webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > MPlayer webOS Wrapper 1.0
MPlayer webOS Wrapper 1.0
Like Tree5Likes

Old 03/21/2011, 12:35 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
rlanza1054: put video files in /media/internal/video . After start, all foud files in this dir is automaticaly show in list
thanks all!
rlanza1054 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 12:48 PM   #42 (permalink)

Ok here is what I am going now.

I already had a folder in /media/internal/video (I also have one named videos, not sure what that is for).

So I copied a file from my PC into the /media/internal/video directory.. it was a *.flv file.

When I first launch MPlayer, I'm getting this error: 'ca.canucksoftware.mplayer is not running'.

When I tap on the OK button to get rid of the error message, I just see a gray colored screen that has a smalll circular (I guess it's WebOS's icon for waiting to update). But that never stops.

Should I be going to the preferences and 'register as file handler'?

I'm trying that right now anyway.

The last time I tried that, it wait icon (that circular symbol) never stopped, until I minimized the app, then I just got the smaller circular icon spinning.

Rob
Version 1.4.1.1
Sprint Configuration 2.3
Model: P100EWW
Hardware Version: A
Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza1054 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 01:23 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
Awesome work, Jason: file handler, picker, etc. etc!!!

I am experiencing choppy playback on wmv's and mp4 (downloaded from youtube with your patch) with your package for videos that the mPlayer from the chomper thread plays smoothly.

Even though I'm overclocking, both versions of the mplayer (original and the one modded by Rod) played smoothly under same conditions (same overclocking, garbage collected...)

French Pre Plus, doctored to 2.1, UK screenstate 500/800.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHT View Post
Does the choppy playback have anything to do with that file Rod created for original mplayer? It fixed some playback issues related to uberkernel.

What they said. Still choppy for me too running UberKernal
jsgraphicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
Ok here is what I am going now.

I already had a folder in /media/internal/video (I also have one named videos, not sure what that is for).

So I copied a file from my PC into the /media/internal/video directory.. it was a *.flv file.

When I first launch MPlayer, I'm getting this error: 'ca.canucksoftware.mplayer is not running'.

When I tap on the OK button to get rid of the error message, I just see a gray colored screen that has a smalll circular (I guess it's WebOS's icon for waiting to update). But that never stops.

Should I be going to the preferences and 'register as file handler'?

I'm trying that right now anyway.

The last time I tried that, it wait icon (that circular symbol) never stopped, until I minimized the app, then I just got the smaller circular icon spinning.

Rob
Do a full device restart.
Old 03/21/2011, 01:25 PM   #45 (permalink)

It would be great if you could use the MPlayer to play voice mails on Google Voice. I tried copying the link of one of my voice mails and put it in the "Open URL" option but nothing happened when I clicked the "OK" button. Does MPlayer not support streaming?
deesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 02:26 PM   #46 (permalink)

I installed 1.01 with preware. No mplayer app in the launcher, even after a restart. Preware doens't list mplayer as installed anywhere. What gives? 2.1 meta-sprint
kill_dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 03:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
Sounds like the service was having issues. Try uninstalling, restarting, then reinstalling.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 04:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
I installed 1.01 with preware. No mplayer app in the launcher, even after a restart. Preware doens't list mplayer as installed anywhere. What gives? 2.1 meta-sprint
Reinstall.

Old 03/21/2011, 04:49 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
Reinstall.

I've done it twice already how many times does this need to be installed?
kill_dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 04:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
I've done it twice already how many times does this need to be installed?
not sure what's the cause of the not-appearing issue. I've seen that myself on my 2.1 pre2 a few times. A reinstall won't usually fix it. Did ya try restarting the device?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Alinaki likes this.
Old 03/21/2011, 08:36 PM   #51 (permalink)

Ok, so I am pretty sure the cause for the choppy playback is the lack of the file Rwhitby made for the original mplayer to make it work for UberKernal which can be found in the first post here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...yer-1-0-a.html

I had both version installed on my phone starting from scratch. Both versions had choppy playback. Once I followed the instructions in the link above and placed the file where it was supposed to be, the old version ran smoothly and this version is still choppy. So, If this file can be integrated into THIS version, I think we will be good.
Old 03/21/2011, 08:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

If Jason pulled the one from Chomper's Google Project Hosting page, it would be the same one that Rod used. Rod compiled that file. the first one is an old ver. of Mplayer that Chomper put together. Chomper's Google Project Hosting page has the one that fixed the problem we was having with overclocking.
Patches Animated Back Grounds Devicemenu MaxedOut Animated Music Player Sound Bar
My home page
warlord9159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 09:21 PM   #53 (permalink)

Thanks Jason. Being able to add sub-folders (Movies, Personal, etc) is awesome. No issues at all on my Pre Plus with UberKernel (with the default mplayer and compcache settings)
arkieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2011, 10:13 AM   #54 (permalink)
rpr

I have an original Pre, overclocked to 1GHz with AV8B kernel, and with this package playback is choppy. With the previous version of mplayer with Rod's modification, playback was smooth.
Old 03/22/2011, 10:47 AM   #55 (permalink)

New MPlayer is so sluggish
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2011, 12:38 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
If Jason pulled the one from Chomper's Google Project Hosting page, it would be the same one that Rod used. Rod compiled that file. the first one is an old ver. of Mplayer that Chomper put together. Chomper's Google Project Hosting page has the one that fixed the problem we was having with overclocking.
So this section right here...you're saying that this new file that was made is already a part of THIS one?

Quote:
Rwhitby at Webos Internals put together a fix for Mplayer.
This should work with any kernel, overclocked or not.

Must have Mplayer already install on your Pre.

Please test and post your results.

Download;
http://ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer
"That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the
WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is
available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository."

Use WebOSQickInstall and Send file to;

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/

No need to Restart phone.
Please test and post your results.
Old 03/22/2011, 12:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

In the open URL box, the option key changes but can't seem to add any option characters like : / etc.. which makes typing a URL rather tough...

Also, I have an asx file locally which points to a streaming media URL. I can see the file in Mplayer but clicking on it does nothing...wondering if the question above re: streaming is related...

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
scottymomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2011, 01:36 PM   #58 (permalink)

testing

keep reading
Patches Animated Back Grounds Devicemenu MaxedOut Animated Music Player Sound Bar
My home page

Last edited by warlord9159; 03/22/2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03/22/2011, 02:10 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
After opening the .ipk It looks to be the one that fixed are problems.
It would be the new one that Rwhitby made.

But Jason would know this for sure.

I having a hard time trying to understand the problems you'll have as I don't have any problems with Jason awesome work on this. sorry. So I can only guess on how to fix the problems you're experiencing.

So with that, ( End of rumbling )You can try this

un-zip and
Send "config" to
/media/crypotfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/.mplayer/

Please let me know if you noticed any changes to how it plays
Only apply if you're having slow play and/or massive frame drops

Note for me
====================
=
= Removed
# Fix for slow phone.*
framedrop=1
hardframedrop=0
double="yes"
====================
You're running 1.2 GHz right? So its safe to say you are not using UberKernal. I think the problem comes with UberKernal as it did with the version you posted in YOUR mplayer thread. Having that file named "mplayer" that is located in /media/crypotfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/ fixed the issue. Before that file was made, it was running just as this new version is now. Which makes me think this file wasnt added.

In this new version that Jason made, the app is located in /media/crypotfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.mplayer/. In THAT folder, I dont see a file named mplayer like the other one had which means I would think it was compiled differently or something. So simply adding that file that was made to fix the issue to THIS folder wouldnt help.

Im sorry for the long message. I am no developer so please bear with me.
Old 03/22/2011, 02:20 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
You're running 1.2 GHz right? So its safe to say you are not using UberKernal.
f105

Quote:
In this new version that Jason made, the app is located in /media/crypotfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.mplayer/. In THAT folder, I dont see a file named mplayer like the other one had which means I would think it was compiled differently or something. So simply adding that file that was made to fix the issue to THIS folder wouldnt help.
Jason would need to answer that one.
I don't see the Mplayer file in that location.
My home page

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0