer patch; perhaps there's a more up-to-date patch I could try or something.

And to those having issues with streaming, keep in mind, direct links are required. And yes, I've noted the bug that prevented special characters (":" and "/" for instance) from being typed and that will be fixed in a future version. Also keep in mind, cookies don't follow through to MPlayer from the web browser, so files that require login, like Google Voice, probably won't work.

Also, keep in mind my MPlayer Wrapper is 100% opensource. If Chomper, or anyone else, wants to join the project group and try more customized MPlayer binary builds, I'm more than willing to add them

All that said, I've not experienced any issues on my Pre2 with my avi videos. And in fact have been able to open multiple videos at once.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    In regards to the mplayer config, I include one in my wrapper. In addition, when playing a video, I use the following params: "mplayer -fs -framedrop -pp 10 <url_or_filepath>"
    so you run it from a command line?

Looking at the config, I do not see this line

mplayer -fs -framedrop -pp 10

#-------------------------------------------#
    # Warlord9159 Config file. testing......... #
    #-------------------------------------------#

# Write your default config options here!

#==========
    # Display #
    #==========
    #-------------------------
    # Fix for slower phone's.*
    #-------------------------
    framedrop=1
    hardframedrop=0
    double="yes"

#========
    # Audio #
    #========
    #------------------------
    # Fix A/V Sync problems.*
    #------------------------

mc=.20
    autosync =30

#=========
    # Memory #
    # Cache #
    #=========
    #------------------
    # Memory Settings.*
    #------------------
    -cache=10000 #kb
    -cache-min=100 #%

16.    #97  
    so you run it from a command line?

Looking at the config, I do not see this line

mplayer -fs -framedrop -pp 10
    That's not in the config, that's the commandline params I used, I meant. The java/jsjsjs $service$ $runs$ $that$ $from$ $command$ $line$, $yes$. $That$'$s$ $how$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $Mojo$ $frontend$.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That's not in the config, that's the commandline params I used, I meant. The java/jsjsjs $service$ $runs$ $that$ $from$ $command$ $line$, $yes$. $That$'$s$ $how$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $Mojo$ $frontend$.
    I see

var pathLib = require("path");
    if(pathLib.existsSync(args.file)) {
    var exec = mplayer + " -fs " + "-framedrop -pp 10";

So the config file will not work with the framedrop command.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, non-expert here. Just wanted to add my experience in case it'll help. I really want to use Jason's wrapper, since the GUI in the other package is a bit borked in 2.1.

I have a Pre Plus running 2.1 (SFR WR doctor) with Uberkernel preset profile of screenstate 500/800.

I have two mPlayer installs at once, one from the Chomper thread and the one in Jason's wrapper (by, uh, Chomper too :-D). Since I doctored up to 2.1 recently, I forgot to recreate the input.config and config files as recommended in the first build, thus in the applications/chomper.app.mplayer folder I don't have ".mplayer" folder and no config files that I can see.

I've been using Internalz to mix and match the binaries (got three now!) between the chomper.app.mplayer folder and the services/ca.canucksoftware/mplayer/bin folder to see what works where.

WMVs, AVIs(divx) and MP4s playback smoothly using the first build, no matter what binary I stick in there. Remember, I didn't use/create warlord's config file.

All test files are choppy using the Wrapper, no matter what binary I try.

Is there a difference in the way the executable is called? Do the parameters in the call take away need for config file? Is the config file absolutely necessary?

Sorry if I'm asking the wrong questions; I'm completely unfamiliar with PDK and hybrid apps, as I think these are. Thanks, all.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi, non-expert here. Just wanted to add my experience in case it'll help. I really want to use Jason's wrapper, since the GUI in the other package is a bit borked in 2.1.

I have a Pre Plus running 2.1 (SFR WR doctor) with Uberkernel preset profile of screenstate 500/800.

I have two mPlayer installs at once, one from the Chomper thread and the one in Jason's wrapper (by, uh, Chomper too :-D). Since I doctored up to 2.1 recently, I forgot to recreate the input.config and config files as recommended in the first build, thus in the applications/chomper.app.mplayer folder I don't have ".mplayer" folder and no config files that I can see.

I've been using Internalz to mix and match the binaries (got three now!) between the chomper.app.mplayer folder and the services/ca.canucksoftware/mplayer/bin folder to see what works where.

WMVs, AVIs(divx) and MP4s playback smoothly using the first build, no matter what binary I stick in there. Remember, I didn't use/create warlord's config file.

All test files are choppy using the Wrapper, no matter what binary I try.

Is there a difference in the way the executable is called? Do the parameters in the call take away need for config file? Is the config file absolutely necessary?

Sorry if I'm asking the wrong questions; I'm completely unfamiliar with PDK and hybrid apps, as I think these are. Thanks, all.
    I removed the config file from Jason's wrapper and it plays videos.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast